Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 06:55
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Truly Inspiring Quote!

WOW! I saw a very good quote on JEY (Janet's) signature line today that is really worth sharing b/c it truly resonates with me and I know it will for you guys too:

"The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison." Ann Wigmore
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 08:36

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

SO TRUE JO

I do love that siggy

slow poison. it screws up your life on a daily basis and yet we 'live thru it' and take ALL its misery on our bodies.

not anymore for us abstainers!!

Carbs to me are point blank the devil....I don't care where they come from. wherever a carb is involved, anything over that 8 total carb area makes me crave and be stupid and fall back into addiction.

key is WE ALL must know our CCL. that is important if you are a carby sensitive person....but once ya know that, what 'really' is your point, it is then up to us to change our ways and fix our bodies.

I mean I can't pretend/lie/deny anymore and when I faced that...I am on a winning team now!

OH and I want to point out again----I tried some sweetener in my tea. I like it. ONE drop in a big mug and I had 3 hot teas. I 'wanted some sweet back' and dang if I didn't start to crave....YES sweeteners can effect alot of us in a bad way. I am one. SO DITCH time again on sweeteners for me LOL
SEE---old habits, want some sweet back...TRIED AGAIN to have it and I just can't. the day of craving was not worth the insanity I had to talk me down from.

I tell ya I do not like being a super duper insane carby sensitive gal but I AM so I will do what I must to make it work
  #93   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 08:57

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Karen, I can't have any sweetener at all. Brings back cravings and hunger big time. Heck I can even have more than 4 carbs a day if I do I have the hungries for food and Lordy it is like a gateway drug to the carby sweet veggies. So I am coming to believe for me I have to be a complete abstainer from all carbs so as not to wake the beast.
Jams, have a great on plan trip to Alaska, lots of fun at the wedding!
Lauri, hope your recovery is going well!
Hello to Larry hope you are having a great time with family!
Jo, luv that quote Yepper food can heal us or poison us it doesn't get any simpler than that. I remember when the endo gave me a list of all the healthy veggies that were killing my thyroid! Did that open my eyes but it still took a long time to get to this day!
Have a spectacular day warriors and take care!
  #94   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 13:07
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
SO TRUE JO

I do love that siggy

slow poison. it screws up your life on a daily basis and yet we 'live thru it' and take ALL its misery on our bodies.
I knew you'd like it too, Karen!

As for the slow poisoning of our bodies, that's b/c we were brainwashed to believe that hogwash dished out by our government and health care professionals that the SAD WOE was the proper way to combat heart disease, diabetes and a myriad of other weight-related issues. BUT THEY are so WRONG!!!

We KNOW better now. That's the beauty part of this... we can fix what's broken by not continuing to slowly poison ourselves with those horribly addictive, insidiously toxic, poisonous killer carb-age foods.
Quote:
Carbs to me are point blank the devil....I don't care where they come from. wherever a carb is involved, anything over that 8 total carb area makes me crave and be stupid and fall back into addiction.

key is WE ALL must know our CCL. that is important if you are a carby sensitive person....but once ya know that, what 'really' is your point, it is then up to us to change our ways and fix our bodies.
Yep we all have to "fine tune" our carb-age threshold to find out how many we can have before we've crossed that LINE and brings back all the demons from our carb-age laden days!
Quote:
I mean I can't pretend/lie/deny anymore and when I faced that...I am on a winning team now!
Right On!

Quote:
OH and I want to point out again----I tried some sweetener in my tea. I like it. ONE drop in a big mug and I had 3 hot teas. I 'wanted some sweet back' and dang if I didn't start to crave....YES sweeteners can effect alot of us in a bad way. I am one. SO DITCH time again on sweeteners for me LOL
SEE---old habits, want some sweet back...TRIED AGAIN to have it and I just can't. the day of craving was not worth the insanity I had to talk me down from.
Oh man, I'm sorry Karen that you had to ditch your sweetener again. Which did you use???

B/c I have never had to ditch my AS and I've used both liquid saccharin (Sweet n low) & liquid sucralose. I use the Sweet 'n Low b/c it's way cheaper... And they have never affected my weight or my cravings...

And remember I used to be the dt soda queen... I used to drink gallons of that each day... now Imma doing Wal-mart brand of Crystal Light.. but instead of making the 2 quarts, I make it weaker and make a gallon, it's too sweet to me otherwise.

Why did I stop drinking dt. soda, you might ask? Just b/c...no real reason!
Quote:
I tell ya I do not like being a super duper insane carby sensitive gal but I AM so I will do what I must to make it work
Exactly, Karen and I wish I was about 2-3 inches taller...but that AIN'T gonna happen!

So we've gotta work with the cards we are dealt and we're LUCKY so very lucky b/c we can "fix" our problems by staying 100% OP today and letting tomorrow take care of itself!

