Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-16, 10:02

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauriSinge
Well...I am NOT a minimalist! Lol...you guys would be claustrophobic in my house! I am not proud of my clutter, but... So be it. I have a hard time getting rid of stuff. As a teacher and a crafts person, I'm always thinking "there must be something I can do with that." Lol. I'm trying to be better about it. At least I'm not accumulating MORE, even if I can't give away what I have!

Had a good day yesterday. Begged off the dessert my friends brought that had " fresh fruit with sugar sprinkled on it." Will continue to eat only as my body tells me I'm hungry. 2 days without eating (and not able to keep down ice chips) has shrunk my tummy, so I'm enjoying a smaller appetite. Eating good protein is certainly good for recovery, I would think!

Not a minimalist here either!! We have a lot of stuff. Not totally cluttered though, just in certain places but I do have to downsize so some of our stuff has got to go. I like pictures on my walls, bare walls bore me.

Best wishes on your recovery Lauri, it looks like you are doing okay with it.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-16, 10:38

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

I'm not a minimalist, I like my things around me. I'm not a hoarder either. The last episode of hoarders I watched motivated me to get after my back room, and closets.

Happy 4th of July!! I hope everyone has a fabulous day. You all deserve to celebrate our country's birthday and your weightloss. DH and I are invited to a bash but haven't decided whether to attend or not.

Have been pretty busy the last couple of days. Always something to do. I have to reseed my lawn since it is getting sparse.

I used to have an exercise bike that I liked fairly well, but now I have a treadmill that I like better. Now I just have to move DGS out on his own so I can use it. Since it is in his room, which used to be my exercise room. LOL

It's not difficult to keep OP all I have to do is remember how painful it is to go off plan. Always hungry, always planning your next meal even while eating your present meal. Never being filled up. Not worth it!!

Hope everyone has a fantastic OP day;

Blessings and Peace;
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-16, 12:39

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY, All!

Hope everyone is having a great OP weekend! I am, even though the scale is messing around. It's not linear...I know that. And, a cup of water weighs half a pound...still! I hardly ate anything yesterday, and the scale is up. Wasn't hungry in the morning, still wasn;t hungry at lunch, so everyone ese got a sandwhich at the coffeee shop, I just had coffee and I was FINE with that! ...Oh well.

Today we are having a board games marathon here at home, packing for Alaska (leave Thursday) and enjoying our new deck loveseat! I've been looking online for deals, and the ones I like best are like 1,400$- too much for me. So, I have a credit on Amazon, so I found one for about 600$, still A LOT for a love seat... So, found one on HomeDepot online... about 400$ plus the cost of slipcovers...but they are considered custom, so, you can't return them... I figured, better go in-store and see if I can find a swatch or something, for colour and texture...

Anyway, it's actually considered "end of season" now, and when we went in, the guys were moving all the "patio furniture" out... We found a PERFECT (67 inch wide for our 68 inch space!) love seat in celery green!... Fits like charm! And, best of all, it was regular 450$ and we bought it on closeout for 238$!!! I'm laying on it right now. Ahhhh, so comfy! Now, just refill our beautiful planter, and get 2 small side tables and we are set!

Have a great day all!
jams
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-16, 04:50

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

hope everyone had a great 4th! We sat on the front steps of our house and watched the fireworks blow up so pretty over the trees toward the lake. simple fun and quiet

Lauri, my MIL is like that, she is a real hoarder tho. Her words all the time are 'there might be a use for that someday' and it drives me insane. Cause when she passes, I will have to have a haz-mat company come in to dispose of her home contents. Literally, she belongs on that hoarder show. no joke, it is frightening when someone goes to that level.

Hope recovery gets better. protein is best for you! eat little bit at a time and just rest like crazy!

Jams, 1400 down to 238? wow now you tracked down some great savings on that one!!

HI Bernie, hope you are having a blast!!!

HI ALL
nothing much here. going to moms in a bit to celebrate the 4th. Bro Gregg might be there, other than that, little swimming in the lake. not a hard day at all.

on plan and doing well.
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-16, 05:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 265/165/145 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

I was up so long on Sunday, because of the guests we had over, that I slept most of the day yesterday. So here I am, wide awake at 5 am! Well, shows me I'm getting better.

