Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#721   ^
Old Wed, Dec-13-17, 17:19

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Ok- Late post for me! What a whirlwind of a week, and it's only Wed. HAHAHAH

Lori- Safe Travels and give us DETAILS- we love travel details!!! YUP

Leeann- Now you have me concerned about Mr. Huggy! Hope he is ok. What a lonely time of year for these little folks. Are you still dressing festive when you go?
I have not finished just yet- I will finish up this weekend.
WHAT A STEAL on those sweaters! YAY on you ! I bet the "moms" will feel so wonderful to get those!

Blue- I am totally sure you knocked that presentation outta the ball park even if your heart isn't in it. When do they let you know it's a go?
Your street your walk sounds cosy and historic. Love those older homes. When I walk down those types of streets I try to picture the people that live in those homes. What stories they have...... Just fun to spy a little.
Wow- I read your description of your "treat"- good for you that you can do that. I truly say that with no disrespect. The best WOE is one you can live with! IE- LOW CARB OUR WAY
I bet you are getting pumped for the SF trip! I am happy for you!

TRIG- Did you ever get those crab legs? I found your post on sleep interesting. I need more than most people. I don't know if that is because in my waking hours my energy level is off the chain then I collapse and sleep 7 hours. On the week-end I can sleep 8-9 hours. and even include a nap.
I would not be functioning at all on 4-6 hours. I would be brain fog.
It's funny how we are wired!

KMOM- I too loved your gingerbread story! What a love story you two had! You are blessed. I would rather be with the love of my life for a brief time- then forever in a loveless relationship. You are bless so with memories and family that love you so much!
----------------------------------------------------
Ladies- when I tell you I am PUMPED that is an under statement! I finished half of my "orientation/ precourse" - for school. So yea welcome to my learning. Expectation is that we are all over achievers. So even though my "official" class doesn't start until Jan 8th. I was expected to go through orientation that simulates the real course life.
It is met to give the learners a way to get to where they need to go and for what. A trial run so to speak. It is 4 weeks. It would also give the person a chance to see what it take to get through a course.
A test drive to speak. It has deadlines, paper, posts, discussion boards, and a test at the end of each unit.
I have 2 units to go through. I completed an entire unit today. I wrote a paper, posted a discussion, and took my quiz. Printed off everything and got feed back already.
My advisor stated my paper was professional and well written- HAHAHAHAHAHAH. I am SO lazy here.
But I went through every project and double and triple checked myself before submitting. I got 100% on all 3 assignments.

Ready to tackle unit 2 now. It is all writing - tons and tons and tons of writing! Just up my writing itch! Plus I get another degree outta it- no brainer.
We are in a slow period at work until the Jan. So I just worked on school stuff. I know that I won't get that alot- but on slow days I will try to shove some school stuff on slow days!

Ok so Jaz starts a NEW chapter in my life. I am happy! Pull this post in 6 months!

I am totally on plan- lost my Charleston bloat. But ya know I am up 5 pounds from this time last year.
Remember last year? All I wrote about was my surgery! Thankfully that is over! But still not losing- and up 5 from last year???WTF????

I know again I keep going over this- but I RARELY stray. 99.9% Of the time I am straight arrow. I watch what the gals at work eat. They are SMALLER than me- and I hear them munching at their desks all day long! One gal that sits in front of me told me she is ADDICTED to corn chips and caso sauce. She told me she eats through a family size bag in 2 days and does this everyday. Plus lunch, breakfast and dinner, with who knows what after that.

She is not the only only that just sits and grazes all day on junk and then does 3 meals a day. Another gal brings in her fast food EVERYDAY and just eats serious ALL day. She is not fat, but she isn't thin. I would say she is about a size 10/12- and hips. But she is not a heavy gal.
Ok know I can't- I would gain 50 pounds over night and be diabetic before you can say give me insulin.
But SERIOUS......I am LC!!!!!!!!! 10 or less- tonight was 5 carbs. Lunch was less than 3. I would not go back to eating that way even if I could.
But dam it I want to see results from my hard work! Just sayin- I hate that statement.
Ok I apologize for same rant different day!

