Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Sun, Mar-11-07, 23:50
Registered Member

Plan: Pure Carnivore
Stats: 130/165/200 Male 5' 11" still growing
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatzrus
I need to thank Weston Price for showing me that all meat is definitely not the way to go.. I know ive posted on this thread alot about how meat is definitely something that promotes proper bone development, but seriously after reading thru all his studies and looking at the pictures, it makes no sense. i keep boring you guys/annoying you with the same statements and the same questions but seriously it doesnt make sense at all. There are the Swiss who only eat meat once a week or less, they also eat whole rye BREAD?!?!? they looked properly developed to me, then there are the Kikuyus who i keep bringing up, they eat no meat, yet BAM look at their structures even more beautiful than the Eskimoes who eat pretty much all meat and fat, yet they dont eat meat. so what im taking away from this is not that meat is the best food, but that WHOLE foods are the key here, whole, natural foods, not refined in anyway. the reason i think this is because the swiss ate whole rye bread but they didn't exhibit the same symptoms as the other tribes who ate whitemans food.

so again i just wanted to thank the people who really taught me stuff and helped me along. i really have no idea where i'll end up, hopefully this cycle will soon end and ican just enjoy life, something i havent really done since i was 12, and im 17 so i should be enjoying things.
i need to give advice to other people who might be unfortunately following in my footsteps, confused about eating and eating lifestyles and utterly lost and confused.
remember, No one knows Anything about Anything!!!!! everything someone says can be contradicted and proven false by the next poster, always remember that, so Never believe anything you read. if i would've known this 6 months ago i might be way better off.. alright goodbye guys, i hope i find a good path to follow andi hope i find happiness in my WOE soon

Alright drama boy, listen: I highly suggest you take a course in basic logical reasoning. At least look up logic 101 on a site dedicated to philosophy and/or science. infidels.org has some stuff like that you could get started on. You sound so lost and confused, you really just need to get a hold of yourself and ground your head in some rational thinking skills. Soon.

Logic will help you decide who REALLY knows what they're talking about, instead of just being mindlessly pulled by whoever dominates the scene.

For the last time: It doesn't matter if the Swiss ate rye bread, or if the African tribe ate goddam sweet potatoes, what matters is that the nutrients themselves that their bodies needed were there. You could literally extract all the nutrients you needed from animal fats and foods, put it in a tube, drink it, and get your full nutrition right there. It doesn't matter where the nutrients come from, as long as you are absorbing them. Hell if rocks had the right nutrients that would work. Animal fats are just the only source in nature you can get these nutrients from.

Animal fats are just a given in all of the cultures for the fat-solubles, and meat is the prime source of the rest (but not the only possible one). It is extremely fallacious to say: "Oh the little African girlie has good cheekbones, perfect teeth and a round healthy head! Because of that I have to eat what she ate down to the last miniscule food particle so I can be just like that!" Dude, what planet are you on? Like Capo explained, there are a TON of factors that go into facial structure. Also keep in mind that no matter how 'developed' the Kiki whatever looked, Price still noted that they and other veggie tribes like them were persistently overrun by their meat-eating cousins. There are simply certain substances in meat and organs that help your body run more efficiently (coenzyme Q10, carnitine, etc.), which are absent or sub-optimal on veggie-based diets, even if there is high fat consumption. I'm sure there's even substances that we have no idea exist that can only be obtained from meats and organs.

Last edited by Forefather : Sun, Mar-11-07 at 23:57.
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Sun, Mar-11-07, 23:55
Registered Member

Plan: Pure Carnivore
Stats: 130/165/200 Male 5' 11" still growing
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatzrus
capo, you completely misinterpreted and misunderstood my post. i don't know why you took it that way..
I was expressing the opposite of what you are saying, the very fact that all those tribes have similar bone structures is what gets to me, I never said the tribes had different facial structures. That's whats so amazing and hard to understand for me. The Eskimoes, Kikuyu, and Swiss for example all have strong and sturdy facial structures, and they look similar to me, in the sense that they all have a sculpted facial structure look. Yet they have completely different diets, at one end the Eskimoes with all meat/fat, at the other end the Kikuyus with no meat and all vegetation. So it's the simply fact that they all have similar facial structures, strong and robust, yet their diets differ completely.
That is the main reason I'm not going to continue eating this WOE, so I thank Weston Price's studies for steering me away from all meat.
I am still going to follow in this type of lifestyle of course, I just need to add back in some carby paleolithic foods like maybe some sweet potatoes and raw honey.
What's so weird about the Paleolithic diet is they say you should eat high fat, but where is there fat to eat from then if you're eating paleo, because they exclude dairy?!? Are they implying to eat all your fat from nuts?
I have one last question if anyone has any experience in this, how is raw honey? Anyone consume raw honey and like the results, whatever they may be?