If you walk into my house, you won't be walking through loads of crap, like the hoarder show. Everything has its place! but I have pictures on the wall, and lots of knick knacks on the shelves, as well as books and more books. My attic is FULL of books! because I've always worked in small schools that couldn't afford much, so I would buy classroom sets of books for my kiddos. But I paid for them, so I took them with me when I left. DD says I should start my own school! I need to get rid of them, but I'm not sure how to do it.

Went with DD to see Finding Dory yesterday--cute movie. She wanted to go out to dinner afterwards, but I was tired and not hungry so she brought me home. I mostly have pain in 2 spots--1 makes sense, and the other is my shoulders. So weird...they say after laproscopic surgery some of the CO2 they use to inflate your abdomen travels to your shoulders and causes pain there until it disappates. I'm trying to walk a little bit every hour I'm up, in hopes that moving around will encourage it to go away.
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-16, 06:03
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default My 3rd Atkins-versary of my LAST & Final Restart!!

Wow I can't believe that today marks the 3rd Atkins-versary that completely changed my life forever!

Today is my Independence Day from “Fat Jo” [the self-destructive carb-addicted selfish FAT bitch who destroys my good emotional & physical health, self-love and self-esteem] & those horribly addictive, insidiously toxic, poisonous killer carb-age foods.

Yesterday marked 2 years, 3 months + 1 week in maintenance!

I had no idea that I would be as successful as I have been. More importantly, that I am able, for the first time ever, to keep "Fat Jo" in her maintenance cage where she can do me NO more HARM!

Losing the weight was never a problem for me. I am one of those very fortunate people that can drop weight rather quickly following A '72 Induction.

But like a dumb azz, I never mastered the "keeping it off" thingy; which of course is the MOST important part!

Yeah, I yo-yo dieted for 35 years and probably lost more than 600 lbs with all the rinse, repeat, re-gain, re-lose insanity of it all!

I realize now I was only trying to lose the weight!

With all those wasted years, I refused to commit myself 100% to this incredible life & soul changing WOE!

I first had to acknowledge & deal with all my food related issues. Then and only then was I actually able to lose the weight! I will NEVER be "Fat Jo" again b/c I REFUSE to REGAIN!

That commitment means staying ever vigilant of everything I eat WITHOUT cheating! That's my key to being über successful: NO CHEATING ever!

Staying OP 100% isn't a MISTAKE or an ACCIDENT! It's an ATTITUDE born from determination, perseverance and self-respect that I will remain ever FAITHFUL to my LC WOE plan no matter what temptations/cravings pass my way! Bottom line: It really is my CHOICE to eat 100% OP! And:

“Nothing Tastes as Good as Being at my Personal Weight Goal Feels!”

Seriously, aren't I totally disrespecting myself if I continue to eat the foods that I know make me unhealthy in mind, body and soul as well as FAT?

Armed with a multitude of strategies to handle my food related issues, this LC WOE got me far beyond my original goal of losing the weight (-151 lbs) but will continue to help me keep it off to Infinity and Beyond!

"I am NOT a product of my circumstance.
I am a product of my decisions!"

By Stephen Covey

So now Imma working towards my 4th Atkins-versary!
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-16, 06:13
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy Tuesday, Warrior Sisters & Brother Larry!

I the convo of late about which of us are minimalist and which are not! Too funny! I stand on my statement that I hate to clean hence the minimalist attitude!

Hope all of you had a terrific 4th of July and wishing you all a totally Kick Azz BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Keep Fighting the Good HARD Fight b/c we are soooo WORTH IT!

#68   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-16, 06:19
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh6251
I used to have an exercise bike that I liked fairly well, but now I have a treadmill that I like better. Now I just have to move DGS out on his own so I can use it. Since it is in his room, which used to be my exercise room. LOL

It's not difficult to keep OP all I have to do is remember how painful it is to go off plan. Always hungry, always planning your next meal even while eating your present meal. Never being filled up. Not worth it!!
Well said about the problems that plague us when we do go off plan: always hungry etc!

One of my biggest personal issues is the guilt associated with not staying OP.