My blood work was all good except a SLIGHT elevation in cholesterol. sigh..........

Ok gals - posting after Lori tomorrow- if she posts!
Sponsored Links
  #722   ^
Old Wed, Dec-13-17, 17:27

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---We were on the same page tonight. I just bought my son a heather blue cashmere Vneck today. A cashmere sweater is such a treat...great that you got black cardigans too. Something the moms can wear a lot. You got a great price!

If you find any new LC recipes you love, please share!

Jaz---You are the boss of everyone's dreams. Seriously, you put so much effort into showing your gals how much you appreciate them. Good thing you're between them and the personality disordered lady killer boss. DUCK! What kind of Xmas lunch are you planning for those lucky women?

Sorry about the lost posts. Hate that. Other day I lost a page on a project I was working on. Re-booted not realizing I hadn't saved it. That was when a 27 syllable F word echoed thru our house. Agree w/Nic, take a sec to copy and paste anything longer than a paragraph.

Lori---Have fun w/your sister. Will you be posting while you're visiting her?

K-mom---Xmas is such a poignant time when you have lost someone you loved so deeply. Hugs to you. As Nic said, your love for your husband is so breath taking. I am glad you have a big and wonderful family as your witness to the memories, and who surround you with love and help soothe that hole in your heart.

Wednesday water: 3/3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a lot of stuff done I'd been off around the house today. Always a good feeling.

Soon I'm off to have Xmas dinner w/BFF. We're going to a super fun restaurant with lots of LC choices, and very reasonable priced. I had a late lunch of granola and iced coffee and cream to make sure I don't go too hungry. Right now not hungry at all. Hoping to just have a small salad and a side.

Won't be posting tomorrow as hubby and I are going out of town. About an hour and a half south of us, to his cousin's for a holiday dinner party. They are both great cooks and will put much effort into everything, so it will be a treat night. Then we'll stay overnight, and drive back Friday. Nice little get away.
  #723   ^
Old Wed, Dec-13-17, 18:22

BF:

Blue- "That was when a 27 syllable F word echoed thru our house"= I have BEEN THERE! HAHAHAHAHA with that Canadian twang ya got!!!!
  #724   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-17, 04:20

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

As promised, I woke up to snow this morning. It's not heavy, but enough to cause some slippery roads I suppose. Makes me mad as I was set to leave for my sister's at 7:30. It annoys me to no end when the weather makes me change my plans. < Spoiled brat!

Blue...your getaway sounds like a great time...Enjoy!

Well, DH & DSon are heading home early this morning. They are leaving somewhere around 5AM. All that way and all that $$ and NO deer. They had a good time and now DH is talking about going again in 2019 and he will hunt this time. Sigh.....I'm going to have to get another job!

I'm taking my laptop along to Sis's so I'll hopefully be able to keep up with all of you. It'll be a lot easier than trying to read and post on my phone. Not sure what we'll do today when I get there. She has been dealing with a stye and conjunctivitis in one of her eyes and she says she looks awful. She was to the Dr last week and used an ointment for 5 days, but she woke up the other day with it worse than ever. She went to the Urgent Care yesterday for more drops and ointment. She said it will not slow us down, but I don't want her to feel self-conscious about being out and about. To tell you the truth, I'll be happy to just stay in and relax.

Yesterday at work was crazy. I just don't understand management at that place. Here we are, just 10 days before Christmas and they had ONE cashier on duty ALL day....ONE! I was supposed to be doing "Ship from Store" but ended up running up to open a register every few minutes. We had lots of online orders we were supposed to do, but couldn't get away from the registers. Sigh.....just frustrating that they didn't plan to have more staff for the day. I know the corporation only gives them so many labor hours to work with each month, but it seems ridiculous to me. At any rate, I was only scheduled to work until 1 and let me tell you, I ran out of there at 1! I went and got some groceries for DH and then came home and packed.