Capo is right on, but to answer your fat question- when you add up all the bone marrow, brains, suet and other structural fats, and fat in the cut itself, the fat conent is plenty. You just said in your last paragraph that you follow Weston A. Price, well on the WAPF website they explain how primitive peoples always pursued the animals with the greatest hunk of fat on their backs- trust me, they got their fat, buddy, they needed it for sound health to survive the rigors of the land.
  #198   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 09:02

Plan: Mostly carnivory
Stats: 145/145/145 Male 5'11'' (feet and inches)
BF:
Progress: -20%

I do not consider honey to be a "paleolithic" food. Yes, it was probably consumed at one time or another by our paleo ancestors, but my best guess is that it was probably very rare even then. Imagine stumbling across a bee hive and not getting assaulted by the bees themselves, unless you stumbled across a fallen hive. It is not something that would have been consumed on a daily basis, so do not think that you are eating paleolithic by eating honey every day.

This sounds like a classic case of carbohydrate addiction to me and that Meatz is simply trying to justify his continued consumption of carbohydrate, and noteably sugar-laden foods Meatzrus, you must understand that the less fat and animal products a group of humans eats, the thinner-faced and less well developed their off-spring will be. Do not be led to believe that a completely plant based diet is best for humans. It is not, and plant foods (and things like honey) are not required for optimal human nutrition.

Weston Price has some very great information to provide, but you need to stop being so narrow minded and consider other sources of information regarding optimal human nutrition. WAP is not THE answer for all things related to the best human nutrition, although it certainly is an excellent source.
  #199   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 11:56

Plan: nursing lc paleo
Stats: 175/147/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 93%

Wow! I can't belive what a discussion this became. I am enjoying reading along. I quit strict veg a year ago and moved to a WAPF diet with lots of meat. I mostly eat pot roast and ground beef (Mostly grass fed from a local butcher. They have great prices on these cuts) Evertime my father sees me he tells me how healthy I look. I still eat vegs topped with coconut or olive oil, nuts, coconut, and small amounts of berries/apples. (Though I may take that out to see if it helps my lyme.) So even if you don't do all meat, you don't need to eat honey,potatoes, grains ect....

Meatzrus-Dairy issues: I don't eat dairy, but if you need more fat you can add lard or coconut oil. I have also read butter is mostly fat and has little casien (the protein that people can be allergic to) in it.

The high-vitamin Cod Liver Oil is a great idea. I take an extra amount because I am battling chronic Lyme and need the A for my immune system.

I agree that dietary issues can be confusing. My research combined with experience is keeping me on a high meat/fat diet.I hope that you can make and feel good about your choices.
  #200   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 12:48

Plan: nursing lc paleo
Stats: 175/147/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk900
Hey, meatzrus, buddy!

theBear himself said that he has to remind himself to eat most of the time because he never feels hungry -- you should do the same.

Maybe this is why I am not hungry in the morning anymore....
  #201   ^
Old Tue, Mar-13-07, 00:24

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 000/200/000 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayppers
I do not consider honey to be a "paleolithic" food. Yes, it was probably consumed at one time or another by our paleo ancestors, but my best guess is that it was probably very rare even then. Imagine stumbling across a bee hive and not getting assaulted by the bees themselves, unless you stumbled across a fallen hive. It is not something that would have been consumed on a daily basis, so do not think that you are eating paleolithic by eating honey every day.

During the day, collecting honey should not be attempted because bees are going to and from the nest, however at night, gather some grass or plants and burn them, hold them close to the opening of the nest and after the smoke gets in there...seal it.

This will kill everything in there, remove the wings, legs and sting and boil or roast the bees, you now have the honey also, which can be mixed in a bowl with the roasted bees and some berries or just eat the roasted bees by themselves like a bowl of roasted peanuts.
  #202   ^
Old Tue, Mar-13-07, 23:24
Registered Member

Plan: Paleolithic
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Lucy (I hope that is you name ),

Minor point of clarification: No, it's not my real name, but I like it, so please feel free to use it. My tag refers to the australopithecus Lucy, though she couldn't very well have dreamed me, could she have?

Please carry on...
  #203   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-07, 12:51
Registered Member

Plan: paleo
Stats: 135/128/128 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

I am 3/4 Swedish and 1/4 Cherokee (mother 100% swedish, father half Swedish/ half Cherokee)

I have very high cheekbones and am proud of that...but I do think that your diet can help strengthen your bone structure even now as a teenager.

I'm not saying it will give you a completely different bone structure...however eating the right foods will definitely give you a strong bone structure and allow the he4althiest version of yourself to shine thru

unlike some people who have been deficient in minerals and have weak chins and jumbled up teeth because their jaws never formed properly....

My Cherokee grandfather refused to eat any of the sweets and pastries that my grandmother would make and discouraged his 7 sons from eating them because he said it would make them weak, sickly and fat....so true! He hunted and ate pemmican, venison, corn (fermented), etc

I think all nationalities were meant to have good bone structure...just perhaps shaped slightly differently...

I have been eating a raw foods diet for the past 5 years (raw fruits, raw veggies, raw eeg yolks, some raw dairy, raw fats & nuts) but am considering adding meats back into my diet
  #204   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-07, 13:16

Plan: Mostly carnivory
Stats: 145/145/145 Male 5'11'' (feet and inches)
BF:
Progress: -20%

Here is my rant...