Yeah the weight gain probably would be minimal or not at all. But I'd be EATEN alive by the GUILT that I let bad FOOD have the POWER to control me again! So best not even go there, ever, is my rule!
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-16, 06:31
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY, All!
Thanks, Jams!
Quote:
Hope everyone is having a great OP weekend! I am, even though the scale is messing around. It's not linear...I know that. And, a cup of water weighs half a pound...still! I hardly ate anything yesterday, and the scale is up. Wasn't hungry in the morning, still wasn;t hungry at lunch, so everyone ese got a sandwhich at the coffeee shop, I just had coffee and I was FINE with that! ...Oh well.
Congrats on not being tempted at the coffee shop! That's huge!

I know you know that the scale does what the scale wants ~ it's an evil infernal contraption that's for sure!

All you can do is CONTROL what you eat, not how that blasted thing reacts!

Have you measured lately? B/c Dr. A says this in Diet Revolution [pg 144]
Quote:
Remember, your tape measure is a lot better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat (not just temporary water) losses this diet achieves.
Quote:
Today we are having a board games marathon here at home, packing for Alaska (leave Thursday) and enjoying our new deck loveseat! I've been looking online for deals, and the ones I like best are like 1,400$- too much for me. So, I have a credit on Amazon, so I found one for about 600$, still A LOT for a love seat... So, found one on HomeDepot online... about 400$ plus the cost of slipcovers...but they are considered custom, so, you can't return them... I figured, better go in-store and see if I can find a swatch or something, for colour and texture...

Anyway, it's actually considered "end of season" now, and when we went in, the guys were moving all the "patio furniture" out... We found a PERFECT (67 inch wide for our 68 inch space!) love seat in celery green!... Fits like charm! And, best of all, it was regular 450$ and we bought it on closeout for 238$!!! I'm laying on it right now. Ahhhh, so comfy! Now, just refill our beautiful planter, and get 2 small side tables and we are set!
I board games! It's starting to become a lost family activity what with all the electronic games available which is rather sad!

I remember playing board games & card games with my fam as a child and then playing them with my own kiddos. We still play board games and card games when we get together! Anyhoo...

Wow über good deal on your patio set!

So how long are you going to be gone on your Alaskan vaca/wedding trip??
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-16, 06:36
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
hope everyone had a great 4th! We sat on the front steps of our house and watched the fireworks blow up so pretty over the trees toward the lake. simple fun and quiet
I didn't stay up to see the city's Fireworks... but it's all good!
Quote:
Lauri, my MIL is like that, she is a real hoarder tho. Her words all the time are 'there might be a use for that someday' and it drives me insane. Cause when she passes, I will have to have a haz-mat company come in to dispose of her home contents. Literally, she belongs on that hoarder show. no joke, it is frightening when someone goes to that level.
Sorry to hear about your MIL. But I agree with you about having to sort thru that kinda stuff. That was one reason why I went minimalist when I moved into my new house...didn't wanna have to worry that my DDs would have to sort thru all the crap...
Quote:
HI ALL
nothing much here. going to moms in a bit to celebrate the 4th. Bro Gregg might be there, other than that, little swimming in the lake. not a hard day at all.
Have a great time at your mom's!
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-16, 06:46
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
I was up so long on Sunday, because of the guests we had over, that I slept most of the day yesterday. So here I am, wide awake at 5 am! Well, shows me I'm getting better.
Sleeping most of the day is a good thing, you need your rest to recoup and recover!
Quote:
...as well as books and more books. My attic is FULL of books! because I've always worked in small schools that couldn't afford much, so I would buy classroom sets of books for my kiddos. But I paid for them, so I took them with me when I left. DD says I should start my own school! I need to get rid of them, but I'm not sure how to do it.
I hear you on the out-of-pocket purchases of school supplies etc! I do that too. Especially since I am an elective teacher and there's NO $$$ in the budget for none CORE classes. I can't tell you the last time I got to adopt a new set of classroom books and I teach 5, 6 or 7 totally different classes depending on the school year...

