Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-12, 14:46

Plan: The Diet Cure
Stats: 155/105/100 Female 156 centimeters
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default Ex-vegan and Londoner here...

Hello everyone,

I used to be vegan (much to the dismay of my parents!). I now eat fish (my parents are ecstatic about that) but I still won't eat meat. Something tells me that I'm going to get fed up with fish and eggs though? Hopefully not, maybe I'll discover lots of low-carb recipes to keep things interesting.

I have much much more energy since eating fish again and have decided to follow the CAD diet again (my favourite diet from ages ago). I combine it with Six Weeks to OMG but I'm still midway through reading that one. Only started on Sunday and am feeling great already.

Thanks for reading my introduction.

Maria
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-12, 23:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 447/190/230 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 118%

Welcome...........
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-12, 09:27

Plan: paleo-ish
Stats: 140/124/110 Female 5 foot 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi Maria, I am also ex-vegan and feel so much better for it! I'm also new here, just joined today. What is the CAD plan? I've just finished Six Weeks and have incorporated the cold baths and black coffee into my routine. Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-12, 02:06

Plan: The Diet Cure
Stats: 155/105/100 Female 156 centimeters
BF:
Progress: 91%

slmrickman, thank you

cherob, CAD is the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. It advocates 3 meals per day, 2 of which being low-carb and one being a healthy balanced meal. I have the carby meal with fruit and a small dessert.
It's nice to hear from other ex-vegans, I'm glad you have more energy because I've definitely found that too. Am not anti-vegan and I still enjoy lots of vegan products but I just think being strictly vegan is not for everyone.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-12, 12:04

Plan: Ketogenic + IF
Stats: 240/194/175 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Welcome! Glad to see that you've incorporated some animal back into your diet, much healthier for you!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-12, 20:36

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 213/167/165 Male 65 in.
BF:35%/23%/20%
Progress: 96%

I remember when I had my first meal of salmon after 9 months on a vegetarian diet. The feeling of relief in my body was like powerful.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-12, 21:17

Plan: New Atkins
Stats: 213/171.6/150 Male 70 (inches)
BF:31%/24%/22%
Progress: 66%

Another ex-vegan here. I too started with fish when I gave that up, and am now comfortable with chicken. It's the most like fish, and I recommend giving a little of it a try (start with breast meat).

I'm starting to get on with pork, too, but still don't care for beef. Not to worry, though, as there are a thousand and one recipes on the web for any of them.

Oh yeah...don't forget shrimp and other non-fish seafood. They taste great and go with anything...curries, Mexican, Chinese, Thai, etc.

Welcome!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-12, 07:27
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

Welcome. Just wanted to ask if your goal weight is in lbs, because if so it is seriously underweight.

Low carb is great for health, and will often help in building muscle mass which makes for a more toned figure, at a higher weight.

Lee