Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-04, 09:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/260/165 Female 69 inches
BF:47%
Progress:
Default Looking for low carbers in Indiana

Hi looking for low carbers in Indiana.
I am just starting induction again.....

Anyone interested??

Have a great day
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-04, 09:51
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default I'm in FW

Although I don't live in Indiana. I DO work in Fort Wayne. I'd love to have a "neighbor" buddy. I hope your still around.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 22:59

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

Hello from Danville Indiana, west of Indianapolis about 15 miles. Just restarted a week ago, and have lost 6 pounds, so I am pumped! Great to have a Hoosier buddy!!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 17:50

Stats: 159/142/120 Female 5'5"
BF:?%/27%/cur20%18%
Progress: 44%

Hi neighbors!
I am from the northwest area of Indiana, Schererville to be exact. (About 5 miles from the Illinois border) We are considered the "Chicagoland area" of Indiana.

Musicmama, my sister lives in Danville!! She is just starting this WOE and hopefully will be on the board soon! Just saw this thread and hope that you are all doing well!!

Take Care,
Kristen
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 23:46

Wow! Small world!! When she gets on the board, gimme her name so we can communicate! I live on Lincoln Street...
I used to live in Schererville when I was a teenager. Actually, I grew up in St, John, Cedarlake, Dyer, East Chicagoe,Whiting, Calumet City...I was born in Hammond. I lived in a lot of foster homes growing up, but all in that area.
I am doing great on the WOe, been cheatfree for almost two weeks now. I weigh on Mondays. Cant wait to see if Ihave a loss this week, as I have been exercising for 45 minutes three times a week now. I know the inches are coming off.
Church picnic tomorrow, that'll be easy forme cause my mind is made up . I will eat the salad and the protein, and sit and fellowship with some of the folks I dont get to talk to much.
Hope ya all have a great weekend!!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-17-04, 05:38

Stats: 159/142/120 Female 5'5"
BF:?%/27%/cur20%18%
Progress: 44%

musicmama that is really wild!
I forwarded her the thread, I don't know if she has had time to check her email yet but will follow up with her. We actually grew up in St John, but I have lived in Schererville the past 6 years. My sister has lived in Danville over 10years. It is a nice quiet area, but I sure wish she was closer. She has been slowly working her way into the low carb WOL, it is a big change for her as you well know, and I am hoping that she utilizes this board and some others as tools to help support the change (fingers crossed)

I have been on this WOL almost 9 months and can honestly say that I have never felt better. This is after 20+ years of low fat eating (lot of good that did for me) and 15+years of an eating disorder. This was truly a godsend and blessing in my life, that may sound silly but after all my other experiences it is wonderful to be at this point in my life.

I hope things are still going well for you. You should be closing in on your 3rd week I believe.

Please keep me posted on your progress and such, and hopefully we will see my sister here soon as well!!

Much continued success to you!!

Kristen
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-17-04, 08:27

Wow! Small world, eh?? We went back to St. John about ten eyars ago, and it looked pretty much the same. I went to Dyer Central High School, and we went there and it really brought back the memories!
I weighed this morning after a 1 pound gain yesterday, and was down three from then. That makes 8 pounds in three weeks. I wont complain about that. The inches are really coming off, and I feel good. My hubby started this four days ago. He has about 40 pounds to lose. He looks good cause he is tall, but he feels bad and hopes the WOE will help that. He passed up a whole table of goodies at the church picnic (so did I!!) and then we went to a birthday party and we passed up cake and ice cream! We drank our water instead. We are committed, thats for sure.
I didnt feel well yesterday, so skipped the exercise, but am gonna get back to it in a few minutes, Just wanted to check the mail!
Well, you have a great day...see ya lighter!! LOL
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 12:33

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%
Default Anyone still here from Indiana

I just found this site last week. I'm from Mishawaka, north central Indiana. Our house is about 3 miles from the Michigan line. Just wanted to check in and see if anyone is still using this thread???? We have been doing LC since July '04 and I've lost 35.5, hubby has lost 38. I still have over 100 to go, so I'm here for the long haul!!!

