Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Fri, Oct-13-17, 10:01

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

TGIF

Happy a Friday I have to get laundry and packing done for our upcoming VACA... we are heading to the CA coast & it looks like pretty nice weather, it might rain one day but otherwise it will be perfect. Can't wait. This is a regular vacation to kick back and chill out at my favorite beach. We are both from Cali but won't be moving back there, it's gotten way too crazy. We haven't done any house hunting so far, just looking at areas of the PNW to see where we might want to move, if we do move. I have another trip planned by myself after this vacation to spend time with my girls. it's nice being retired

Have a great weekend all...
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Sat, Oct-14-17, 05:48
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Saturday, 14 October 2017

Happy Saturday, WARRIORS!

Hope all of you are doing well and find the time this w/e to just chil-lax and take care of YOU!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Looks like my two DDs and my adorable SIL are coming for Turkey Day with my grand furbabies (5 of THEM)! Imma so excited, can't wait to see 'em b/c it's been awhile...

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

Do NOT reward yourself with FOOD, you are NOT a DOG!
~ unknown

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
yea JO I go off grid. I mean kiddo brings her laptop and tablet and all but I don't use them to check in or anything.

I just drop ALL when I go on my trips. I change up every routine I have and just relax and unplug
Quote:
Off in a bit to the beach and I will be back on Tues to post again!
Can't wait to hear about your adventure... yeah I know you won't read this until Tuesday, but whatever!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
TGIFI have to get laundry and packing done for our upcoming VACA... we are heading to the CA coast & it looks like pretty nice weather, it might rain one day but otherwise it will be perfect. Can't wait. This is a regular vacation to kick back and chill out at my favorite beach. We are both from Cali but won't be moving back there, it's gotten way too crazy. We haven't done any house hunting so far, just looking at areas of the PNW to see where we might want to move, if we do move. I have another trip planned by myself after this vacation to spend time with my girls. it's nice being retired
Thanks for clarifying that. B/c I thought this was the trip to visit the girls.

So nice that you and your DH are heading to your favorite beach. Hey haven't you in the past sent us links to the beach house(s) you rent in that area???

So when is your vaca to visit the girls?

Wishing you fun in the and safe travels to and from!

Quote:
Have a great weekend all...
Thanks and you too, my friend!

Berni: Hope you're doing well, girlie! What plans do you have this w/e??

Looks like it will be only you and me posting for the next several days since Karen and De are beach-ing it!
  #123   ^
Old Sat, Oct-14-17, 11:38

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Karen.... Enjoy the beach vacation and being away from all the news and internet! I sometimes just have to shut it off so I can just be.

De.... have a great time at the beach! Enjoy 😉
Jo.... How fabulous that your DD’s and DSIL are all coming for thanksgiving with the fur babies! You will have a fabulous time with family!
Jo, happy to say other than meeting with DS for lunch today I just chillin 😎 all weekend! Working on my to do list and maybe have time to catch up on new season tv shows!
Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #124   ^
Old Sun, Oct-15-17, 03:06
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Sunday, 15 October 2017

Happy Day WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Holy Hannah, already mid-October...

Same ole song and dance here, finishing w/e chores and chil-laxing!

W/e seems to move at the same warp speed as the rest of the week...

When you feel like QUITTING remember why you STARTED!
~ unknown

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Jo.... How fabulous that your DD’s and DSIL are all coming for thanksgiving with the fur babies! You will have a fabulous time with family!
It's gonna be a rather interesting Turkey Day since the three of them are vegans now... They watched some documentary on Netflix that changed their way of thinking/eating...

Told 'em more turkey for me!
Quote:
Jo, happy to say other than meeting with DS for lunch today I just chillin 😎 all weekend! Working on my to do list and maybe have time to catch up on new season tv shows!
How nice to have a lunch date with your DS! His GF is still in Texas visiting her twin???

Imma glad you're gonna get a chance to chil-lax and catch-up on the new season of tv shows!

