Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
250 - 135
Posted by Rtransform
Posted Sat, Jun-02-12
Female 5'7
Plan: atkins hybrid
Stats: 250/135/135
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default 250 - 135

Hello all,
Below is a short interview that I did for our local paper on our weight loss journey. My core belief is that if one person is inspired by our journey to lose weight or changing their lifestyle then it is truly a blessing. To be honest, at first my husband and I were just going to keep our success quiet, but after walking around and noticing similar overweight/obese people like we were suffering like we were. We decided to pay it forward, to try to encourage and inspire people with our journey with the theme of "If we can do it, you can do it!"

The short interview is below

Weight-loss method: Primarily prayer and determination – supplemented with a sound diet, weight training, yoga and cardio. For supplements, I take omegas, multi vitamins and Ultimate ThermoFit by It Works! . For losing inches around my waist and detoxing, I found the Ultimate Body Applicator by It Works! helped me as well.

How long you’ve kept it off: 2 years as of May, 2012. My starting weight in May of 2009 was 250 lbs. and by May of 2010, I weighed in at 137 lbs. Currently, I weigh 135 lbs.

Turning point: It was time to get it right. I didn’t feel attractive and I was going up in clothing sizes. My husband was trying to diet, however I didn’t cook healthy meals so his efforts failed. I used to lie on the beach or on a pool chair and never get up because I was self-conscious of my weight. My husband and I had a deep conversation and it started with one question – “Are you happy with yourself?” Both of us answered “no”. We prayed about it and our journey began.

Diet plan: Our diet centered around lean proteins, vegetables and “good” fats (almonds/natural PB) We cut out sugars. We ate smaller portion meals throughout the day, as opposed to the standard “BREAKfast, lunch and dinner” meal plan.

Exercise routine: Weight training: 2-4 days a week, Bikram Yoga: 2 days a week, Cardio: 2-5 days a week

Secret to success: Prayer 1st , then consistency and momentum – as they pertain to our diet and workout activity

How life has changed: So much for the better. I love being able to go into any store and find clothes that fit. My husband and I have grown closer because we did it together and we are setting a great example for our daughter, friends and family members, encouraging them to take care of their health.

Additional photos as well as my husband's transformation story is on my website(click on profile)
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Article Attachments
Attached Images
File Type: jpg r12.jpg (58.2 KB, 58 views)

4 comments [read all comments]

Article tools