Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 16:02

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 150/150/150
BF:
Progress: 43%
Cool Questions about CKD, NEED HELP!

Trainer Dan or any one else who can lead me in the right direction.....I have a few questions but first let me give you my current situation in life so you can better assess my situation.

I am a 29 year old female. On January 3rd,2002 I figured it was time to try to "go for the gold" and get into shape for the first time in a long time. I decided to with the Dr. Atkins diet program. At any rate, I dropped 16 pounds to be exact and I am very excited. I also used cardio (treadmill) for 4-5 days a week

Now, I feel that I need to change my diet due to the fact that I have joined a health club. Also my fiance' insist that I need something to shock my body again, because he feels its at a stand still and used to a very low carb approach.

So I decided to try CKD ! Now my questions :

1) Since I am totally used to Atkins and low carb approach I have no problems with the M-F game plan. Its almost the same thing I have endured for 2 1/2 months. The thing that throws me off is - how long do I go into carb up mode for? Does this start Friday night after my last weight training session for the week?

2) Please give me exact descriptions of EXACTLY what you have eaten in CARB UP. It says hi-carb, medium protein and low fat. Does that throw all the goodies out the window and leave you with pasta and potatoes only? LOL And what can you have on the pasta and potatoes...hopefully their is some decent cheat foods I can have...please inform me though!

3) I plan to go heavy on M-W at the gym and do a high intensity superset circuit for the whole body on Friday. Does that sound correct? I also will do the treadmill on M-F every day upon wakening.

Thats all I can think of now...I am sure I will come back with more questions but thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 19:10

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

I am currently doing a CKD. I start the carb up after my Friday night workout and it continues until I go to bed Sunday night.

As far as food goes, I am pretty lucky. I can eat just about anything I want (including goodies!) on the weekends and still get GREAT results! Let's see....last weekend I went to dinner Fri night and had crab cakes w/ fries and a milk shake (I know, I know--not all that healthy!); Saturday I ate oatmeal w/ protein powder mixed in for breakfast, lunch was ???cant remember, dinner was chicken and a margarita; Sunday morning I had eggs benedict for breakfast, pizza for lunch and tacos for dinner. Of course, I'll eat snacks too! Had a couple low-carb shakes, a bit of ice cream, etc.... As you can see last weekend I went a lil' crazy! Usually, I try to watch what I eat more but I also allow myself treats--because hey, on the weekends I am allowed. I think it all depends on the individual. Fortunately, my body allows me to have a weekend like that and still lose weight and inches. I will try to remember what I eat this upcoming weekend (eek! no one look!!! LOL) and post that.

I do AM cardio usually 2-3 times a week. Lately, I have only been getting in 2 am sessions but now that things are calming down in my life, I need to up that to at least 3 times. I lift M,W,and Fri nights. I split up body parts. I'll let Dan know this post is here so he can offer his advice.

Hope this helps a little! By the way, just to give you some background on me...I am 6'2", 23 yrs old, female and my weight is currently around 170.5. I haven't been on the scale in a while b/c I like to rely more on inches lost. Started this round of the CKD on Jan 1 so I'll take my 3 month measurements on April 1st.

Linda
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 22:13

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default EEK!

Ok, this is exactly what I ate this weekend! I ate some junk on Saturday--I know I need a bit more protein!

Ok, Fri night aftar my lift Dan and I went to Chilis. I had chips and salsa, raspberry ice tea, and grilled shrimp alfredo. Later I had an oreo cookie ice cream sandwich.

Saturday:
OJ, hot apple pie, blueberry muffin, chicken finger platter, raspberry ice tea, small cheese danish, low carb bar, 3 small choc. chip cookies, McDonalds hot fudge sundae, 4 danish butter cookies, Belgain waffle with strawberries and whipped cream, twiz bar. (ok, saturday I went a little crazy!!! need to do better next weekend!)

Sunday:
2 pieces french toast (w/ sf syrup), oj, 2 choc. chip cookies, oats with scoop strawberry protein powder, cheese tortellini with chicken and veg soup, 3 vanilla sugar wafers, party mix, lemon chicken with rice, broccoli with cheese, string cheese, 22 M & Ms (yes I counted!), apple, 2 1/2 T peanut butter, cup of coffee with 1% milk and sweet-n-low

I kept track on FitDay today and it looked like this: 2039 cals broken down into: 77g fat/35%, 244 g carbs/49%, and 83 g protein/17%.

Thats everything I ate this weekend!
Hope this helps and answers your questions,
Linda