Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 08:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

ummm -- I think the above response is based on an incorrect interpretation of what was said -- the product that was defective after 2 months was a compact flash card, which ought to work for years....

Although I disagree with hoodiauser's disgruntlement with Desert Burn, I don't think we ought to misread what is said -- and actually I think we ought to drop this entire thread -- some people like a product while others hate it. I find Desert Burn very effective but I certainly don't guarantee that it will be for the next person....

I'm out of this discussion...
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-05, 04:39

Plan: low carb
Stats: -/-/- Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress:

There seems to be a gaps from one message to the another. The last message from BKM doesn't make sense either.
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-05, 14:50

Plan: none
Stats: 162/129/130 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 103%

I had no problem understanding what she wrote.

BSM is Bonnie B from Desert Burns forum, she just posted my comments over there. Only she left out what was really said. I told you all those people were crooks and frauds. Thanks Bonnie for proving it.

She posted bits and pieces of what I really said to discredit me. Too bad it backfired. You cant delete posts here like you do over there. Negative posts about Desert Burn and HG Pills that is.

Here is her post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie b
I have always contended that many people that "trash" DB are one of the 1-2% that it has no effect on or have no real basis for negative comments. I have an example of just one incident/person that I found somewhere else on a forum. The quotes are from the same member on different days. This person without provocation decided to trash DB.

Quote:
Unfortunately I got sucked into the Desert Burn scam recently and purchased 3 bottles. It is total SAWDUST. Using 4500 ml of it a day (as suggested) had totally no effect on me and I know Hoodia works for me. REAL Hoodia that is. If they ever sold a real product, it was just to get established. Now they sell sawdust.

Quote:
Desert Burn which is the product HGPills also peddles is pure junk. Sawdust! I have several bottles gathering dust.

Quote:
I bought real hoodia from GNC. I opened a capsule and put the powder in a glass of water and the powder was dark clumps that would not dissolve. Also had a strong smell.

I did the same with Desert Burn and it was a light powder that dissolved easily. No smell.

Proof positive enough for me. Desert Burn is sawdust.

Quote:
Disgruntled? Well if that's what you want to call being "ripped off" then go ahead.

Quote:
Tell that to the lab that found little or no Hoodia Gordinii in the capsules.

The only people I've seen praising it are the ones "running to the bank" with innocent people's money.

Quote:
I'm interested in being a distributor because I've had such great success and all my coworkers as well that I've been sending over to my vitamin shop. They sent me alot of info on their products.

Also, I've noticed that "other" company raising the price of their hoodia due to the so called shortage and droughts in Africa but the prices are consistant with MaritzMayer Labs.

I am going to start selling it and I've already bought a domain name and am in the process of publishing the website.

Quote:
....it quit working after about 2 months and they wouldnt replace it so I dont do business with that site anymore

So, ......here was my response:

Quote:
Ahhh ... HoodiaUser! Finally the real story behind the Desert Burn complaints and rants!!! You could not get a refund after 30 days (as standard good business practices offer) and you decided to lash out to the world all that negative vitriol.

You admit that it worked for you for 60 days....admitting that it wasn't sawdust the first 60 days....find another product to sell on line (Hoodiaplex) and then trash DB.

You don't do business with that site because you are selling another - competitive brand - yourself.

THANK YOU BONNIE FOR PROVING DESERT BURN, HG PILLS AND THEIR REPRESENTATIVES ARE FRAUDS AND DISONEST.

I thought that was a pretty good forum at one time until I saw so many posts getting deleted by people that posted how your product didnt work.

Also I read it long enough to know you are involved and also selling for HG Pills and Desert Burn so dont try to deny that either.

You may be BSB here but you are Bonnie B there. At least you got the BS part right Shame shame Bonnie B.

Last edited by HoodiaUser : Tue, Aug-09-05 at 17:09.
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-05, 14:55

Plan: none
Stats: 162/129/130 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 103%

By the way, I know you read the part about it being a chip and you left that out on purpose. So much for your credibility

And hardware parts have a 90 day policy just for the record.

Nor did I ever try to sell you anything. And I dont "sell" anything in fact. I am an tech at a major corporation. If I do decide to sell something, I will represent a reputable company.

This is an open forum and I responded to someone elses post that posted a link discrediting Desert Burn. You started attacking me for that.

I dont doubt Desert burn has some Hoodia Gordonii in it. Just not 100% Pure like you all claim. Or else it wouldnt take 4500mg per day and give it a month at least to kick in, It's more like one of the 20 to 1 products we are warned to stay away from. I personally dont like putting something into my body that I don't know what it is.

I took real Hoodia and I had to force myself to eat the second day. End of story.

Last edited by HoodiaUser : Tue, Aug-09-05 at 17:13.
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-05, 05:19

Plan: low carb
Stats: -/-/- Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress:

HoodiaUser,

There is a BSM and a BSB on this site that have been responding to you mostly here. You seem to have some confusion about who is who.