But since I'm not retired yet all of that stuff is still at school! I am so NOT looking forward to the day I retire... maybe I'll just leave it all there for the next teacher to sort out!
Quote:
I mostly have pain in 2 spots--1 makes sense, and the other is my shoulders. So weird...they say after laproscopic surgery some of the CO2 they use to inflate your abdomen travels to your shoulders and causes pain there until it disappates. I'm trying to walk a little bit every hour I'm up, in hopes that moving around will encourage it to go away.
Hope you become pain-free real soon! But it sounds like you are recovering well since you wanna walk a little bit each hour! WTG!
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-16, 07:03

BF:

Quote:

If you walk into my house, you won't be walking through loads of crap, like the hoarder show. Everything has its place! but I have pictures on the wall, and lots of knick knacks on the shelves, as well as books and more books. My attic is FULL of books! because I've always worked in small schools that couldn't afford much, so I would buy classroom sets of books for my kiddos. But I paid for them, so I took them with me when I left. DD says I should start my own school! I need to get rid of them, but I'm not sure how to do it.

Went with DD to see Finding Dory yesterday--cute movie. She wanted to go out to dinner afterwards, but I was tired and not hungry so she brought me home. I mostly have pain in 2 spots--1 makes sense, and the other is my shoulders. So weird...they say after laproscopic surgery some of the CO2 they use to inflate your abdomen travels to your shoulders and causes pain there until it disappates. I'm trying to walk a little bit every hour I'm up, in hopes that moving around will encourage it to go away.

Lauri..I know that exact shoulder pain. No one warned me about it. When I had my gallbladder out the only pain I had was shoulder pain.

We've collected a lot of books over the years. I've donated some, but we still have many more.

Hope today is better for you. Get some rest!

#73   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-16, 07:14

BF:

Good morning warriors...

Great 4th...loved seeing the kiddos doing fireworks...there were 6 kids under 5 yrs old and under enjoying fireworks day, lots of adults in attendance too...fun time.

Got my fill of BBQ burgers and salad. Drank a lot of diet soda.

Now have to get up early to take care of grandkids. Dogs didn't like hearing fireworks so was up a lot with them. People don't know when to quit doing them.

Jo and Jammie...we still do board games and cards. Grew up on them and at family get togethers as adults too. Mexican train and rummy tiles are popular with us now. We used to play scrabble a lot. Then different card games too, including poker. We had a poker board game we played all the time....

Have a great day all
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-16, 07:35
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Good morning warriors...

Great 4th...loved seeing the kiddos doing fireworks...there were 6 kids under 5 yrs old and under enjoying fireworks day, lots of adults in attendance too...fun time.

Got my fill of BBQ burgers and salad. Drank a lot of diet soda.
Sounds like you had a terrific 4th of July! I can't tell you the last time I had a burger or any beef for that matter...
Quote:
Now have to get up early to take care of grandkids. Dogs didn't like hearing fireworks so was up a lot with them. People don't know when to quit doing them.
It was really quiet in my 'hood last night. Heard a few fireworks/crackers going off which usually bothers da lil' Chico dog, but he seemed okay with it since it was far away and not a continual barrage!

As for "people don't know when to quit doing 'em" they will continue here for a while... they don't know when to quit either!

What I found disturbing was the last time I went to Wally World, the gal in front of me used her welfare card to pay for her food and then bought a crap load of fireworks with cash... and Imma thinking WTF?????!!!!! Pffffffffffffft!

A topic for another day....
Quote:
Jo and Jammie...we still do board games and cards. Grew up on them and at family get togethers as adults too. Mexican train and rummy tiles are popular with us now. We used to play scrabble a lot. Then different card games too, including poker. We had a poker board game we played all the time...
Right ON!
Quote:
Have a great day all
Thank you, I will and you too, girlie!
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-16, 10:00

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello Warriors,

Hope everyone had a great 4th.
Laurie, so glad your recovery is going well.
Jo, Jammie, and de I luv boards games. Monopoly, scrabble, and sorry some of my favorites. Sadly the grands have so much electronic products they would find them boring!

Hello Karen, have a great day!

Today is work and grandkiddies! I got in from
Up north late last night. I missed fireworks here but seen them up North!
Judi, have a wonderful day!
Closed Thread