I am SO ready for a change of scenery. I'm sorry I won't be here when DH gets home, but I'll see him Sunday afternoon. Sis wants to go out for brunch on Sunday, so I probably won't head for home till Noon or 1. Monday I'm finally going to get my car in to get inspected. I've had to change my appointment twice now due to my travel and my work schedule getting changed.

Ok...enough of my mundane existence. I hope you all have a good day and have something fun planned for the weekend. Talk later!
  #725   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-17, 04:46

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

ok guys, it seems the cashmere is the present of choice this year LOL

Have fun Blue

Jaz, kills me to watch what others eat also. Some can eat so much crap and this and that and be thinner but not healthier You are so much healthier on very very low carb, no doubt about that!

WOW a year ago it was your surgery? A year flew by? Holy cow, but you were so miserable and sick etc and now you are feeling better and moving strong! COOL!!

Lori, hey that commercial on TV with the Dick's lady CEO said ALL registers will be open and no standing in line in their stores....guess she lied....lol...like all companies do lol, or she put in a clause, like read the fine print, registers all open on saturday only, between 10-1 and after that ya'll have to wait like minions standing in line for slaughter (it feels like butchering to me when I have to wait in a line for longer than a normal type wait HA HA)

Sorry no deer on that trip. All the deer around ya think one would be gotten ya know. Hubby is ticked he might lose his last chance to get deer #3 in the freezer. mandatory overtime at work screwing him up.

KM, are ya able to post at all? have 'puter problems? Hope all is going well for you!!

Hey all
in a daze kinda mood. Like waiting for Xmas to be over, waiting for spring to come NOW, waiting for my beach trip to come, kinda like I am living for the future and the heck with today LOL Can't get my head around right now cause right now is cold and sucks to the max. Oh well, just getting thru the days right now.

Presents wrapped up yesterday.
fast run to little store down the road, bread is old and moldy and had to throw it all out as usual, hubby is yelling he needs his rolls, bleck, who cares HAHA

nothing much more doing.....everyone have a fine day.
  #726   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-17, 04:49

BF:

Good Morning everyone!

Lori- DRIVE CAREFUL!!!! Also I know I don't need to tell you that eye junk can be high contagious. Hand washing is key- and don't touch your face!

That is a crazy thing that there was only ONE cashier!!!! I bet you did run outta there! I can't believe that Christmas is in 9 days!

Speaking of......next week will be crazy busy for us at work too! Everyone is trying to get their last minute stuff done.

Blue- enjoy your dinner party! Safe travels!- you know we will want details! HAHAHAH

OK- all I am typed out from yesterday! We have a staff meeting this morning- and I have meeting this afternoon! I am TIRED!

AVA update- She is almost 9 pounds and doing so well she MIGHT get to come home next week. Right before Christmas! My DD is ecstatic. Yes she has a feeding tube and will come home on oxygen. However she will be home! My DD can't wait- it has been 6 months since she has been able to be home!

ON PLAN STAN! YUP YUP YUP!!!!!!!
  #727   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-17, 10:38

BF:

A quick update.....I have arrived at my Sister's! The roads near my house were not good and I was wondering what I had gotten myself into, but after driving for about 45 minutes, the roads were not even wet! So...made the trip in the normal amount of time(2.5 hrs) and am enjoying a cup of coffee with Sis.

Jaz...I will keep my hands away from my eyes for sure and I am a chronic hand washer. Fingers crossed that I don't get it.

We're staying put tonight and just having some chicken tenders and making bacon wrapped pickle spears dipped in Ranch dressing...I saw that recipe on FB and knew we had to try it! I brought the bacon & pickles and we are good to go. Tomorrow morning we're going to go out and do a little shopping and go out for lunch before heading back to the apartment before the Friday night crazies get out and about. Sis has promised to bake 2 cakes for her Granddaughter's swim team party, so she needs to be home to do that by 2 o'clock. Timing will be fine. Saturday and Sunday we have no agenda and will just see what we feel like doing. She has to pick her Granddaughter up from school today, but I'll just hang out here and wait for her to get home. Maybe take a nap!