Would you believe I haven't turned on my TV since my twin bro was here in July? I used to have it on to watch the news and weather for about 30 mins every morning. But it's been too depressing to watch esp the politics. Stresses me out and then I realize that I CAN'T do a ding dang thing to change what's happening but get stressed which isn't healthy. So I've stopped turning it on and Imma stress-free!
Quote:
Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!
Thanks, I did! Hope you did too!
  #125   ^
Old Sun, Oct-15-17, 03:25

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

De... hope you are enjoying the beach with hubby and fur babies.
Karen... enjoy the camping by the beach!
Jo... that will be indeed an interesting thanksgiving. You are right though more turkey for you and if they bring their vegetarian sides it will be a 👌. I also have stopped watching TV so depressing and I also feel helpless in doing anything that would make a difference! I do record my NCIS and Criminal Minds when I get down time I watch them. Usually I can’t make it through one and then night night. I would rather be busy then watching tv!
Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #126   ^
Old Mon, Oct-16-17, 03:19
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Monday, 16 October 2017

Happy Monday WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing you a totally spectacular day in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Weekly Maintenance Update: 3 years, 8 months and counting...

Wt = 114 lbs!

My thoughts this fine Monday morning (I wrote this in my journal):

I am so thankful/grateful that I figured out what I can and can not eat to maintain my weight loss and stay as healthy as possible! Every single day is truly a gift.

I've found that sticking to ultra-low carbs not only helps me maintain my weight loss but I get the added benefits of little or no cravings for carb-age crap, diminished appetite and energy to the MAX! All good things!

Unless and until I committed myself 100% to this incredible life & soul changing WOE, I was only trying to lose the weight instead of actually losing the weight and keeping it off forever!

That commitment means staying ever vigilant of everything I eat WITHOUT cheating! That's my key to being über successful: NO CHEATING!

Staying OP 100% isn't a MISTAKE or an ACCIDENT! It's an ATTITUDE born from sheer determination, perseverance and self-respect that I will remain ever FAITHFUL to my LC WOE plan no matter what temptations/cravings pass my way!

Honestly aren't I totally disrespecting myself if I continue to eat the foods that I KNOW make me unhealthy in mind, body and soul as well as FAT?

Armed with a multitude of strategies to handle my food related issues, this LC WOE got me far beyond my original goal of not only losing the weight but will continue to help me keep it off to Infinity and Beyond b/c bottom line is that I am solely responsible for what I EAT every single day!

I’ll ride this OUT! My cravings will be gone in 15 minutes if I direct my attention elsewhere!
~ unknown

Berni:

Just you and me, kid, until our Beach Bunny Warriors return from their respective vacas!
Quote:
Jo... that will be indeed an interesting thanksgiving. You are right though more turkey for you and if they bring their vegetarian sides it will be a 👌.
Exactly! I'll have my turkey and leafy green salad as usual! And they can eat whatever...
Quote:
I also have stopped watching TV so depressing and I also feel helpless in doing anything that would make a difference!
Helpless and stressed pretty much describes how I feel if I watch the news these day, hence the reason I don't...
Quote:
I do record my NCIS and Criminal Minds when I get down time I watch them. Usually I can’t make it through one and then night night. I would rather be busy then watching tv!
Those are two of my favorite shows, haven't watched 'em in a good long while. I have most of 'em on DVD and since I have Netflix, if I wanna watch the newer shows, I can!
Quote:
Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
Thanks and I hope your Sunday was spectacular too!
  #127   ^
Old Mon, Oct-16-17, 12:01

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

What a great post Jo. I feel the same way. I don’t have to even think about it just eat my approved foods and live my life. This is as close as I get to being free from the bondage of carbage!
Jo, I headed to Walmart today to get my leafy greens and protein for the week. My low carb fast food. I was surprised to find no leafy greens they said we are having a shortage on romaine and all the lettuce. Spinach in bad shape also but I did find a large bag so I am good for a couple of days. I will check aldi and Jewel they pricy but may have better selections! Also my big jar of jalapeño peppers were sold out too! Won’t be going on a Monday anymore!
Have a marvelous Monday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #128   ^
Old Mon, Oct-16-17, 14:40

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

DE, beauty of retirement time is you can take your time to choose what and where you want to end up

Bernie, a shortage of lettuce and such? you know I never heard that one

JO, yea turkey for me also....I am SO ALL about everyone eat whatever the heck they want, but one thing is I STAY true to the foods I do eat, no one sways me off what I must have anymore, OLD days I would 'conform' to other's on holiday situations and such but that was so long ago, like another lifestime , now I find my food at all costs and never eat what others eat or like them, I eat warrior style point blank and life rolls on for everyone!

