Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Apr-03-12, 03:13

Plan: BFC
Stats: 182/161/150 Female 5'4"
BF:dont.wanna.know
Progress: 66%

Bacon Wrapped Burger

Ingredients:
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 small onion, chopped
1 egg
1 tablespoon SF ketchup (or ranch dressing)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 pound ground beef
6 slices bacon

Directions:
1. Preheat a grill for high heat.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, onion, egg,SF ketchup (or ranch), Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Crumble in the ground beef, and mix together by hand. Form into 6 patties, and wrap a slice of bacon around each one. Secure bacon with toothpicks.
3. Place patties on the grill, and cook for 5 minutes per side, or until well done

This sounds good maybe with a side salad?!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Apr-03-12, 03:49

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=440852

Here's a good post! (remember some items are not induction friendly!)
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-12, 07:03

Plan: adkins
Stats: 217/217/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress:

Life without caffeine may very well kill me. I haven't completely committed to the diet yet but I start vacation on Sunday for 9 glorious days and will get a good start then. With the great tips and food ideas I have gotten and with the booklet they sent me, I will have a great start! I have certainly cut back on the sugars and started drinking more water. I also picked up a variety of veggies to nibble on. I love tomatoes and eggs and bacon so omelets and blt's will be a staple for me!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-12, 07:05

Plan: adkins
Stats: 217/217/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress:

Well, blt's on the special no carb flat bread I got! Yum!
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-12, 13:47

FYI~I have NOT cut out my coffee and I'm losing...some people it works...some it doesn't.

And where did you get some no carb flat bread?
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-12, 22:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalee1963
Life without caffeine may very well kill me. I haven't completely committed to the diet yet but I start vacation on Sunday for 9 glorious days and will get a good start then. With the great tips and food ideas I have gotten and with the booklet they sent me, I will have a great start! I have certainly cut back on the sugars and started drinking more water. I also picked up a variety of veggies to nibble on. I love tomatoes and eggs and bacon so omelets and blt's will be a staple for me!

Hey Lalee, having been a smoker and a hard core Timmies fan, I can simpathise, but we switched to tea (all sorts of flavored tea) and am loving it and don't miss the coffee so much, and really enjoy the Jolt now on the rare occasion that I NEED coffee...Just saying..
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-12, 23:32

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

"Life without caffeine may very well kill me."

Hello, just popping around visiting and offering encouragement. I used to think so too, was a hard core caffeine addict and coffee affectionado...still love my coffee but am a decaf girl now. I took a planned weekend and got thru the illness that stopping caffeine brought on, and it really wasn't that bad. I felt much better. I didn't think I could wake up and function without it, but discovered that fruit in the morning woke me up just as well, or oatmeal with nonfat milk. Those things are allowed on my plan, not sure about Atkins - probably not. For what its worth.

And YUM that burger recipe sounds great.
Ta,
Kat
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-12, 23:41

Stats: 263/223/205 Male 75 inches
BF:Going Down!!!
Progress: 69%

Hi All, I've been doing Atkins Induction for about two weeks now. I've been kind of shocked how quickly the pounds come off!!! So far I have had to tighten my belt one notch and soon will be doing it again. I have to admit I miss my coffee and diet sodas though hopefully in another week I can move on to OWL. Look forward to reading all the tips and recipes others have to share.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Apr-05-12, 08:40

Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaimsGuy
Hi All, I've been doing Atkins Induction for about two weeks now. I've been kind of shocked how quickly the pounds come off!!! So far I have had to tighten my belt one notch and soon will be doing it again. I have to admit I miss my coffee and diet sodas though hopefully in another week I can move on to OWL. Look forward to reading all the tips and recipes others have to share.

Well a hearty welcome to you! My DH is also following along and has lost double the lbs I have, everyone was commenting last night on how great he looks!! It seems as though it is faster for men...Good for you, and I find that this site helps to keep me honest and motivated!
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-12, 09:05

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

"I miss my coffee and diet sodas "
What I miss about hi octane coffee is the variety of flavors..they don't make all the flavors or have available the same ones in decaf. I started making mocktails which are good! I can make a mock Kahlua and Cream, just cold decaf, stevia and cream, or a mock Mojito with seltzer water, stevia, fresh mint and lime... they are good and I feel like I'm having a drink
Kat