Ok..that's it from me. Hope you're all having a good Thursday!
  #728   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-17, 14:44

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi all...

Crazy time for me. Figured out the computer. Needed an upgrade and then Safari worked again.

Daughter from across the street is here for four days with her family. They are getting their hardwood floors redone.

Will try to post tomorrow.

K-Mom 10x4
  #729   ^
Old Fri, Dec-15-17, 07:24

BF:

Good Morning!

Man did I sleep last night! I didn't crawl out until I heard DSis in the kitchen making coffee at 7:15! I don't know why, but I sleep like a rock here. Plus, no furry alarm clock to worry about! Speaking of her, I'm sure she gave DH an early wake up call this morning. He got home about 6:30 last evening. I'm glad to know he's home safely, but wish I would have been there. Our timing just did not work out. Ah well, I'll see him on Sunday afternoon. He was going to go work his part-time job this morning and then go visit his cousin. Other than that, I expect he'll come home and take a nap and recover from that 12 hour drive yesterday.

DSis and I are having a nice visit. We are currently waiting for her daughter to stop by after dropping the Granddaughter off at school. She's picking up a Christmas gift that she has been hiding here. She's off work today, so will use the day to do some things while her daughter is in school.

I can't believe it's almost Christmas.....I'm not ready!!!!!!!! I work every day next week except Monday. Most of the days I don't go in until 11, so I'll have to do my wrapping etc in the mornings before work. I work Christmas eve from 6:45AM until around Noon. That's better than working till 6PM when we close. Our daughter wants us to come to her house and stay overnight Christmas eve and have dinner and spend the evening and then be there when the boys get up Christmas morning. I'm glad my work schedule will allow us to do that.

Ok...time for DSis and I to start moving. A little shopping and then a little lunch and home for the afternoon....a perfect day!

Have a great day!
  #730   ^
Old Fri, Dec-15-17, 09:26

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning, all!

Busy, busy week...but it has settled down now.

Like I said in an earlier post, daughter from across the street is here for a few days, so this place is hoppin'! They may need to stay another night as the floor did not dry enough for the third coat yesterday. That's fine with me! They are SOOOO easy and a ton of fun!

Blue:
Hope you had fun with your friends.

~ I love Summit Ave and have such great memories of driving up and down it with my hubby when we were first married. I remember our jaws dropping as we saw the mansions. And one time I remember reading about the history of some of those mansions. And you live a half block from it!

~ Your granola masterpiece really excited you and that made me smile! Not sure if it is something I am interested in, but reading about how much you liked it brought me joy! Another treat you can look forward to!

Jaz:
Great news on Ava. Hoping it works out that she can go home before Christmas. What a "gift" that would be.

~ Loved hearing about you completing the first half of your orientation class. I think we are all going to enjoy going through this with you!

~ I so "get" you about seeing other people eat so unhealthy and eating so much! I am aware of what people are eating around me. Wish it didn't have a hold on me, but it does. In fact, I am usually aware of what everyone is eating in the near vicinity!

Lori:
So fun to hear how content and happy you are to be with your sis....even though you are missing your hubby. And good sleep! It must be the cat! Sounds like you have a busy week next week working. I bet the management is so thrilled to have an employee like you they can depend on and who has a great work ethic! Do you see yourself continuing with this job? It might seem a lot more fun and peaceful after the holidays.

Trig:
Just wondering....does food still have a pull on you? Do you notice what other people are eating? Or are you so in the zone that food does not bother you? I know you said food means a lot less to you...but if you were sitting at a big table of family or friends and they were eating things that you used to eat or things you remember liking...does that have any pull on you? Maybe it does, but just a lot less?

~ Cashmere sweaters! Love them! I have one picked out that I will get when I am a size or two done. Kinda like a reward.

~ I like rolls too (like your hubby)! I remember eating two or three at a Thanksgiving dinner! But that has changed. I am typically not even tempted. Don't know why. Maybe it is because I know the carb count for them.