HI GUYS
got home about 2 hrs ago....so brain dead tired. Had a wonderful time. That is all the chat I can handle. Stayed on plan perfect and ate wonderful doing so

got laundry going and more to do....the back from vacay chores don't get done too fast, do they? ugh.......oh well, good time, now time to decompress and back to the old routine.

dog is on the couch snoozing already but we are walking around kinda in a fog HA

take care all....glad everyone is doing great!
  #129   ^
Old Tue, Oct-17-17, 04:04
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Tuesday, 17 October 2017

Happy Tuesday WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Did you know that today is Dr. Atkins' Birthday? He would have been 87. He literally saved my life! God bless Dr. Atkins!

A moment on the LIPS ~ FOREVER on the HIPS!
~ unknown

Berni:
Quote:
What a great post Jo.
Thanks!
Quote:
I feel the same way. I don’t have to even think about it just eat my approved foods and live my life. This is as close as I get to being free from the bondage of carbage!
I know exactly how you feel! What I also about our WOE is that I DON'T obsess about "what" Imma gonna eat... I remember spending an inordinate amount of time thinking about eating lots of carb-age when I was "Fat Jo"!

I was really one sick puppy!
Quote:
Jo, I headed to Walmart today to get my leafy greens and protein for the week. My low carb fast food. I was surprised to find no leafy greens they said we are having a shortage on romaine and all the lettuce. Spinach in bad shape also but I did find a large bag so I am good for a couple of days. I will check aldi and Jewel they pricy but may have better selections! Also my big jar of jalapeño peppers were sold out too! Won’t be going on a Monday anymore!
Oh man, I haven't heard about the leafy green shortages, I'll let you know when I go on Wednesday! Remember you said your chicken breast went up in price a while back... ours is still $1.99...

We were out of those big jars of jalapeños too a couple of weeks back, so when I went in last Wednesday, I snagged 2 jars!

I hit our lil Walmart on Wednesday and if they are out of something, I'll run to the big Walmart on Thursday...

Karen:

Welcome back, girlie! I didn't expect to hear from you until today!
Glad you made it home safely!
Quote:
JO, yea turkey for me also....I am SO ALL about everyone eat whatever the heck they want, but one thing is I STAY true to the foods I do eat, no one sways me off what I must have anymore, OLD days I would 'conform' to other's on holiday situations and such but that was so long ago, like another lifestime , now I find my food at all costs and never eat what others eat or like them, I eat warrior style point blank and life rolls on for everyone!
I totally understand what you're saying! And you know what, Karen? I don't give a flying fig about what others eat or don't eat, I don't care what people think about what I eat or don't eat... all I know is that what I eat is good for me!
Quote:
got home about 2 hrs ago....so brain dead tired. Had a wonderful time. That is all the chat I can handle. Stayed on plan perfect and ate wonderful doing so
You'll have to give us the "dets" about your beachy vaca when you're less brain dead! WTG with staying 100% OP whilst beach-ing it!
Quote:
got laundry going and more to do....the back from vacay chores don't get done too fast, do they? ugh.......oh well, good time, now time to decompress and back to the old routine.
You need a vaca from your vaca?

So when's your next adventure?
  #130   ^
Old Tue, Oct-17-17, 05:02

BF:

JO, yea our walmart chicken is still 1.99 and so is my one food store in the area...the other stores have their chicken breast at alot higher price per lb. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which chicken I am buying when I want the chicken breasts, but right now they seem to be putting whole chickens on low price per lb so I am buying up a few of those for the freezer.

Same on not giving a flying fig on how people eat anymore. I do my way and the rest of the world can do their way I so get that!