Why would people care what is on another site? Why is that important to what is being said on this site. This is where you are posting. This is where I am posting a reply. Who are you addressing so I am clear?

That is interesting that you took a quote from another site, cut and pasted it here and then commented. If anyone cared about reviewing who wrote what, they can clearly see that the quotes are from your posts.

In order to discredit someone you must first start with a reputation. I have only noticed a couple of members responding to you here. Who are you trying to reach and for what purpose?

Have you seen me selling Desert Burn on this site? No. Have I promoted a site for selling Desert Burn here? No. No such thing exists, either.

I see that you started a job as a tech at a major corporation as you stated above. Good. You told us before that you quit working and have been establishing a website to sell a brand of hoodia with perhaps other products. You said it will be a reputable company that you represent. Who would that reputable company be and how can you know that? What standards are you using to determine that?

I see no real purpose in continuing with this as it really isn't accomplishing much of anything other than perhaps a forum for attacking and insults. When I ask you a question all I get in return are accusations and insults from you. Telling me or us here that Desert Burn is a rip off company and does not work is your opinion which you are entitled to express. Ok. We all know now that you are not happy with the company. So....what proof can you offer about a "reputable" company with facts to back up the claims of pure hoodia in it?

It's a simple request. Have you clinical study reports? Have you clinical analysis on the product that you are standing behind? How are you comparing different products such as Desert Burn to the one you are standing behind?

There is no reason to insult and become caustic about product comparison. You prefer one product and I prefer another. So...??? There is no competition about which is the best needed here! People are posting that they tried a product and it either worked or didn't work for them. There is no need to accuse and insult others on this website. What's the purpose for that?

Mahatma Ghandi once said, "Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it stands than to anything on which it is poured."
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Aug-14-05, 11:49
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Messages in this thread have been deleted for violation of the forum rules. Please refresh your memory and have a look at them. While we welcome constructive debate, we will not tolerate name calling. Further violations will result in suspension of your posting privileges.
  #67   ^
Old Sun, Aug-14-05, 12:43
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/145/140 Female 64
BF:too scared
Progress: 80%

THANK YOU KRISTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they just need to agree to disagree for heavens sake.
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 12:49
Registered Member

Plan: zone,PP
Stats: 189/162/159 Male 5"9'
BF:30%/20%/14%
Progress: 90%

This seems to be one of the hardest products to find legitmate sources of. Check out this link http://www.cellhealthmakeover.com/h...are-hoodia.html
I will try it if I can find a good relativly inexpensive source.
Rick
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-06, 18:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 211/148/122 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 71%

I found some at GNC and have been taking it this week and I really like it. It definitely suppresses my appetite with no jittery feeling at all. I am taking 3 a day, 1 before each meal. I cant say what would work for others but it has definitely worked for me.
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-06, 20:34

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

I just received my first bottle of Hoodia. I didn't realize it has been around as long as it has. I will start taking it tomorrow. I can't remember the site right off hand, it is on my other computer. I know it had a certificate saying the product was 100% pure and it is 1000mg. I am only suppose to take 1, 3 times a day. I will let you know how it works for me.
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-06, 21:48
Registered Member

Plan: common sense
Stats: 168/161/140 Male 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

Got some a while ago. Didn't suppress my appetite at all, if anything it was the opposite. Strange how it works differently on different people? £20 down the drain. Grr.
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-06, 17:17

Plan: zone
Stats: 226/226/175 Female 5'10.5"
BF:
Progress:
Default New to this formum

Hi, I am new to this forum and I have been reading all these threads about relacore and trimspa and am trying to figure out which one to get on. I have a question, I have seen OoO mentioned quite a bit, can someone tell me what that is?

Thanks

Rochelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKM
Reduced appetite -- nothing more -- not even the increased energy that some report.

And I'm down to 142 pounds!!!!!!

Just a comment -- sometimes on the board there are threads about people outside the low-carb community making disparaging remarks about our WOE, etc. -- and of course, we all jump in and say "it's none of their business..." -- but when it comes to taking hoodia (or relacore or OoO or whatever) these same people jump in and tell us we shouldn't ..... Don't understand why it bothers some that we've looked outside of simply low-carbing (hey, for me it wasn't working completely, I was actually gaining weight) -- I for one am not pushing the hoodia on anyone, simply reporting my success with it. I do read anything posted (such as a link about studies), but ....

Just felt like venting -- enough said!
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-06, 17:28

Plan: Self-Made LC
Stats: 255/129/150 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochelle16
I have a question, I have seen OoO mentioned quite a bit, can someone tell me what that is?

Hi Rochelle, welcome to the forum

OoO = Oil of Oregano

You can read all about it here:http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=167955

Nikki
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-07, 00:56

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Here is some info I found....basically states that it only works in its natural form and that only one company has been licensed to make it...

http://www.foodprocessing.com/articles/2006/024.html However, naturalhealthhoodia.com has a free trial so I might try it...

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Mon, Apr-23-07 at 01:04.