Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 14:35

Plan: On the beach
Stats: 184/171/140 Female 5 ft 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Hope this works

Well friends, I tried the Atkins and had to stop it. It was not because I could not follow the diet, if anything I loved the meats/veggies etc. Only food problem I had was I was growing so sick of eggs!

After weeks of feeling like I had been hit by a train I have decided to try the SBD. I do not know why, but I know the foods are similar and there are more open choices. I am determined to find a better me that is lurking inside but not at the risk of keeping headaches, nausea, not sleeping etc for days on end. I have a rugrat to chase and I have to function.

I have read many sites where there are lots of exatkins folks making their way here and it is working for them too.

My beginning weight 3 weeks ago was 184, I went down to 176 and began to really feel ill. I stalled. I took the shakes, name it. So I stayed on induction only to see I needed some sort of carb more so than the 20 and one night I did, ate wheat bread and felt a little better.

I have had this same dizzy headache for a week now and it has to end. So this am I ate as anyone would. No diet no nothing. Going to go to an early valentines dinner tonight then in the morning start with a clean slate for the SBD.

I am interested in this, I want to go to 140 pounds, I would hope by summer. Is that unrealistic? I am not sure what the rate of loss is. I did buy the book and halfway through it. It does seem a bit easier and not so confusing as the Atkins. One thing I disliked was you never read in two different places the same info. On a forum many ppl ate differently. On the Atkins site it lists foods, but they send you a book of products that are color coded for stages of the diet that are 100% off what the diet calls for. I simply can not follow something so wishy washy.

Anyways enough of my trials and errors, I look forward to getting to know all of you and hope this forum contines to grow as we loose those pounds.

Hugs from NC
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 17:01
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 183/175/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hi Emagine,

Welcome to the Beach!

I want to go to 140 pounds, I would hope by summer. Is that unrealistic?

Well, you are young, and probably not been on a hundred diets, so those two factors alone could mean that you could lose 35-40 lbs by summer. Plus, you are a stay-at-home mom, which means you can push that baby stroller and get some exercise every day.

Definitely do-able!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 19:40

Plan: Atkins, now South Beach
Stats: 165/140.6/129 Female 5,1
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi there!
I hope we can enjoy this SBD...I found that if we can feel good and eat well in one WOL, the weight drop becomes much easier.
Best luck for you,
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 20:31
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 168/140/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome! I know you can do it I have lost about 20 pounds all together and would like to hit a goal of 140 by June..

Best of luck!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-04, 09:00

Plan: South beach (modified)
Stats: 185/153/150 Female 5' 6.5''
BF:
Progress: 91%

Let us know! I started exactly where you started, tried Atkins twice and was missing fruit and veggies too much. I lost 15 pounds in 4 weeks, now stalled for 4 weeks. I think loosing 35 pounds is easier when you start with a higher weight. I feel I only loose when I got back to phase 1 - as long as I stay on phase 2, I stall. I read on some forum that headaches come from the red dye in jello - if you are using the SBD book advice, you might be having that dessert? - if so switch to green Jello. I also know I like many get headaches from Caffeine-withdrawal - I do continue to have coffee! If you drink A LOT OF WATER, there shouldn't be headaches with this diet.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-04, 18:08

Plan: On the beach
Stats: 184/171/140 Female 5 ft 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%

Monika- ty for the tip on the red jello. Luckily I have not had but a little on the Atkins and it was after the HA started. But being prone to these things I will take your advice very well.

I am so looking forward to this. With being on the Atkins I already had myself eating more veggies. Which we all need. SB just gives me more of a reason to use my GF grill and baby cooker. I love it.

Today was just day one, but I loved it all so far and feel fine. lets hope it lasts
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 11:15

Plan: South Beach diet
Stats: 196/184/135 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:38%
Progress:

Hi All,

Ihave been on SB for about 4 1/2 weeks. I am doing well as far as I can tell. My clothes are fitting me differently and my body ids looking better in the mirror.I am still energized for the most part but I do feel it is going slowly. I am recently divorced 45 yrs old with a Hot 33 yr old b/f. I really want to loose about 40 - 50 lbs. I have been on every diet around I am sure. I don't look my weight but I know it is there. How can I keep up the fight?
I guess I just need a pep talk LOL.

Thanks,
Boo Boo