We went to Broadway on the Beach and hit Wonder Works which was cool. When you hit the giant room in the middle they have climbing obstacle course up in the ceiling. omg crazy! they give ya a safety harness, strap you up and you climb up these stair into the ceiling and walk these tight ropes, little skinny bridges and more....frightening in a way but fun as heck! But the boardwalk was fun to stroll since the sun was shining. Braodway on the Beach is BIG so we only hit a little of it mostly so we have alot to still explore. Ocean too cold to swim but kiddo and I hit the pool and braved an hr til it got chilly All good time all around.

Next adventure? I think I am going to plan about 4 days down there in the same area cause I hear they put on a Christmas celebration on the boardwalk...gonna check into it later and see. Just to get away, all get aways are a good thing LOL

nothing much more.
got to hit the grocery.
more laundry.
and more of the usual junk we all have to do

great day all
  #131   ^
Old Tue, Oct-17-17, 11:02

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Karen.... welcome back! So glad you had a fantastic time! That sound fabulous to head down to the boardwalk again for Christmas festivities! I hear you no deviation here on my Foods just keep on going and enjoy the simplicity!
Jo.... I headed to jewel today and was able to get my leafy greens so I am all set for week. Don’t know what was up with Wally but it all good maybe truck delayed. Note to self don’t hit Walmart on Monday! I usually never have any trouble going on a Wednesday or Thursday!
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #132   ^
Old Tue, Oct-17-17, 11:45

BF:

Bernie that could be it....when the trucks run You could easily hit the dull void in between and you get some crazy store on a shortage even tho the 18 wheeler hadn't go there yet LOL

yea good time and I want more good vacays to come sooner than later now

I am SO in a new zone ya know on how I want to live my life.
Working on getting there for all to pan out good for all of us!!
  #133   ^
Old Wed, Oct-18-17, 04:46
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Wednesday, 18 October 2017

You know I've gotta do it!

Happy Hump Day WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally wondrous Wednesday in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

What you EAT in PRIVATE you WEAR in PUBLIC.
~ unknown

Karen:
Quote:
JO, yea our walmart chicken is still 1.99 and so is my one food store in the area...the other stores have their chicken breast at alot higher price per lb. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which chicken I am buying when I want the chicken breasts, but right now they seem to be putting whole chickens on low price per lb so I am buying up a few of those for the freezer.
Yeppers, you're as frugal as I am. We have two other grocery stores in our lil' quaint town... but they are always more expensive than Wally World. So that's where I shop!
Quote:
Same on not giving a flying fig on how people eat anymore. I do my way and the rest of the world can do their way I so get that!

Quote:
We went to Broadway on the Beach and hit Wonder Works which was cool. When you hit the giant room in the middle they have climbing obstacle course up in the ceiling. omg crazy! they give ya a safety harness, strap you up and you climb up these stair into the ceiling and walk these tight ropes, little skinny bridges and more....frightening in a way but fun as heck! But the boardwalk was fun to stroll since the sun was shining. Braodway on the Beach is BIG so we only hit a little of it mostly so we have alot to still explore. Ocean too cold to swim but kiddo and I hit the pool and braved an hr til it got chilly All good time all around.
Sounds like you guys had a nice time. Sorry to hear that the beach was too cold to swim and the pool not much better!
Quote:
Next adventure? I think I am going to plan about 4 days down there in the same area cause I hear they put on a Christmas celebration on the boardwalk...gonna check into it later and see. Just to get away, all get aways are a good thing LOL
What a great way to see Christmas decorations, etc. Have you decided when you're doing this trip?
Quote:
...and more of the usual junk we all have to do
Yeppers, same usual junk keeps us grounded or some such thing!

Berni:
Quote:
Imma doing fab-tastic! Can't believe it's already Wednesday!

Imma having so much fun teaching my kiddos... I've got an interesting group this year esp since I have all three grade levels in all my classes... Gosh, 6th grade boys for the most part are so immature! Okay that's my whine for the day!
Quote:
Jo.... I headed to jewel today and was able to get my leafy greens so I am all set for week. Don’t know what was up with Wally but it all good maybe truck delayed. Note to self don’t hit Walmart on Monday! I usually never have any trouble going on a Wednesday or Thursday!
Yeah, probably truck delay at WW on Monday... Glad you were able to get your leafy greens!