Nic:
Hmmm...thinking the words about cashmere sweaters should have gone to you. Oh well, please read about them in Trig's part. $49.00 is a great price!

~ Sorry about your calendars getting lost. Grrrr. But it seems like you were able to reorder and get them.

~ I will send you a picture of the Gingerbread house some day. There is also a picture from the local newspaper of my husband and an elderly gentleman building it one year. It had to be built again every year. Looked just like a gingerbread house with a cool roof that looked like mints in pastel colors. Two or three kids would sit inside on stools looking out the window. They would have a plate of gb cookies ready for when people stopped. We had a ton of people stop! So you would drive up to our house, get out, and walk up to the gb house to get your cookies. We even had a tour bus of older people stop one year and we brought the gb cookies onto the bus. Would love to show you the pictures some day...after I find them.

Me:
Treadmill is broken. The grandkids have been using it a lot. They run on it, but hey, that's what it is for! But now the lights on the display come on, but the belt won't run. I tried reading about it in the manual and it talked a lot about the electrical outlet and the power needed. I called the tech guy and he is coming next Tuesday. He said he will probably know right away what it is. He said it is possible the outlet worked for a while, but then was not able to provide the juice needed...or however you say that. He also said it might need to be swapped out for a new one. So we'll see.

Trying to hold my own during the holidays. Not over-eating which is good. I have intense hunger and no energy. Not a good combination. But I will not let it win! Pretty determined, but not CapD.

K-Mom 10x4
  #731   ^
Old Fri, Dec-15-17, 14:46

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello Friendies!

Blue- when is departure for SF?

I bet your son loves the sweater. He strikes me as a snappy dresser. I got my DS19 two thin sweaters and I am curious to see how he responds to them. I think they are the kind that he would wear over a button down shirt. Not sure. My men aren't really sweater wearers but I think it can be a very nice look and DS19 might want to explore it. If not, they can go back.

I made wings last night and used a recipe that had 3 pounds of wings tossed in 2 TB baking powder along with salt, garlic powder, onion powder etc. then baked. They were definitely crispier than my other wings recipe and my Dh and son gave them a thumbs up.

I hope your dinner with your friend was good and your getaway and meal with your DH's family also was good. I want to hear about it!

Jaz- GO YOU with your A's!! Proud of you!
I hear your frustration over the 5 pounds. I feel for you and I'm sorry that the scale is not responsive to your efforts because you are almost always spot on. I just don't understand it!

THANK YOU for the updated picture of Baby Ava! I can't believe how big she is and soon to be going HOME!! And she has a little cleft chin, right?

Lori- Glad you are having fun with your sister. You are missing cold and snow here!
Glad you are getting a lot of down time now bc you have a lot of work time coming up!

Trig- super impressed that your wrapping is all finished. I have my purchasing completed but the wrapping is yet to be done. I need to just set up camp in front of the TV and get it finished.

Kmom- I hope you do find the pictures and share them some day. I really mean it when I say that I would absolutely love to see them. I can picture it in my mind's eye though. So sweet!!

How disappointing that your treadmill is already broken. I hope it is something small that can be easily fixed so you can be back on your way again.

••••••••••••••

I've been racing here and there and to and fro this week, which is no real surprise given the time of year. Yesterday morning I went out to DS19's college and took him to breakfast. I was hoping for any number of places other than a bagel shop but that is what he chose. Meh. But his company was good and nice to have him one on one before he comes home next week. He had just completed and submitted his first "big" paper at 16 pages so he was feeling pretty good about that. His GF is already home on break but he will be at school until the 19th.

After that I drove 30 minutes to Cost Plus World Market, which I hit up once or twice a year for stocking stuffers. It's the best for that! Then AWFUL traffic coming back- street closures and construction etc- barely made it back in time to pick up DS15 from school.