Keep Fighting the Good HARD Fight, Karen, b/c YOU've GOT THIS!
  #95   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 13:19

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hello Warriors....

Happy Thursday.

I took a load of stuff to donate this morning and then picked up a few food items at the grocery store. Now I'm chilling out with the pups.

Just hanging out inside for the rest of the day, staying out of the heat.

I use a limited amount of sweetener. Just a bit of Sf syrup in my coffee and a diet soda once in awhile. Doesn't seem to bother me. No cravings.

Have a great day all
  #96   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 13:29
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello warriors,

Hiya, Berni!

Imma doing super duper! Hope you are doing the same!
Quote:
Karen, I can't have any sweetener at all. Brings back cravings and hunger big time.
Wow I didn't know you weren't doing AS as well! Wonder how many of us here use or don't use AS?
Quote:
Heck I can even have more than 4 carbs a day if I do I have the hungries for food and Lordy it is like a gateway drug to the carby sweet veggies. So I am coming to believe for me I have to be a complete abstainer from all carbs so as not to wake the beast.
Yep, I am the same way! No more than 4-5 carbs per day...
Quote:
Jo, luv that quote Yepper food can heal us or poison us it doesn't get any simpler than that.
Exactly!
Quote:
I remember when the endo gave me a list of all the healthy veggies that were killing my thyroid! Did that open my eyes but it still took a long time to get to this day!
How ironic that the supposedly "healthy veggies" were killing your thyroid! Hey do you still have that list? Would be interesting to see which ones they are....

I am so glad you finally figure out what you needed to do to get healthy again!

A '72 Induction all the way, baby!

Quote:
Have a spectacular day warriors and take care!
Thanks and you too, girlie!
  #97   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 13:34
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Hello Warriors....

Happy Thursday.
Happy Thursday, De!
Quote:
I took a load of stuff to donate this morning and then picked up a few food items at the grocery store. Now I'm chilling out with the pups.

Just hanging out inside for the rest of the day, staying out of the heat.
Sounds like you are having a much deserved chil-laxing day! I'm about to head outside to work on my tan and get my vit D! It's not as hot as it's been ~ okay it's NOT in the low 100s today only around 98!
Quote:
I use a limited amount of sweetener. Just a bit of Sf syrup in my coffee and a diet soda once in awhile. Doesn't seem to bother me. No cravings.
That's very cool!

I always find it interesting that we are all basically "doing" the same LC WOE, but we've gotta subtract some things b/c they affect us in different ways...

Bottom line, we've gotta do whatever it takes to get and keep the results we want, eh?
Quote:
Have a great day all
Thanks and you too!
  #98   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-16, 07:33
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Good Friday Morning, HC A '72 Warrior Sisters and Brother Larry!

Hope everyone is doing well & wishing you all a totally Kick Azz BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Not too much happening in my lil' corner of the Land of Enchantment desert! Staying busy amusing myself with volunteer work, playing guitar, crocheting/knitting etc!

Still maintaining my weight loss and kickin' "Fat Jo's" fat azz everyday b/c I stay 100% OP!

Wow I can't believe that I have 4 more weeks off before another school year is upon me... First week of school is torturous in-service days! And then the real fun begins, at least for me, when the kiddos start school on the 15th! Gosh, I really teaching!

When I left the last day of school, I was scheduled to teach these classes this fall (but things can change ):

Family Consumer Sciences (2 classes) ~ 7th & 8th graders (Home Ec for peeps of my generation)
Keyboarding ~ 6th graders
Business Computers ~ 7th & 8th graders
Guitar (2 classes) ~ 6th, 7th & 8th graders
Resources/Study Hall ~ Grade unknown
Cover Office for secretary's lunch b/c we don't have Campus aides anymore due to budget cuts. Heck some of our teachers have lunch duty in the cafeteria and outside lunch duty. We still get our lunch break and a prep period, so we can't complain...

Our classes are only 40 mins long and they go by like gang-busters! It's unbelievable!
  #99   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-16, 14:23

BF:

Hello warriors,

It is hot here in the Midwest but suppose to cool off a little bit for the weekend 😀.

Jo, Yepper I only drink water. No tea, coffee nothing sweet! Funny think is I luv water now plain it actually taste sweet!

I will post a link with all the veggies that are bad for thyroid!
Have a wonderful day warriors and take care!
  #100   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-16, 14:28

BF:

http://www.diagnosisdiet.com/foods-and-hypothyroidism/

Warriors,
A list of plant food that is bad for thyroid and for those suffering from hypothyroid. It is helpful for those with hyperthyroidism 😀

Last edited by Bernie2014 : Sat, Jul-09-16 at 06:49.
  #101   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-16, 17:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 265/165/145 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

Hey all... recovery going well, just very tired. Wanted to eat really lightly, but needed to make sure things started moving, if you know what I mean. Thankfully they have.