We eat very simply don't we? No fuss no muss... I suppose that's the reason for our success, eh?

Well my entire life style is about minimalism, so I guess the way I eat slides right in there too. But I know the main reason it works for me and you is b/c eating our ultra low carb, IF way, takes care of all of our food related issues.

We are so lucky that we've found something that truly works for us to not only lose the weight and keep it off BUT kicks our "FAT CARB CREATURE" aka our carb addiction to the curb forever since we stay 100% OP each and every day!

De:
I know you're on your west coast beach adventure! Hope you're having a good time and the weather is spectacular!
  #134   ^
Old Wed, Oct-18-17, 05:16

BF:

Happy Humpfree Day!

JO that is so true that my eating does fit into my minimalist type lifestyle also. before food was a pain and complicated, now the simple of it is a true pleasure.

Hey, when you spatchcock a chicken, what is the cook time on that? just curious. A whole chicken in one hunk seems to take forever for some reason, I take it when you flatten it like that it cooks faster? Let me know on that, I think that is gonna be my new way of cooking a whole roaster.

HI ALL
nothing much
playing catch up
trying to 'see what days work' for leaving around Xmas....still working on it and will see if we can make it happen.

laundry going now.

boy is it COLD this morning. Set heat on 65 'just in case' and by gosh the damn thing came on this morning....got it cut off and I put the propane fireplace on to heat up the house better.

I guess winter is on its way for sure...brrrrr, omg I hate cold

great day all
  #135   ^
Old Thu, Oct-19-17, 04:10
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Thursday, 19 October 2017

Happy Friday Eve, WARRIORS!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Food is FUEL not THERAPY!
~ unknown

Karen:
Quote:
Happy Humpfree Day!
Quote:
JO that is so true that my eating does fit into my minimalist type lifestyle also. before food was a pain and complicated, now the simple of it is a true pleasure.
Exactly! Honestly Karen, I never get bored with what I eat and these days, Imma stickin' to chicken breast and leafy green salads... probably since like May... Food just doesn't have the "entertainment" value it had before...

Funny b/c the quote above really does sum it up for me. I don't pick and choose the quotes, I have 'em in a Word doc and C&P 'em in order so I don't repeat 'em until I get to the very end...
Quote:
Hey, when you spatchcock a chicken, what is the cook time on that? just curious. A whole chicken in one hunk seems to take forever for some reason, I take it when you flatten it like that it cooks faster? Let me know on that, I think that is gonna be my new way of cooking a whole roaster.
That's the way I do chicken and turkey too! Here's the link to the turkey, but it's the same for the chicken!

The secret is a very hot oven, 450 degrees pre-heated and 6 mins per pound!

Spatchcocked Turkey

It's the juicy-est chicken/turkey with the crispiest skin I've ever had!
Quote:
trying to 'see what days work' for leaving around Xmas....still working on it and will see if we can make it happen.
That's cool! I hope you're able to do that!

Does your DD have the same Winter Break we have?

Our last day is 20 December (Tues) ~ probably won't have many for only 2 days that week. Then we (the staff, teachers, etc) go back on the 3rd of January (Wed) but the kiddos don't attend until the 4th. Betcha not many will show-up until the following Monday!

I know a lot of our kiddos go out of town to visit fam b/c they are military and will take off the 16th of Dec (Sat) and not return until the 7th of January (Sun). It would give 'em 23 days off! Pretty sweet vaca in the middle of the school year!
Quote:
boy is it COLD this morning. Set heat on 65 'just in case' and by gosh the damn thing came on this morning....got it cut off and I put the propane fireplace on to heat up the house better.
Our temps are slowly becoming "Fall-ish" too! We're suppose to be set in the low to mid-70s next week during the day time and mid to high 40s at nite.
Quote:
I guess winter is on its way for sure...brrrrr, omg I hate cold
I hear ya!