Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-28-08, 08:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240.2/227.4/164 Female 69 inches
BF:mini goal 225
Progress: 17%
Default Question

I just got back to the straight and narrow a week ago. I lost 10 lbs very quickly (2 days) but then I started exercising 1 hour- 1 1/2 hours a day and now have gained it all back. I didn't change anything else? Last time I did this I didn't exercise and lost a massive amount of weight, then used exercise to tone up. Does exercising make you gain that much weight? ( I know muscle weighs more than fat, but 10 lbs!??)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-28-08, 08:48

Plan: LC
Stats: 248.4/245.4/170 Female 5' 6 "
BF:
Progress: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlosingit
I just got back to the straight and narrow a week ago. I lost 10 lbs very quickly (2 days) but then I started exercising 1 hour- 1 1/2 hours a day and now have gained it all back. I didn't change anything else? Last time I did this I didn't exercise and lost a massive amount of weight, then used exercise to tone up. Does exercising make you gain that much weight? ( I know muscle weighs more than fat, but 10 lbs!??)

Sorry, not attempting to answer your question because although I know that muscle weighs more than fat, does it happen that quickly? I just started exercising and strength training and want to know about this also.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-28-08, 09:09

Plan: No processed foods
Stats: 247.6/232.8/150 Female 5'5"
BF:yes
Progress: 15%

Do you have a couple days worth of sample menus to share? Sometimes that helps!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-28-08, 09:18

Stats: 174/134/125 Female 5'6 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

i am no expert but I have heard in more than one place when you first start to excercise that stressed muscles hold onto an aweful lot of water. Dr. Atkins has always said that excercise is non negotiable. I would keep it up and the weight loss will eventually return and speed up. The long term health benifits totally outweigh any initial slowing of weightloss in my honest opinion.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-28-08, 09:21

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I gain weight when I exercise - some of it is your body retaining water in order to repair muscles. In my case, some of it was my body just hanging on to what it could keep, as well. I lost 60 pounds before ever trying to exercise, because I know that it completely stalls me out. You may be working up an appetite and eating more as well. I actually quit my intensive half marathon training routine a couple of weeks ago to concentrate on losing weight and I've lost nearly 10 pounds. You could see if it starts coming off again or you could accept this reality and decide that exercise is more important or you could decide to exercise once you've gotten closer to goal. I've never been able to do both - it's a total myth that exercising will just drop the pounds.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-28-08, 09:33

Stats: 240.2/227.4/164 Female 69 inches
BF:mini goal 225
Progress: 17%

Breakfast: Oopsie with sausauge or sausage and bacon
Lunch: salad or oopsie with chicken salad, or turkey breast and cheese
Dinner: homemade meatballs with lc sauce or hamburger with cheese (no bun) or broccoli and cheese w/ chicken breast or taco salad

Different things, can't remember them all.

I only use one oopsie. Use no more than 2 a day. And mine are the size of a muffin top pan.

Drinking anywhere from 96-144 oz water from getting up to going to bed.

Exercise is about 45 mins-1 hour with Wii Fit
About 30-1 hour minutes with exercise bike and treadmill.
( Don't do both on the same day, usually)