Today I had a CASA meeting over breakfast, then went to the ZOO that is Costco to pick up the pricier items for Christmas dinner- a 120 dollar beef tenderloin, three containers of Jumbo Lump crab meat, and a bag of large raw shrimp.. I can't remember what else. Those things always make me flinch cost wise but it is a really lovely Christmas meal and honestly, we do it well and have it down to a science.. that is worth something, you know? I will hit Costco one more time on the 22nd as I told someone I would take him there to buy Lobster tails that he wants to give as gifts. We will just brave the crowds and try to stay smiley!

I have on my red "JOY" shirt today. Hopefully it helped. Early dismissal at 1:30 from school kept me hopping too- I wasn't expecting that and didn't even know snow had been predicted. It sure does look pretty coming down although it is super small flakes and not the big ones. So we are in for the night!

Not too much else going on this weekend- a quiet Saturday and then Sunday a Ravens game and then I'll leave home midway to join my Girlfriends for seeing the movie Lady Bird and going out to dinner. On plan for some meals, not so much for others.

Anyone here a Star Wars fan? I'm not but I know DH intends to go next weekend with the boys and Fi and whomever else.
  #732   ^
Old Fri, Dec-15-17, 17:06

BF:

Nic......not missing the cold and snow at all! It started snowing here around 1 o'clock and is still snowing. 3-4 inches so far and we heard that the roads are terrible. We came home directly after lunch and are so glad to be here. Sis lives just outside of Philadelphia.

I called DH and no snow there. Seems I traveled to the bad weather! Is supposed to get up to 40 degrees tomorrow, so a lot of it will melt. We have no agenda tomorrow. We'll wait until it warms up around Noon and then head out for a little shopping and then an early dinner.

Jaz...loved the picture of Ava. Such a miracle baby!

KMom....cannot believe the treadmill is broken already! Hope it's an easy fix and that the process is hassle free for you.

Have a good evening and enjoy your weekend!
  #733   ^
Old Fri, Dec-15-17, 18:15

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

K-mom---I loved the description of the ginger bread house, complete w/cookies being passed out. Your kids must have loved all that. Bet it's great to have the house full of your family again, so cozy and fun. How great for your daughter and fam to just have to go across the street to stay for a few days. We have always wanted to redo our hardwood floors, but it's SUCH a big project with a max of inconvenience and work, not to mention the fumes, we've just never gotten around to it.

Sorry about the tread mill, but sounds like your tech guy has seen this happen before. I don't think you can break a treadmill by running on it.

Jaz---Happy to hear you so "jazzed" about school, and bravo on the 100%! We could all use some more "gold stars" in our lives. I think school is going to keep you very busy, not to mention moving along the way, plus work, but I also think it will make your life very full and challenging. Will this degree give you access to more and better paying jobs?

Are you still 5 pounds up, or was that a bad blip day? Do you FEEL 5 pounds heavier in your clothes? I can understand how discouraging it must be, because other than Trig, you really are the truest bluest LC person here. I googled why LC doesn't work for some people, and most of it didn't apply to you. But there was a few interesting things in there regarding thyroid issues which I know you have explored, but more depth there, stress/cortisol, and yes, ugh, calories. You've probably researched this yourself, but it was interesting for me to read too, as I too have been stuck forever. But then I'm not as stringent as you are.

Nic---Man, your Xmas dinner sounds totally fab!! When we do it here we always do a beef tenderloin with a great red wine gravy hubby makes. It's my fave beef of all. Add in the crab and shrimp and we're talking feast category! And yes, there is A LOT to be said about the tradition of doing it, and knowing just how it all comes together timing and taste wise.

I just have to note what a generous person you are w/your time. To your fam of course, but to so many others too. Squeezed my heart that you're taking a guy to Costco on the busiest day before Xmas to pick up some lobsters. Just one of so many examples. Kudos and admiration to you, pal.

Lori---I love hearing about it when you're w/your sis. You guys seem just two peas in a pod. So comfy and cozy together. You guys do a lot of things I love to do w/a pal---shop and eat and chill together.

Wow, your work schedule next week sounds stiff, but so glad to hear you'll have your Xmas Eve and day with your daughter, and a sleep over! I love that. When we were growing up we had many a Xmas Eve sleep overs with the cousins at their homes and ours. Such fun memories.