#9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-04, 09:03
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

I'm from Northwest Ohio, but actually work in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I was just doing a search to see if there were any other LCers in Fort Wayne and surprise... I'm here...... again.. Anyone still around in Indiana?
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 07:00

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%
Default Hi Kim

Thanks for the post to my journal. We live in Mishawaka, which is north central. Our house sits about 3 miles the Michigan line. I was downed sized last Dec from my job. Hubby and talked it over and deceided that we could make with me staying home. So now I doing all those little things around the house that never get done. We ride motorcycles so were busy all summer. But with winter coming not sure how bored I'll. But its been nice just me and the cat all day. Not sure if anyone else is still using this board? It thought I post here again. If its just us maybe I'll just check in with you from time to time.
Have a good one,
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 23:53

Im still here, albeit starting over after a big fall!! Oh well, at least I am back!!
Hope everyone else is doing welland had a great holiday!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-05, 20:43

Plan: atkins hybrid
Stats: 210/179/150 Female 65 inches
BF:that's the point.
Progress: 52%
Default Howdy Hoosiers!

I'm on the south side of Indianapolis, but my father and his family lived in Danville for quite a while. Love the old houses there. It's a great place to go walking. Did they finish the work in Ellis park yet?
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 07:42

They are always working on Ellis Park!! Especailly since that teenager fell off the big hill last year and died. Now they are renovating that area. You should see it at Christmas though,,they have the Winterfest, its all decorated and beautiful. They do have a new walking trail that is awesome,,,cant wait for warm weather to go.
My hubby works in Indianapolis,,at Keystone and 38th. He is a manager of an auto repair there..Monroe Muffler and Brake, so if you ever need your car fixed...LOL!
Where on the Southside do you live? I used to live in the Fountain Square area about 25 years ago. Its a lot better now than it was then.
How are you doing with the LC lifestyle?? I have done this several times , always works. This time its slower though, due to my age I think, Im 57, and been a yoyo dieter all my life,,that makes a difference too. But its coming off, so I dont complain. Im not in a hurry.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Apr-15-05, 09:55

Plan: Ketogenic/85-90%Carnivore
Stats: 298/206/168 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hi to all you fellow Hoosiers.

I live just 45mins. south of Indy. I have been doing lowcarb for 15 months now. Lost 90lbs so far. I have about 45 more to go. Anyone want to buddy up or plan a centrally located get-together let me know. A while back when I first started, we had a Indiana get-together at a nice sea food place in Indy. About 8 people showed up. We had a really good time.
You can even bring a spouse, friend, etc. some drove about 85 miles to come. I hope we can do this again. If anyone is interested it does take a while to get the word out and plan. Most comunication was online. It was hard to get everyones schedules arranged. We did this on a Saturday and some people had to work.
Anyway hope to hear from any hoosier anytime.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-05, 07:32

Plan: Atkins/Callanetics
Stats: 168/157/110 Female 5'2"
BF:Sz16/sz14/sz6
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy Puff
Hi to all you fellow Hoosiers.

I live just 45mins. south of Indy. I have been doing lowcarb for 15 months now. Lost 90lbs so far. I have about 45 more to go. Anyone want to buddy up or plan a centrally located get-together let me know. A while back when I first started, we had a Indiana get-together at a nice sea food place in Indy. About 8 people showed up. We had a really good time.
You can even bring a spouse, friend, etc. some drove about 85 miles to come. I hope we can do this again. If anyone is interested it does take a while to get the word out and plan. Most comunication was online. It was hard to get everyones schedules arranged. We did this on a Saturday and some people had to work.
Anyway hope to hear from any hoosier anytime.

Hi all! I'm in Southern Indiana on the Kentucky border. New Albany is the city. Maybe we could plan a get together somewhere midway between Indy and Louisville? I'm about 2 hours south of Indy.

Just came back to Atkins on May 29th this year. So far I'm hanging in there, though I seem to have stalled after dropping 13 pounds--but I'm NOT giving up! I know this can work!