Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-17, 08:40
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/130/110 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%
Unhappy dehydration / near-vomiting

hello

this post is just me venting...

...let me first admit that ...i have a long history of anorexia and starvation...

several years ago, i lost a tremendous amount of weight, by not eating ...and i did tremendous damage to my physical health, and even to my brain

then my father was in an accident that almost killed him, and has left him in a wheel chair, and, ever since, i have been his laborer (and have taken a lot of abuse from him)...

and i put back almost all the weight i had lost

...also, i live with my mother, and /she/ is abusive, and i live under really bad conditions -

i don't have consistent access to the right foods, refrigeration, cold drinks or even clean water...

and, in the last two months, i attempted to move away from my mother, but -

i also got left by my significant other of _15 years_,

and i crumbled, and gave up the apartment,

and in the space of two months, i have moved in AND OUT AGAIN - all my belongings, BY MYSELF - ON FOOT -

and i went from "low carbing," to starvation, because that is what i tend to do

and, heavy physical labor plus NOT EATING (and not drinking enough), you can might imagine ...this is bad news

i am AFRAID I HAVE CAUSED MYSELF KIDNEY DISEASE, BECAUSE...

...i have been trying to eat, and drink, consistently, but...

i find that i get dehydrated so fast, if i don't pound down so much water that i feel STUFFED,

i very soon after get this ...nasal drip/choking feeling, and i start almost vomiting----

like, i canNOT keep up with the constant need to pound down water

has anyone else had this happen to them?

...also, any weight i manage to lose, it comes right back, _and then some_ -

like, at the beginning of this week i had managed to lose 2 pounds,

but then, eating the same thing (low carb, or some days i attempt "ketogenic" because i thought that was helping me) the next day(s),

i gained back the 2 pounds -

and yesterday, out of feeling so sick with the almost vomiting, i ate - divided through the day -

2 ATKINS MEALS - half each time - and 2 bags of green beans - half each time -

with some added coconut oil,

and i drank macadamia milk (i don't usually),

and I GAINED ANOTHER 2 POUNDS, so now i am up 4 pounds----

but what is really making me want to throw in the towel, is the constant near-vomiting -

and i feel like i still have so much weight to lose, that i feel like i can't go on...

it makes me want to just go back to the old way of eating - carby foods that you can just snatch, you know ("oh, what's a little fiber one cheesecake square..."),

so at least i won't feel dehydrated like i have

...have any of you experienced this dehydration/near-vomiting thing?
Sponsored Links