Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 07:33
Registered Member

Plan: atkin's
Stats: 120/115/105
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default not much to lose-- should I try PP?

Hi folks--

I'm thinking about switching from Atkin's to PP (looks like a lot of other people are too!). I love LCing-- my hypoglycemia is under control, my skin and hair look great, and I feel fantastic and fulfilled.

Don't worry, I'm not going to ask what the differences between Atkin's and PP are. Here's my question: I haven't got much weight to lose. I'd like to know how other people are doing with PP who started out with only 10, 15, or 20 pounds to get rid of. Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 11:12

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 145/117/127 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 156%
Thumbs up

nesquita - I started PPLP with around 10 to 15 pounds to lose and have done just fine on it - in fact I've lowered my goal weight twice since following the plan (not by leaps and bounds, though ). Even more important for me is that since following this plan, I am obtaining more muscle definition and loss of fat storages than I've ever seen, even though I've exercised for 8 or 9 years and I credit it to this WOE/WOL.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 07:40

Plan: scaresdale and now Protien power
Stats: 160/137/128
BF:
Progress: 72%
Lightbulb

Glad to see this subject. I had 35 lbs to loose and have lost 21.. What i had to do and is what got me into lower carb eating was on scarsdale medical diet.. low carb, lower fat, low calories . Well I am 50 and premenapausal so my matablosem is very slow.. Well then I started reading about lower carb diets when I read how many carbs I was eating a day... 45 to 65 average on the SCarsdale.. So then I bought PP... and I have maintained every since.. but have to confess probably have been eating more like 100 carbs a day.. So I am trying to loose that last 14 lbs. and gonna try to stay around 50 carbs a day again and kind of doing scaresdale again. to get me under control... But PP is a wonderful way to live and eat... I basically gave up sugar, wheat and most starches... Pretty easy to do that.. and really watch portion sizes and I am reading a CHristian book that a friend gave me to metally set me to keep this off.. SO I to am trying to get that last 10-15 off.. So lets keep in touch on here and see what is working.. and I hope this helps...