Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-18, 10:54

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 223/207/180 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb712
What trips me up every time, though, is getting jaded down the road, believing I can have a little bit of this or that once in a while and then it becomes mountains of this or that. I need the support, encouragement and camaraderie of others like me who know the truth, that it works if you stick with it and it doesn't if you don't. There's no way around it.

This is where I am too! Cheating just doesn't work for me, even planned cheats. Too much guilt involved and then it spirals. Best of luck to you
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-18, 11:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/206/185 Male 5"11
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
This is where I am too! Cheating just doesn't work for me, even planned cheats. Too much guilt involved and then it spirals. Best of luck to you

Cheating doesn't work for me either. Or to put it more accurately: cheating wouldn't work for me. I'd never try it, because I know myself and all that would happen is I would lament the fact that I can't keep having something I only got to taste briefly. It's better for me to just accept that I can't have it. To have a planned 'cheat' day would only bring the cravings back in full force and make me feel not only guilty, but deprived. It would make what feels so easy now feel like a harder task.

If it works for some people, more power to them of course!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-18, 11:59

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Good Morning Atkin 72 believers

I have been doing A72 induction since 2013. I was able to lose 100 lbs and keep it off to date.

I have had to increase my veggies from induction level since I am trying to get my LDL down.
I usually eat egg whites, chicken and fish. I found that I have some difficulty adding the higher carb veggies. My stomach does not do well with cauliflower or broccoli. So have a larger portion of spinach, leafy greens and green beans so far.
I am extremely carb sensitive so it is very anxiety producing for me to add higher carb veggies.
However, cholesterol must come down so I have to fill up on veggies and limit my protein!
Paulette so glad to see you back!
Welcome to all our new posters!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-18, 13:19

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Welcome Barb, Jessica & Rob...

I couldn’t do a cheat day either, just wouldn’t work for me.

Sticking to Atkins 72 has worked well for me. I keep the book out for reference.

It’s good for me to have a place to hang out other than my journal
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-18, 13:27

BF:

Hi Bernie

I’m very carb sensitive too, but I do well with most vegetables.

You still have snow there Bernie? Wow. It’s really warming up here in the desert! It’s not too hot yet though.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-18, 14:49

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello All! Daily drop in.

Today I had a shrimp salad on a handful of spinach for lunch. I don't measure the spinach because it is pretty low. A handful is about a cup. It is just the right amount. I used ranch dressing.

And I have had a lot of coffee so far today. I have grown used to using almond milk in my coffee! Just like you, Jo!

One thing I have learned is that I do not need a lot of excess fat. I maintain ketosis on less fat. Too much fat just seems to increase the calorie load and prevent me from losing. With me, calories DO matter. So I don't bother with the fat. I get plenty in my meats.

Dinner tonight will be some leftover pork ribs. No sauce.

I hope you all have a great Monday!
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-18, 15:25

BF:

Hi Paulette

Your lunch sounds good!

This morning I had coffee, turkey sausage and red & yellow bell peppers with hummus. It’s more brunch than breakfast. My later meal will be a big salad topped with chicken, peppers, onion, mushrooms, olives and olive oil-vinegar dressing.

I have to be mindful of calories too and I don’t eat a lot of fat. When I was eating too much fat my cholesterol was way up. I had to up my carbs a little, doctor’s orders.

I wish I liked almond milk in my coffee, but I don’t.

I made some sun tea and am enjoying that today.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-18, 07:43

BF:

Good morning everyone!

I am down 1.8 lbs today. Less than 10 lbs to go until I hit Onederland! Can she do it? YES she can!

Today I am planning on another spinach salad for lunch, but with chicken & Ranch dressing.

Dinner will be a couple of these delicious looking chicken Italian Sausages I found. I hope they are good!

I am still not a breakfast person. Seems like coffee and vitamins suffice for me just fine. But I do have a snack in between sometime. Normally about 1/2 cup of yogurt (plain fat-free yogurt). I used to make my own yogurt, but the stuff I found now is pretty darned good! No extra weird ingredients, gums or thickeners. Just milk. Provides lots of protein with minimal calories!

You all have a great day!
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-18, 07:57

BF:

Good Morning!

Trying to wake up this morning with my first cup of coffee!

I’ll be going to get my granddaughter this morning for the day. It looks like a nice day to take her to the park. she’s so sweet, but a bit of a handful too I love my day with her, one day a week. I might take her shopping for an outfit today too.

Last night we ended up with turkey and green beans, plus a couple of shrimp instead of the salad I planned.

Paulette... that’s Awesome that you’re so close to Onderland congrats on the 1.8 lbs down

Happy Tuesday All
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-18, 10:17

BF:

Good morning all! Pretty fair day yesterday. Breakfast: Fried eggs with chorizo/jalapeno/cheese. Cauliflower with ranch. Lunch: Leftover smoked sausage with broccoli and ranch. Dinner was chicken shish-ka-bobs (sp?) that I picked up on clearance at the grocery store. They were pretty good....would have preferred beef though Snacked on sunflower seeds quite a bit (probably too much, but still feeling hungry). Also morning coffee with heavy cream, of course.

I bought some ketostix this morning to see if I've hit it yet, still feeling hungry so probably not. I've only been back on this for less than a week.

Hope you all have a great day!!
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-18, 10:19

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
I am down 1.8 lbs today. Less than 10 lbs to go until I hit Onederland! Can she do it? YES she can!

Yay! Congratulations!!!! Of course you can do it
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-18, 10:35

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello A-72 buddies,

Today is work and granddaughter during the day then all three after 3:30 for one hour. Not to bad but I am usually tired so it a long hour!
De. Dinner sounded delish last night. I forgot to try peppers low carb and I like them. The broccoli Brussels sprouts and cauliflower rip up my stomach!
Paulette... Congrats on a 1.8 drop. Of course you will get to wonderland. I do like plain yogurt chobani but I can’t stop eating it so definitely not a good thing for me.
Jessica you meal plan sounds delish. I would not be able to limit myself on any type of nuts either.
Have a terrific Tuesday and take care of yourself!
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-18, 05:29
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Happy HUMP Day everybody!

Just a quick drive by to say hello to everyone and WOW, this thread is hopping!

Looks like everyone is doing well! And wishing each of you continued success on your journeys!

Have a wonderful day!
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-18, 05:51

BF:

Good morning everyone! I am so happy this thread has started. I missed the camaraderie and accountability of having a group of friends to report to and relate with.

I am down another 1.6 lbs this morning and marching onward toward Onederland! Being as I lost a lot the past couple days, I suspect my body will now take a breather to recoup before the next whoosh. Seems to be the typical rhythm of weight loss.

Today I have a pork shoulder roast to put in the oven. I think I shall place some cauliflower in the pan to roast along with it! That will be dinner. I have some leftover chicken soup in the freezer which I will take out to thaw for lunch.

My chicken soup is made with chicken breast, celery, onions, garlic and broccoli. I add herbs that I grow in my own garden: Sage, Rosemary & Thyme. The only thing I add from the jar is the Parsely! Actually, even the garlic is my home grown baby. And this year I will be growing my own onions, too.

I hope everyone is having a great Hump Day! lol
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-18, 06:19

BF:

Good morning!

It's another beautiful day Down 2 pounds this morning. I did buy the ketostix and yes, fat burning mode has commenced!

Paulette: I also love to grow my own herbs. We keep them in the pots in front of the house instead of flowers It's so enjoyable finding ways to incorporate them into our meals....tasty too Your soup sounds delicious.

Hope you all have a fantastic Wednesday!