Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 12:12
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 168/140/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 100%
Question For those new to South Beach..

Post a typical daily meal plan for those new or interested in SB..Maybe we can all get some ideas
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 12:31

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 180/155/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi! Ive been on South Beach for three days. My hubby and I switched over from Adkins, which we were having trouble sticking to. SBD feels like it has more freedom. Heres what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, scrambled with 1 slice 2% swiss
cheese and 2 slices turkey bacon
Snack: 1/2 cup cottage cheese with 1tsp splenda and
a dash of cinnamon, small handful almonds
Lunch: Big salad with grilled chicken breast, grilled
peppers and zuchini, caesar dressing
Snack: part-skim mozzarella cheese stick, small
handful almonds
Dinner: Pork roast, cooked all day in the crock pot,
brussel sprouts
Hope this helps!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 13:10
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 168/140/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 100%

Some choices of a typical day for me:

Breakfast:

-2 eggs over easy cooked in Canola Spray with either 2 pieces of bacon, turkey -bacon or ham
-Mushroom and Swiss omelet
-Cheesy Eggs (scrambled eggs with low fat mozzarella)

Morning Snack:

- Celery slices spread with Laughing Cow Cheese
- Sliced Green Peppers with " "
- Part Skim String Cheese
- Always a 5.5 oz. can of Spicy Hot V8

Lunch:

- Turkey with a dash of mayo wrapped in Romaine (3)
- Spring Greens with cut turkey or ham with cheese and Newmans Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Spring Greens topped with tuna and a dash of mayo

Afternoon Snack:

- Usually String Cheese or Peanuts

Dinner:

- Baked Salmon topped with lemon, butter and garlic with green beans
- Baked chicken breast with green beans or spinach
- Grilled Chicken breast over salad
- Cheeseburger wrapped with romaine with red onion
- Mushroom Omelet
- Chicken breast stuffed with spinach and ricotta cheese with green beans

I love green beans if you can't tell...Don't forget that water!

Gosh..I'm hungry now
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 18:49
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach (P2)
Stats: 250/215/150 Female 71
BF:
Progress: 35%

Breakfast:
Ketogenics muffin (2.5 carbs and 2g fat each) or 2 eggs overeasy, occasionally w/ 2 slices of turkey bacon, tea
Morning snack (havent had one in ages - I eat breakfast late and lunch early):
a few cucumber slices or 1/2 cup cottage cheese
Lunch:
Big salad with lots of romaine lettuce, peppers, cucumbers, and broccoli, topped with low carb dressing
Chicken, lettuce, and caesar dressing in a whole grain pita
Snack (Once again, when I have one):
piece of string cheese, peppers dipped in hummus, or a little square of low-carb chocolate if I'm feeling naughty
Dinner:
A piece of broiled chicken or fish, and lots of green vegetables (usually broccoli). 2-3x a week I have a small serving of brown rice with dinner, but never on a day when I had the pita sandwich at lunch.
Dessert (only have it once in a great while):
scoop of low carb vanilla ice cream (sooo good!)
sugar free fudgsicle
chocolate ricotta dessert

The way I combine stuff varies. If I have pita, no rice with dinner. If I have rice, no pita. If I have ice cream, no pita or rice. You get the idea.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 15:17
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 183/175/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 19%

(Phase 1)

Breakfast is usually 1.5 scrambled eggs with a turkey sausage link, or with onions and cheese as in omelet. And V-8 juice.

I don't often have a morning snack either, as there's not enough time between b'fast and lunch.

Lunch is likely a tuna salad or chicken caesar. Or bean soup.

Afternoon snack could be nuts, or hummus and cucumber slices. Or cottage cheese.

Dinner ideas are vast- how about baked halibut breaded with almond meal, herb-crusted pork chops, london broil, bbq'd salmon, stir-fried scallops (or shrimp), chicken dijon? Add a vegetable side and a salad and you're good to go. I do love roasted vegetables...

For dessert, I haven't been able to gag down the ricotta, so I usually have jell-o with Cool Whip Free.

Hope this helps.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 14:48

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 143/141/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

Here's what I usually have:

breakfast is 3 eggs with one slice low fat cheddar cheese and coffee.

Snack-15 almonds

Lunch-usually left-overs or a salad from Subway with roasted chicken breast and Ranch dressing.

snack-string cheese

dinner-anything I can cook in the crock-pot. So far I've made teryaki steak, turkey stew, and a chicken dish. I got these recipes from a SBD site. I'll also have salmon with veggies.

no late-night snack for me-I go to bed too early!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 22:25

Plan: south beach
Stats: 138/130/120 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress: 44%

Wow, everyone is eating better then me. It seems like If I eat that amount i gain or my weight loss stalls. Should I try eating more?
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 07:48

Plan: South Beach(Phase III)
Stats: 235/187/190 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 107%

Breakfast:

Everyday - 2 16oz cups of really good quality coffee no cream or sugar...I'm a coffee addict.

3 days a week - 3/4 Cup Uncle Sams Cereal w/ 3/4 Cup 1% milk and 5 or 6 sliced strawberries.

2 days a week - 2 eggs usually over easy, 1 slice whole wheat toast, 3 slices of bacon. I know the bacon isn't SBD. I use the pre cooked bacon that you put in the micro wave. It is very thin and really doesn't have all that much fat. I've used it since starting and don't consider it a cheat.

1 day a week - 1 cup(cooked) oatmeal w/cinn. and 3/4 cup 1% milk

1 day a week - 1 slice whole wheat toast w/ 2 tbls peanut butter.

snack - almost always a small handfull of peanuts.

Lunch - Lots of variety. Deli meats, tuna, or left over meats from night before served in a LC wrap, lettus leaf, on a big salad, or occaisionally on an open faced sandwich using whole wheat bread. Sometimes a small piece of chedar w/ 5 whole wheat crakers along with veg and cottage cheese or an apple.

snack - almost always a small handfull of peanuts. Occaisionally a couple of dried appricotes or a small apple.

Dinner - Favorites are chicken stirfry w/ lots of veg, beef stirfry, waldorf salad w/chicken, roast chicken, grilled steak, grilled chicken breast, beef burritos using lean ground beef and LC tortillas, toco salad, crab, fajitas w/ LC tortillas, chili. I alway have a salad and lot of fresh or cooked veg with most dinners.

I've had a baked sweet potato a couple of times, acorn squash a couple of times. We've had ham and beans a couple of times during Phase II.

I just don't eat desert...I'd rather have the carbs in some type of food that is more satisfying.

I plan to add whole wheat pasta back in at some point but only once a week or less. I've learned to add things back in 1 at a time and monitor weight loss, cravings, etc.

After dinner - LF Latte.

Evening Snack - I've had pop corn during a movie a couple of times and the chocolate dipped strawberries from the book last saturday. Usually try not to eat after dinner.

Quantity - I eat enough of the above items to come up with 1700 to 2000 calories a day and between 50 and 75 carb.