Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-16, 18:49

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%
Default Fasting Buddies?

Anyone do intermittent fasting and want to start a buddy challenge?...I am on adipex which controls my appetite and therfore I fast until dinner each day....Anyone else fast and want to be a buddy? Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-30-16, 04:03
Bookworm

Plan: LC SCD 18/6
Stats: 178/154/133 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi there

Sure, i'll join you, since May my weight has crept up from 144lb to 160lb and I need to regain control.

I like the LC IF woe, was doing Fast5 but found I needed a six hour window instead of 5 hours - had awful problems with it upsetting my stomach if sticking to the 5 hour window - I think this was because by then I was hungry and would just tuck into a big meal (I have ulcerative colitis so have a very sensitive tummy anyway!). After much experimentation I know now to break my fast very gently with just a little something then over the 6 hours eat a couple of smaller LC meals. I try to keep my net carbs below 50g a day as this also helps my tum (and helps me to stay med free).

Also trying to survive the menopause here too

Last edited by FairyWren : Tue, Aug-30-16 at 13:18.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-30-16, 11:30

I would love to be your fasting buddy,,,,

I have much more to lose than you, but would love the support

I don't fast every single day ( like today I had lunch) but I do at least 5 out of 7 days...I am on meds for thyroid issues and they also help me have no appetite...

Nice to meet you and have a happy day
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-16, 03:05
Bookworm

BF:

Looking forward to getting to know you ljsmom

On the days that you just eat the one meal is it quite a big meal with dessert? Do you find that your meds suppress your appetite so that you can only eat a small meal?

I think half my problem at the moment is that the summer is very busy for me as I work for myself and my main business is done during our very short tourist season - this means all day spent at home. I sound like i'm making excuses don't I? lol!

Yesterday my FitBit only recorded 1461 steps - I must do better. It was the first time for ages that i've worn it, i'd lost the charger for it - the charger is tiny but I eventually found it lurking at the bottom of a bag.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-16, 08:58

My days with just the 1 meal depends on my hunger really...Some days I might just eat some popcorn for dinner and others might be 3/4 pd burger.....

Since I did have some lunch yesterday my dinner was fairly light...my entire day was 1 hot dog, few cubes watermelon, some salami with cream cheese, 2 pickles and some popcorn...That is a lot for me...I am not at all hungry today so I know that was a big day for me....

I don't eat dessert at all really..I will eat sugar free candy if I need something like dessert....

My med does suppress my appetite...that is what I am taking it for and to also help my metabolism, as it is pretty dead

I know for sure, if I was home I would be eating much more...I have 3 jobs and work pretty much 7 days a week, so I think that keeps my eating and snacking at a minimum....

I need to get a fit bit..I don't have one but know friends who simply love it....I think any kind of walking we get in will help us later

What does your day of eating look like usually?...

Do you drink much water? That is a major downfall of mine and I am really trying to work on that

Have a wonderful day and take care
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-16, 14:05
Bookworm

BF:

Wow, three jobs and seven days a week - you sound like superwoman! And here was me complaining because I work 60 hours a week for three months of the year, dropping to around 20 a week the rest of the year - I don't think i'll ever complain again

Water. Well... i'm not that keen on drinking water but know that I should. I really can't be doing with still or tap water but i'm OK with carbonated water, nice and chilled - trouble is here (I live on an island) the local store doesn't always have it so if I see it I bulk buy. I'm on a quest to try and drink at least a litre to a litre and a half of water a day. I usually have a couple of coffees a day (1 black, no sugar and 1 during the afternoon as a bulletrproof coffee) and I quite like a peppermint tea now and again. I never drink diet drinks they have stuff in i'm not allowed...

I love my FitBit, i'm on my second one which I just got this year, my original one from 4 years ago got so that it wouldn't hold the charge in the battery. It's also good because I have the app on my phone and my daughter also has one so we tend to be a bit competitive

Hope your day is good - and don't work too hard!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-16, 18:22

What kind of stuff do you eat on a typical day?

I did manage to fast today and my 1 meal was a bowl of this hamburger rotel tomato stuff that i like to make..it is very good and so filling..should hold me over until tom night

hope you had a great night....feel free to visit my journal if you dont wanna be posting in 2 places since no one else joined in

i know some days i ask myself why oh why am i working so much...
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-16, 05:00
Bookworm

BF:

Hi there

Yes, i'll post in your journal from now on - i'd actually been having a lurk around in there anyhow

At the moment my typical day, with a 6 hour eating window of 13:30 to 19:30 goes a bit like this:-

Lunch, around 13:30 - usually omelette / bacon and egg / tuna and cheese / salad with leftover meat / chicken soup

Mid afternoon, bulletproof coffee (using 1 tblsp grass fed butter and 1 tblsp coconut oil)

Dinner around 18:30 - a variety of choices there - homemade pizza with an almond flour base / roasted veg with chicken, bacon and (hard) goats cheese / salad with meat or fish / belly pork with red cabbage, apple and ginger / any kind of meat and roasted veg

I've cut out snacks and honey at the moment - I was addicted to Nakd bars (don't know if you have them in the US I think they might be similar to your Lara bars) and was bit of a peanut or cashew fiend but find them very moreish and was over-indulging - probably OK if I was getting plenty of exercise but I wasn't!

I'm intrigued by your hamburger rotel tomato stuff, I haven't a clue what that is but i'll pop over to your journal and ask you about it...
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-16, 17:34

Plan: keto/paleo with IF 18/6
Stats: 215.0/198.6/175 Female 68
BF:yes
Progress: 41%

I do IF 18/6...does that qualify??
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Oct-18-16, 08:52