Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-05, 04:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/245/155 Female 66
BF:
Progress: -7%

OMG, wait, did I just invite a group of LCers to chocolate capital, USA? That wasn't intended as a joke or anything. I go there then because of the light show and there is less people to fight with for rides...
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-05, 06:05

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 286/207/115 Female 5' 0"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Becky,

I would love to get a local group together! I think it's a great idea! Sign me up!

Becky, speaking of "face-to-face", I just noticed that you had a gallery and went to check it out (don't know why I hadn't noticed it before)... you are beautiful, girl! You should use your photo as your Avatar!!!

NKA, Hershey Park sounds fun, although tempting, but I don't think that I could make it Halloween. We don't have kids so we really enjoy the trick-or-treaters at Halloween... and they love coming to our house because we give TONS of candy, mostly chocolate. I don't know if I could ask my husband to miss this or if I would want to, myself. Besides, Becky has kids and she will want to do the trick-or-treat thing with them.

If it turns out to be only the three of us, maybe we could have a party/dinner at my house with our husbands/boyfriends... I am sort of centrally located between the two of you. However, if others want to join us, we will probably want to select a spot that is sort of centrally located for all.

Oh, I'm excited!

Hilary,

Hmmmm... I'll ask Russ if he has ever had hamloaf and I'll have to try it if I ever run across it... sounds interesting... I like ham... I like loaf...

Then you are very close to Colombiana! You met online... so did my husband and I... back in 1994... that is why I am in PA instead of AL. As crazy as it is to look back on... it's not as crazy as everyone thought we were at the time! But, it worked out great (probably better than if we had met face to face first... we became best friends before there was ever any physical contact) and there isn't a person I know that would argue with that!

Have a great day, everyone!

Phyllis
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-05, 06:25

Plan: atkins/warrior
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

hershey park is ALWAYS a good place to start , but, you're right, my 5 year old would kill me if I said I wasn't taking her around on halloween. I guess we'll have to see who's coming so nobody has to drive too far. I don't mind making the haul, i think it'd be nice to hang out with you guys. I don't know if I could get DH to join us though. he's kind of in his own world, and well...its kind of hard to explain. but i think i'll leave him with the kids
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 06:37

Stats: 239/245/155 Female 66
BF:
Progress: -7%

I don't know if I would want mine to come but anyway, they have that thing all October, I think... I'm pretty much up for anything, though
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 06:55

BF:

I'm up for anything too. THis will be great!
  #81   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-05, 11:52
Registered Member

Plan: not sure
Stats: -/-/- Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

HI all! I live in Cochranville...it's smack between Harrisburg and Philly. Only 15 minutes from GAP.

Kim
  #82   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-05, 12:24

BF:

Hi there kim! its nice to have so more penna. buddies!
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Jun-20-05, 07:06

BF:

Hi Kim... welcome! This is probably a very stupid question, sorry, but what is GAP?

Our new heat pump was installed on Friday... and... of course, we haven't had to use it since.. it figures. When we woke up Friday morning and realized that it was going to be so cool, Russ said, "Well I guess we should call and cancel the heat pump because now we don't need it." My response, "Over YOUR dead body!!!"

Saturday was beautiful. We spent most of the day shopping for, purchasing, and planting annuals for the planters on our porch and a couple of plants for our new fountain. Yesterday was really overcast but we got a lot done in the yard... almost killed ourselves.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Phyllis
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-05, 21:53

Stats: 194/131/135 Female 63 inches
BF:Too/Much/Fluff!
Progress: 107%

Hi everybody! I just happened to be poking around in this forum area and noticed there was a Penna. thread. I'm in the Harrisburg area- near Carlisle!
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 06:42

BF:

Hi DDaniels! Have you been getting any of the storms, rain, and flooding the past couple of days? Our reports have been telling us that we were going to get heavy rain and thunder storms all this week (Monday through Sunday) but so far... not much of anything in my area. I'm not complaining... just wondering if we are getting lucky and it is hitting all around us.

Have a great one!

Phyllis
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 10:12

We've seen flashes of lightening off in the distance, but no storms here. Our lawn is pretty brown! We're leaving for vacation on Saturday to go up to Montreal and Quebec, so I don't mind is it rains bucketfuls while we're gone- I just don't want the rain to follow us north!
  #87   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 06:49

BF:

Hope you have a great time on vacation in Montreal and Quebec! And I hope YOU get bucketfuls of rain on your lawn while you are gone. I wouldn't mind the rain so much because the lawns in our area have been brown as well (we have been watering our lawn so it has been looking better than our neighbors). Although, the little bit of rain that we have gotten in the past couple of weeks has "greened" everything again. However, I dread the thunderstorms because our dog is terrified of them. (I was thankful that my family in Alabama "dodged" the hurricane "bullet"... their area still hasn't recovered and rebuilt from the last one.)

Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Phyllis
  #88   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 07:18

Thanks Phyllis!
  #89   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 07:45

BF:

Oh, by the way... just wanted to tell you that I love your avatar... everytime I see your little grinning kitty in a post... it makes me smile! The first time I saw it I was already having a bad morning and when I saw that cute little kitten I broke into a huge smile and it really lifted my mood. Wierd, I know, but it's true. I came so close to posting in your journal to tell you... but... I didn't.

Again, have a great vacation!

Phyllis
  #90   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-05, 07:12

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Everyone is going on vacation from PA and I'm thinking of going
TO PA for vacation. I'm looking at B&B websites... anyone have good suggestions?