Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-30-12, 20:06
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Lab Rats on a Quest 6

Welcome to Laboratory Number 6!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-30-12, 20:18

Plan: ECLECTIC LC-MFP
Stats: 321/182/196 Male 72
BF:ABDOMINABLY?!
Progress: 111%

Hmmm... Quiet here...
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-30-12, 20:23
It's Only Food!

BF:

Shhhhhhhhhhh.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-30-12, 20:29

Plan: Keto
Stats: 211.9/194.4/145 Female 67 "
BF:Good question!
Progress: 26%

Jan, your loss has me feeling numb for you. Praying for you and your family.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-30-12, 20:53

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Just checking in on the new thread so I'll get email notification in the morning. We had dinner at Outback and I opted for the wedge salad with steak on it. Zoo, are you presuming that the blue cheese dressing has flour because it is on the not gluten free list? Apparently, there is some controversy with blue cheeses in general because they use bread mold as a starter. Some feel it should be out of bounds for gluten sensitivities, others feel it is silly to assume bread mold will contain gluten. I asked for them to leave off the balsamic glaze, and ate only half of what seemed to be the world's largest wedge salad. Yummy, but overly generous. It seemed like a well balanced low carb dinner, though I had a glass of wine as well.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-30-12, 21:06

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 189/142/135 Female 66 inches
BF:hmmmm?
Progress: 87%

Just a copy and paste here in the new thread since the old one passed on:

Oh, Betsy, what a lucky lady you are to have such a pretty place to walk. I walk every day, and it’s not nearly so scenic. It’s pretty with lots of trees, though, but no pond.

Hi Serea. Thanks for the nice compliment. I can empathize about now wanting to sew quilts after you’ve just been sewing.

Oh, Liz, I’m just a rank beginner at Pilates, only three months. I do love it, though, even with all my restrictions, and believe me, there are plenty. You are so right, Blue. It makes a big difference to have fun and friendly people around. I wish I could take more classes, but they are so expensive around here, ranging from $15 to $27 per class. Mine is through the senior center and only $5, but there is only one class available.

Zoo, did I say thank you to you? If not, thank you now.

Yum, yum, yum. I had bacon, lettuce, and tomato salad with a couple ounces of chicken in it for dinner. Now, I'm going to go make a cup of coffee.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-30-12, 21:07

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 189/142/135 Female 66 inches
BF:hmmmm?
Progress: 87%

Thanks, Blue. You is good.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-31-12, 04:00

Good Last Morning of May LRs!!

How's your toidy issue Blue? We tore up our floor looking for the reason we seem to get a wet floor in the downstairs bathroom every time it rains. Well yesterday it rained quite a bit and NO water on the subfloor we left exposed... Hmmm?! Now do we put the old toidy back (which Sherlock would suggest leaks) or go buy a new one?!

Lost another pound today and didn't have to wait a wk this time...
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-31-12, 04:10

Just found this info on my nursery's spam mail...

Did you know hydrangea bloom color can change depending on the composition of your soil?

If pink is your color, use Encap Fast-Acting Lime. If blue is your favorite, use Bonide Aluminum Sulfate.

However, white hydrangeas will always be white.

I seem to remember someone having 'white hydrangeas' that were never white?! Above suggests perhaps they weren't white hydrangeas?!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-31-12, 04:23

Plan: Keto
Stats: 211.9/194.4/145 Female 67 "
BF:Good question!
Progress: 26%

Good morning everyone. Looks like we've busted a move to a new lab. Our quest is not over yet! LOL!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, May-31-12, 04:51
It's Only Food!

BF:

Mornin', Kids!

I'm exactly 2 pounds up from my lowest. Hoping to get back down. Story of my life.

GL, both toilets stopped "blooping" and we still don't know why they ever did or why they stopped. It was just that one morning and by that evening all systems normal. When it comes to plumbing, I play ostrich. Idontwannaknow.

As for the old versus new toilet......get a new one. You've already taken it off and seen that the leaks were not associated with rain. Your causes just narrowed. I'd like to get new ones too.....taller ones. It's on the list of changes I'd like to make.

I have found in gardening that white hydrangeas are not the same as the others and can't change. They have no pigment to change. Most of the time white versions of plants have leaves that are lighter (less pigment) than their color counterparts. It's just how it is.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, May-31-12, 06:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Good morning everyone

Sheesh...we are back to sweater weather but it is sunny out so I am still not complaining...they are again promising rain for tonight...ya right.

We changed our toilets a couple of years ago to the higher ones and it is so nice. I was having so much trouble when my hip was wonky and it just made it so much easier for me. Plus the fact that my hubby is tall...now we both are happy.

Taking Mom out for a little bit today to look around a new second hand shop that has opened. It is a church one and has great stuff (I love second hand stores). I went yesterday and got a wonderful Moulinex counter top convection oven for 20 $ that looks as if it was never used. I hate turning on the stove oven to bake one potato for hubby or do our small amounts of foods. I became a real fan of second hand stores when I was going down in weight and begrudged buying new jeans in a size that I would not be in for long. I paid 5 or 6 $ a pair and was happy to do so.

Have a good day everyone.....
  #13   ^
Old Thu, May-31-12, 06:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/160/130 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

Good morning. See we have a new safe spot to land.

Congrats GL

Happy Thursday. Full day and lots to do.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, May-31-12, 06:29
Looking 4 Onederland

Plan: Atkins '72, IF
Stats: 284.5/200/170 Female 5' 5"
BF:Why yes it is! ;)
Progress: 74%

Good morning everyone!

It was probably the wax seal that was leaking GL. Use one of the ones with the rubber sleeve and a regular one nested together. Especially if you are changing the height of the floor tiles. You might want to think about keeping the old toilet if it is a 3 gallon one. The new 1.6 gallon ones can be a pain.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, May-31-12, 06:38
Every day is day 1.

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 249.0/220.6/160 Female 67 inches
BF:Yup. I know.
Progress: 32%

Good morning Rats!!! Nice new digs!

Liz - I was going to suggest that a lot of the carbs in the wedge salad at Outback had to be from the balsamic glaze. It IS what makes the salad so good though! I make a version of the salad at home - or I did anyway. lol I found a copy cat recipe on line after they came out with it. It's incredibly easy to recreate.

Congrats on the loss GL! ... I'm jealous!

Higher toilets are wonderful! We've changed out two in the past few years to the higher ones and it's amazing how 'popular' those bathrooms are. Even the kids prefer to use them. I never really thought about it until I was sitting here thinking which two we have changed and which two bathrooms get the most traffic.

GL - With the toilet issue.... it only happens when it rains? Could it be a problem with the lines backing up and then overfilling when you flush the toilet? Of course that is generally if you live in a rural area. We had issues with our lateral lines not draining sufficiently and had similar issues a few years ago. Now years later with new lines (and less $750) we no longer have that issue. We also have an issue with the master bath lines not being able to handle the shower running and the toilet being flushed at the same time so it's one or the other or else we we end up with a puddle in the kitchen floor where the water comes out from around one of the inset lights.
Closed Thread