Raw fruits and veggies are not 'paleo'. Paleo has been incorrectly classified as eating fruits and veggies, daily - this is not accurate. Fruits are terrible for human consumption - sugar in any form promotes disease and free radical damage, even if it is in the form of fruit. Sugar is sugar is sugar! It all breaks down in the body the same and has the potential to feed pathogenic organisms in the body. One does not require sugar and plant foods to survive - AT ALL. Sugar also directly promotes cancer. Just because fruits have fiber and some vitamins doesn't mean they are healthy - quite the opposite IMO. And raw veggies!? They are too harsh on the intestines and cause food to move to quickly through the digestive system causing for less than optimal absorption of nutrients. I believe that our true paleo ancestors were not eating salads and veggies daily, at least not near the quantities many are today. In fact, many veggies have antinutrients that interfere with the absorption of other nutrients. The fact that you cannot live solely on vegetation alone, but can live QUITE optimally healthy on animal products alone sends a clear message that animal foods are our optimal diet (assuming all the necessary nutrients are being consumed in the form of fat soluble vitamins from organ meats, etc.) and veggies and fruits, etc., are not required in the human diet.

Ahh, I feel better
  #205   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-07, 17:10

Plan: Paleo/IF
Stats: 165/148/120 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
. Fruits are terrible for human consumption - sugar in any form promotes disease and free radical damage, even if it is in the form of fruit. Sugar is sugar is sugar!

Indeed, fructose is not as safe as is painted. I read once at some of the studies that if researchers want to make their laboratory rats fatten up quickly, they inject them with fructose.
But irrespective of the findings most ppl still opt for self-deception grasping any excuses to the ingrained addictions. No wonder more diets come into view to feed this sugar passion, like GI diet or GL diet:/

I cannot attest directly saying that had seen a paleo ancestor choking on bone, but I can attest that Aines, the northern populace, live healthily on just fat fish, seal fat, deers, bears. Once I had a trip to the north of Kuril Islands (Far East of Russia), where I was fortunate enough to meet with these people.
And I was an eye-witness they do eat in carnivore style, adding very rarely luminaria (that’s sea kale) and autumn cloudberries (which are very bitter, scarce so are used as a flavoring to meat).
Remember I came there sniffing, sneezing and they offered me deer meat saying: ’Here are some vitamins, for you, dear!”.

Another point: hardly would they be able to lead such an active live hunting, fishing, pasturing if they stayed on cloudberries and sea kale.
  #206   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-07, 20:51
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

The Masai eat both honey and fruit. They have those lovely fig trees that grow along rivers. I have no idea what other fruit they might eat.
  #207   ^
Old Tue, May-01-07, 21:45
Lipivore

Plan: Very Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 270/185/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysdream
But Asian cultures are considered traditional given their diets of fish, but they don't eat a lot of red meat and poultry. Grains and legumes are okay in the Weston Price diet as long as they're soaked/sprouted, and prepared carefully (as in the Swiss's rye bread). But paleo diet does not recommend grains. I avoid gluten, but do eat soaked brown rice.

Luckysdream,

I once worked for a chef from Thailand and he said that they'd eat raw buffalo meat so fresh it would twitch in your mouth. I thought that, in Paleo times, humans crossed the land bridge into the Americas by following their prey of large, herding, red-meat animals. Wouldn't they still be adapted to eating red-meat?

Craig

P.S. I'm not trying to be argumentative. I'm just not quite sure exactly what you meant.
  #208   ^
Old Wed, May-02-07, 17:02
Registered Member

Plan: Paleolithic
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Craig, that's cool that you worked as a chef in Thailand. Can you come over and cook sometime? That's interesting about the raw buffalo dish. According to the WAP, every culture has a raw meat dish that they treasure. Koreans have a raw beef dish as well. So maybe they're right. Also, one of the most popular korean signature dishes is bbq beef, though I still maintain that beef is rather a rarity in Korea itself. Expensive! We would bring it over as gifts. I guess my only point was that it isn't consumed enough on a regular basis to be counted as proving primary carnivory in asian cultures, which I believe was the counter-argument. But this is an old thread, so I sort of forget.
  #209   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-13, 04:00

Plan: Natural food
Stats: 80/70/70 Male 180
BF:
Progress:

Does food change your bone structure? Yes! I am reading Nutrition and physical degeneration By A Weston Price. He is a dentist who is travelling the world to examine natives. Who have perfect teeth. He finds Many peoples with brilliant teeth and high immunity. When these people adopt the Western food things go bad. Teeth malform and there noses thin along with their skulls. It seems to be passed on through generations.

As for Genes it is suggested Genes can be re written through natural food. If you embrace nature yuo will reap it's rewards!
  #210   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-13, 11:22
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Thread necro-alert. This thread has been dead for 6 years. Just warning in case, like me, you think it is new an go to respond to the OP.