Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-17, 08:52

Plan: atkins/LC
Stats: 275/198/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default The lure - after all this time too...

So I have been doing really well - down 60 lbs, slow but sure, since last Jan 1. I've been good - when I waver on plan, it's with savory, not the scary sweets. But man, I have been struggling lately with some very bad sweet carby thoughts. I had hoped to be past this, but I guess addictions always stay with your head. I keep telling myself over and over - I can't say "just this once", because then that spirals into me saying it again, and then again.
I refuse to give in. I guess the whole year of low carb eating has given me the fortitude to stand up to these thoughts and not allow them to become a reality. Sugar is an addiction for me. I must avoid it. Maybe its the dreary rain, cold and no sun..... Whatever it is - reading journals and success stories on this forum help me stay strong.
Thank you, LC community!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-17, 09:34

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Thanks for sharing Tracy. I've been fortunate so far around anything I'd consider craving or mad desire for carbs. In the realm of "addiction" there are people that are addicted to substances and there are also those that are heavy users. Both could wind up in an XA meeting across the table from one another by different circumstances. At the end of the day the later may be able to understand the problem with "over use" or "abuse" and be able to modify their behavior and chose to continue to use or to abstain. The former, generally, if behaviour is not modified and use continues, will continue to suffer both mentally and physically if the substance is used at all.

I'm not sure which of these I am but I am grateful that my desire to use/abuse carbohydrates is not something that my mind latches on to. Why that is so and how it works, I do not know but I do have empathy for those that do as I became addicted to another substance and am recovering from that.

Take Care Tracy!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-17, 09:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/230/185 Male 5'9
BF:
Progress: 65%

Hi Tracy. You have done great over the past year dropping 60 pounds!! It is weird how our food addictions can rear their ugly heads when we least expect it. Have you went back and examined what was going on when these cravings returned? Did you add or change anything with what you normally eat? There may be a trigger in there you have overlooked. Whatever may be the cause stay strong and OP. It will pass as you continue your successful journey into this woe and wol.

Best of luck.

Chris
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-17, 12:25

Plan: atkins/LC
Stats: 275/198/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 59%

TX Chris - I've been trying to think of what triggered this thought process. I think part of it was a rice krispie/smore roll video on FB - those are two bad triggers of mine. Plus there is a lot of construction on many of my routes to work, so I'm driving 2 hrs each way right now. And 3rd, I just started a new job, so there's some nerves/stress there too, although I don't THINK there's too much of that. I'm thinking it was a perfect storm of bad images/thoughts/stresses. So far sticking to plan, so I am very happy about that!!!
Thanks to you and Thud123!!!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-17, 11:41

Plan: LowCarb/Carnivo/Intermit
Stats: 365/279.8/190 Male 6 foot
BF:
Progress: 49%

Bring pork rinds in car. Unfollow food friends. I have been doing that. Preaching at me too. Bags of project rinds but only small amount of nuts...to help because this is mindless eating time.