Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sun, Apr-30-06, 02:05
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein!!
Stats: -/-/- Female 162 cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 1600%

Santabarb - Thanks for the encouragement.
I guess all this weight gain, so fast, has scared the living daylights out of me. And I feel like running back to what worked before, even though it meant wrecking my health...
In addition my parents want me to go on WW because they are worried about the weight gain too. My Dr. wants me to lose weight because the blood tests show that the one thing wrong with me is my liver is a little inflamed or something, which he says is because of the extra weight. I have got stretch marks all over my legs, arms, breasts, hips... It is so depressing.

I want to be healthy, but that includes not being overweight. I know, be healthy to lose wight. I feel so trapped in this weight I panic. I tried Atkins once, and gained weight. So I figured low carb diets didn't work for me.

Here's what I'm going to do.
I'm going to go back to Schwarzbein for the next three months. I'll stay here, needing every bit of support I can ask for. And if at the end of the three months I'll evaluate what to do next. I'll keep the CORE info just in case.

Thanks all for caring
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sun, Apr-30-06, 15:07
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 198/183.5/165 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 44%

But isn't the Core really low on fats? I thought I remembered hearing (in a meeting) that you were only allowed 2 T (may have even been teaspoons) of fat a day (mostly olive oil). I know you could use some of your pts towards fats, but honestly, I would probably use most of my fats for the week in ONE meal! LOL

I also heard from one woman that she got gallstones (or was it kidney stones??) from not eating enough fat on WW.
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Apr-30-06, 15:14
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 198/183.5/165 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 44%

Elizea--
Why don't you and I try to do a little Schwarzbein experiment together since we both seem to be having the same problem?? I was thinking of doing 1 week of induction (like Atkins) where I eat very low carbs (all from veggies) and then slowly adding some back in to get more like TSP. There has to be a reason that Atkins and South Beach do an induction phase and maybe that's what we both need to jumpstart our bodies into burning fat. And when we start adding some carbs in, try just adding 15 grams at one meal for a week or so and then maybe anther 15 at anther meal. But I really think I am not going to eat carbs (besides what I get from veggies) at dinner anymore. It makes sense to me that it would be hard for our bodies to burn them off if we are eating them and then going to bed. I know that most fitness gurus tell their Hollywood clients to not eat carbs after 3pm for that very reason. Plus, as I said earlier, it is much easier for me to not eat carbs with dinner than with breakfast or lunch!
Also, when we add back the carbs, they should be either non-wheat or only sprouted grain products (like Eczekiel bread). I also might try to limit the creams and cheeses a bit (I would love to try giving them up, but I just don't know if I could do without my cheese!).
Wanna give it a try with me starting tomorrow?
  #64   ^
Old Tue, May-02-06, 14:20

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 198/179/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'd pick Schwarzbein over Core any day because of the good fats it allows--they are otherwise not so different, but take away the fats and you get health problems like the gallstones mentioned ( low-fat dieting friend just lost hers last week to surgery), plus you feel hungry.

I had to increase the chicken and ribeye steaks and banish the wheat, grains. Wheat and grains are connected to liver inflammation, not to mention allergies, heart problems, etc.

Energy is excellent, nails are the longest and strongest they've ever been, new hair is healthy looking, skin tone is good. It's got to be due to upping the fats,eating plenty of meat, lowering grains and high glycemic carbs.
  #65   ^
Old Fri, May-12-06, 00:58

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 198/179/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

How are you Schwarzbeiners doing? Staying organic? Anyone losing any weight?
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Jul-11-06, 11:52
Registered Member

Plan: CALP, now Schwarzbein
Stats: 203/143/143 Female 160 cm
BF:56%/22%/22%
Progress: 100%
Default gaining muscle!

Hi everybody!
I have this very cool Tanita body composition
monitor (Tanita Inner Scan) and on 02/07/06 I had the following results:

weight: 65.2 kg
bodywater: 55%
bodyfat: 20.5%
muscle mass: 51.6 kg
bone mass: 2.7 kg

Last Saturday it said:
weight: 66.8 kg
bodywater: 55%
bodyfat: 20.5%
muscle mass: 53.1 kg
bone mass: 2.8 kg

So you see, the increase in weight is only muscle and bones, way cool,
eh? It seems it happens just like Schwarzbein says, now that I'm eating more carbs (I ate too little before on CALP), the protein and fat is mainly used for regeneration and rebuilding.

I'm very scale phobic and alwas freak out when I see it go up, but this positive result is encouraging and I try to stay cool about the increased number. It is not easy as I'm hooked on numbers but I'm getting over it I
hope. I just wish I could ignore the scale, but it gives me some kind of security knowing where I stand. I've fought so hard to get the weight off, I don't want to regain it all. But if it is mainly muscle, I can live with that, the guys at my gym are getting envious already, LOL.
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Jul-18-06, 23:52
Organic Lifestyle

Plan: SBP (Organic & Balanced)
Stats: 165/135/130 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 86%

I still eat organic. I even found a local service that delivers boxes of organic fruits and veggies to my door from local farmers once a week. I love it. And I'm still holding my weight. I'm not trying to lose anymore. Did that