Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Mar-03-07, 12:58
Beautiful Disaster

Plan: tbl/common sense
Stats: 380/341/299 Female 6'0"
BF:so i've been told
Progress: 48%

Miz, she actually doesn't have red hair, it's only when the flash goes off on the camera. Dan & I both have plain dark brown hair. She was born with pitch black hair and dark charcoal gray eyes. Now she's got brown hair with blonde roots, and bright blue eyes

I had hair like hers at birth, and by 2 years old I was a blondie until I was 10 or so, so it looks like she'll be the same way

With the food lies, I still sometimes kind of wonder if I'm not doing things the wrong way. Sometimes I'll see a new diet I havent' heard of, or I'll read about something, and I'll wonder if being LC isn't the wrong choice, because it's a life-long way of eating. Then I have to realize, I tried all those high carb/low cal diets and I got this way. I would eat under 1200 calories at 380lbs, and still not lose weight.

I know that with my little girl, she may very well have a problem with her weight like I have, but that I will be there to help her combat it when she's young if she does, by not feeding her "lite" cookies, and stuff like that. I also will not let my daughter have a stigma about her weight, so I won't keep her going to a doctor who is going to give her one.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Mar-03-07, 14:44

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
With the food lies, I still sometimes kind of wonder if I'm not doing things the wrong way. Sometimes I'll see a new diet I havent' heard of, or I'll read about something, and I'll wonder if being LC isn't the wrong choice, because it's a life-long way of eating. Then I have to realize, I tried all those high carb/low cal diets and I got this way. I would eat under 1200 calories at 380lbs, and still not lose weight.

There's the weight loss you've already experienced - which is absolutely wonderful, BTW! - But another thing that should tell you that you're on the right track is how you feel on LC as compared to low fat.

Personally, I had no energy on anything other than LC. I always felt sluggish, tired, lethargic, listless, and worst of all, inappropriately sleepy. I could handle the lack of energy - I attributed it to all the weight I was dragging around, and the lack of physical conditioning. But that didn't explain the constant desire to lie down and take a nap, when I'd already slept all night.

Shortly after I started back on LC though, not only did my energy and stamina improve, I can actually get through days without the sleepiness (from those blood sugar crashes) hitting me constantly throughout the day.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Mar-03-07, 17:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 278/259/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 18%

hi muse im new to the TDC I also have PCOS and congrats on having the baby without fertiliy meds!!My first week doing low carb i had my AF without meds (yeah for me)This WOE is great for PCOS