Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 08:16

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/134/122 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi! New user and a ? about breakfast

[SIZE=3][COLOR=Purple][FONT=Courier New]

Hi! My name is Jill and I just started SB on 2/14/04.....so far, so good! I have about 10 lbs. to lose and I'm hoping this will do it. I've never really stuck with any diet before in my life but this doesn't seem so bad. I just had a few questions, for breakfast do you think this is OK:

1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese ( 90 cal, 2.5 fat grams, 6g carbs, 4g sugar, 11g protein)
3 slices turkey bacon
1 small V-8
???? I am not a big fan of eggs as suggested to eat from the book, I tried making the quiche cups, regular scrambled eggs w/ cheese etc., and I just can't stomach it in the AM!

Also, is jello sugar free instant pudding made with skim milk OK to replace the ricotta desserts with? The ricotta is OK but a bit rich and I get tired of it fast.

Thanks guys:-)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 08:59

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 145/145/130 Female 5.5
BF:25%
Progress:

Hi Jillcat,
Welcome to the beach,it is a great way of eating and gets easier by the day.
This is my second time on the beach.Went on a 16 day holiday and fell off the wagon,but im back on as of today.
You should only have 2 slices of turkey bacon and wait to have the pudding till phase two.It is important that you follow phase 1 to a tee,this is your detox time.
Try lite jello for a dessert instead.Hope this has been some help to you,and good luck to you.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 11:21

Plan: south beach
Stats: 138/130/120 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitaspank
Hi Jillcat,
Welcome to the beach,it is a great way of eating and gets easier by the day.
This is my second time on the beach.Went on a 16 day holiday and fell off the wagon,but im back on as of today.
You should only have 2 slices of turkey bacon and wait to have the pudding till phase two.It is important that you follow phase 1 to a tee,this is your detox time.
Try lite jello for a dessert instead.Hope this has been some help to you,and good luck to you.

I really agree with her. Untill you get the hang of this diet for best results follow the book then try other things to see if they work for you.