Jo, your schedule sounds nice: last year I had 2 90-min history classes a day, along with a bunch of 30-min ones. It was tough. This year they asked if I could teach a writing class to 6-8. I said yes, IF she could promise I'd keep teaching it. I poured all my energy into crafting good history lessons so I'd have an easier time this year. We start back in a month, too. Summer is not long enough.
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-16, 17:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 265/165/145 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

I really love teaching.. am just feeling too tired today.
  #103   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 04:49

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

JO, I use the EZ-Sweetz stuff. I threw it out but when I cleaned my cabinet WAY up top I found an unopened 2nd bottle I had stored there. Of course on 'seeing it' I wanted to use it LOL
I wish I wasn't one that was triggered by AS...but I am
It is cool. I was living without AS for a good bit and 'tried to have it again' but I found out it doesn't suit me. but I will get thru cause it what I must do!!

Bernie, yea, the AS question? Sad we can't handle it. I wish I could....but if we know it gets us into a bad state then it must be thrown by the wayside. I drink plain tea. regular old black cheap tea bags. I love that flavor plain so I can easily sip on that at night. I love warm liquid at times.

Lauri, rest rest and more rest best thing for you and glad all is moving well for you--LOL

HI ALL
simple day. sticking to plan. eating too much to lose fast but that is ok. my body is reshaping in a great way. I am gearing my mind toward more food control in the future to blast off the last lbs. that are in my way.

All is good cause I am maintaining my losses and THAT is a wonderful thing so far

kinda cloudy with Tstorms floating around, but more pop up type, sun peeking. Might be able to swim in a bit. lazy day today. little of this and that for chores and rest is pure lazy whatever time here

everyone have a fine day
  #104   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 05:18
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello warriors,

Imma doing super duper terrific and I hope you are doing the same!
Quote:
It is hot here in the Midwest but suppose to cool off a little bit for the weekend 😀.
Lucky you! It's supposed to be in the low 100s this w/e! That's life in the desert!
Quote:
Jo, Yepper I only drink water. No tea, coffee nothing sweet! Funny think is I luv water now plain it actually taste sweet!
Wow, I had no idea you didn't do any AS at all. Is it b/c it affects your weight or your cravings for sugar??
Quote:
I will post a link with all the veggies that are bad for thyroid!
Wow there's a lot of supposedly "healthy" veggies that can affect your thyroid! Thanks for sharing that link, girlie! I had no idea...

I am so glad you figure all this out and why A '72 Induction is so important for you and your good HEALTH!!!

Now I can truly appreciate that statement you always make that "A '72 Induction saved your life!"
  #105   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 05:50
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauriSinge
Hey all... recovery going well, just very tired. Wanted to eat really lightly, but needed to make sure things started moving, if you know what I mean. Thankfully they have.
So glad to hear that you are recovering well and that things are "moving" nicely!

Sorry to hear you are still tired, but that's to be expected! Let your family pamper you until you're fully recovered!
Quote:
Jo, your schedule sounds nice: last year I had 2 90-min history classes a day, along with a bunch of 30-min ones. It was tough. This year they asked if I could teach a writing class to 6-8. I said yes, IF she could promise I'd keep teaching it. I poured all my energy into crafting good history lessons so I'd have an easier time this year. We start back in a month, too. Summer is not long enough.
So you know EXACTLY where I'm coming from!

Wow, so you're changing subjects! I hope they allow you to continue teaching it b/c I know how much work it is to create good lessons!

In our district, money does not get spent on elective classes only CORE classes. So we don't get any resources or textbooks (if applicable). Last time we adopted a Food Science textbook was back in 2002! My keyboarding text book is from 1997. But it's all good, the keys on the keyboard have NOT moved!

I've spent years and years developing my curriculum for all my classes. As you well know, curriculum is a work in progress, especially with what I teach...

I've had to write worksheets, create PowerPoints, computer tutorials etc. I even wrote a 73 page guitar music manual for my guitar classes b/c I couldn't find anything I really liked available commercially. I can get them printed at the district level for free which means no cost to the parents; some moan that they have to buy a guitar, etc... Pffffffffffft!

I am NOT complaining about all the work I've put into my classes... that's the nature of the beast when one teaches electives here in our district! And I NEVER do anything on the fly when I teach...but then again, I'm the epitome of organization and it would so go against the grain!!

I spend hours and hours on the weekends writing lesson plans etc... you probably do the exact same thing... we have a 40 min prep each day...yeah that ain't enough to do much except input grades, contact 'rents and catch one's breath....oh and use the bathroom!

Sorry didn't mean to go off on a tangent! But you can probably tell that I am very passionate about teaching!

And I know you've heard this before:

If you can READ this, thank a teacher!
Closed Thread