Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 23:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/145/140
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Carbo Addicts' LifeSpan Program?????

Has anyone read this book? I was looking at it today.......saw a lot of suger in there.....what's up?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-02, 01:25
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

There is a mini review of CAD under 'Which Plan is Right for Me?' in quick links at the right hand side of the page.

It may clear up some questions.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-02, 01:43
Pending Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 314/306.6/299
BF:
Progress: 49%

I follow CALP and am very happy on it. One of the beauties with that plan is that you CAN have sugar if you want, in moderation and balance (and timed appropriately). Of course, some people choose not to have sugar and have lower GI carbs instead - it's all up to personal choice.

If you have any other CALP questions, please feel free to ask me and/or have a look in my journal!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-02, 06:17

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default I have read the book also

You are allowed to have sweets at your Reward Meal only and in moderation. No whole pie , just a small piece along with your other starch if having one . The two together equaling 1/3 of the meal.The other !/3 Protein and the other 1/3 veggies and a salad to go with all that.And it has to be eaten within 1 hr.No lingering meal.Hope that helps. I'm in my 4th week and so far so good.Wawtigress
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-02, 07:50

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 180/176.5/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Question Don't Understand??

For the life of me, I don't understand how people can lose weight on the CAD or the CALP??????????????
In, my opinon, this would seem like a Maintanence program rather than a weight loss program.
Why do we, on Atkins, worry about every bite of sugar, when the CAD people can have it daily????????? Go Figure!!!!!
If anyone can share their thoughts on this, I sure would appreciate it. I am just very curious!
Jo Ann in TEXAS
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-02, 08:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/145/140
BF:
Progress: 44%

Thank your.......all of you!

I'm like JoAnn....I don't understand about the sugar. I DO understand that you have it eat it at a special time, but I'm finally free of being addicted to carbs (I never knew I was!), and I don't want to start that whole nightmare over again!

I've gained 2 pounds in the last 3 days.......now I've only lost 3 pounds in 11 days. I've lost inches, though, and am not discouraged. I feel soooooo good!

Guess I'll need to start taking the time to post what I've eaten in my journal again. I'll guy a little address book......or maybe calendar (2001's are really cheap!) and carry it with me.

Well, I'm really glad that you have doing well on CAD.........maybe I'll try it. Too much of a scardy-cat now!

Your LCing friend, Janet
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 06:34

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default It has to do with insulin

In the book, it will explain all about this. It has to do with the insulin your body produces each hour or within an hour after you first bite of food.This diet works for me. I would not suggest anyone change to it or any other diet for that matter. Each person is different and you must be disciplined to follow any regime you chose.I chose this WOE because I do not want to go the rest of my life never having another sweet except the artifical kind. I do still enjoy sugar free jello but want an occasional regular dessert also and the other complex carbs that you can't have on other diets.The sugar is comsumed in the 1 hr. reward meal . Not any other time and as the book says,for the reward meal(large salad with dressing,1/3 protein,1/3 veggie and 1/3 carb)This carb must be equal to the Protein and veggie , not larger. It can be a small roll,potato,corn,etc. and a small dessert or can be one of any by itself. The book explains all of this.Hope i have helped a little.Wawtigress
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 07:21

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 180/176.5/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Talking Thanks Wawtigress!!!!!!

For your explanation of the CAD programs. It is good to be able to discuss the different diets. I am glad to know about the CAD as I may use it for my maintenance part.

I wish it would work for me now, but I would be afraid to try it, since I am just slowing losing on Atkins.

Good luck to you and all CAD followers!

Jo Ann in TEXAS