Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 07:22

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 182/169.5/150 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:39%
Progress: 39%
Default Midsection and intense cardio tapes suggestions PLEASE!!!

Hey everyone. Ive been working on my diet with the Atkins and have finally found a medium where I know what/how to eat so that my body is buring fat but Im still satisfied. Ive been using the ketosis strips and they are a deep red which Im really excited about. Ive been doing aerobics three times a week and the scale hasnt budge in over two months. Ive been reading a few threads and what Ive come to understand is that my body type needs a well rounded balance of cardio and muscle training to see any results. I need to loose this flab!! Everything is heading SOUTH!! Does anyone have any suggestions of tapes to use that target your core area?! My gut and back fat rolls are OUT OF CONTROL!! MY legs and arms are fine but my midsection is headed for the worst. Any suggestions for good tapes out there?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 16:05

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

You can't really target which areas of fat will disappear, so any of the cardio workouts will work for you. You can check this thread for some ideas.

I highly recommend resistance training, either going to a gym, or buying some dumbbells for home. You can check out http://exrx.net for some workout routines.

Also if your ketosis strips are really dark, that's a sign that you may not be getting in enough water. Water dilutes the ketones in the urine which then causes the strip to be a lighter shade.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-28-05, 01:06

Plan: UDS
Stats: 199/190/190 Male 69
BF:12%/11%/6%
Progress: 100%

It's not just about calorie burning. It's a balance of calorie intake as well.

Atkins dieting or not, you have to retire at the end of the day with a calorie deficit if you want to lose the unwanted body fat. The fact that the scale hasn’t budged in over two months is an indicator that you've been at your calorie limit.

One thing to your credit, you've identified a sustainable diet (a point where you can be 'satisfied'), now all you have to do is burn the extra calories that you don't need. Do this and positive results should be just around the corner.