Trigger --- Counting down the days for you my friend, not till Xmas, but till RV time!!! Just around the corner now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had a lovely time at hubby's cousin's. They had two other couples over for dinner along with us and it was a lot of fun. Dinner was delicious, and actually, pretty LC. Except for the corn bread, which was where I went off the tracks. But as treat nights go, not as bad as it could of been regarding cards. But, I just ate too much. Period. Aaaaaaaaargh, portion control and me are locked in a lifetime struggle. I felt stuffed after dinner, and why can I not remember That I have grown to really hate this feeling?

I think it's a lot about immediate gratification for me, and food is one of the easiest ways to do that, particularly if you're in a less than stellar place. It's there, tastes so good, feels so good going down. Then it's over and it bites your
butt. After the new year, I need to tackle this again. Not so much the carbs, but the freaking portions.

Got home a bit after noon and we're in for a cozy night at home. We have a busy weekend coming up with a Xmas concert tomorrow night, and a Xmas party Sunday night.

Found out today that my SIL AND BIL on hubby's side might go up north for Xmas. We will be spending Xmas day with my family, but would normally spend one of the two nights with his family, in this case, Xmas Eve. So hubs and I were chatting about it, and decided if they leave town, we might just have ourselves "A Christmas Story" Xmas Eve. Just he and I, out to one of the many fab Asian restaurants near our house, then home for a fire and a movie. I am loving this idea. Might be disappointed now if they decided to stay!
  #734   ^
Old Fri, Dec-15-17, 18:44

BF:

Good EVENING LADIES! WHAT I AM POSTING AFTER BLUE?????

I was running late this morning and tons of stuff. But I see wonderful posts from you ALL!

Blue- Wait I am confused. I though you were going to SF to see your son for Christmas...... But now your SIL and BIL might be coming but not stay and then you are alone. I truly am losing it! Maybe school not a good idea. Help me here- ok if you say I just didn't read something.
I say this in love- just maintain. You don't want the struggle I am going through on top of everything else.
I read your post to me- twice! If I knew the answer to why I am not dropping ......... wow oh wow oh wow..... I AM doing everything right!

I love the cozy night at home with hubby. Times like that I do wish for a co-partner! Sighhhhhhh maybe someday!

Leeann- EXCUSE me did you say steak, shrimp and crab? What time do I need to arrive!!!!!! OMG yum- boy do you do it up right.
I wished though you had not said the ZOO at Costco- I have to exchange something there tomorrow. I am already dreading the lines!!!!!
I plan to see Star Wars this week too! Can't wait! You might like this one!

TRIG- glad you are having an easy peasy kinda week. Why don't you offer to come here and wrap for ME!!!! worst part of the holiday. One year I was just OVER wrapping. And I "bagged" everything. Boy did I hear about that!!!!!!!!!!!! "we want to unwrap- bags are boring". This might be a bag holiday for me! Outta time.

Kmom- OMG- your treadmill broken already? That sorta sux. Glad your computer is up and running! What are your plans for next week.

Lori- So happy you are having a blast at your sisters. We want details!
-------------------------------------------------
Ava goes home Friday! YAY - My daughter is so happy. Doctors orders though no visitors for 3 months. I am good with it. But some of the other family isn't . They are pressuring her a bit to come over. I ask her to hold firm.

I am wrapping gifts this weekend and cleaning. My son is coming in Friday. I am going to ask if I can work from home Friday.

So on plan- and feeling really happy about it. Scales not budging.
I am TOTALLY DONE with shopping!

OK ladies- I am SLEEPING IN TOMORROW.
  #735   ^
Old Fri, Dec-15-17, 19:29

BF:
Progress:

Jaz---We are going to SF on the Wed after Xmas and staying thru the new year. Will also have a chance to catch up there with a dear old friend who is struggling w/second round of breast cancer, and doing well w/it, but still. Will be so good to get my arms around her. Just 5 days there, but we'll squeeze a lot into it. Staying with son, as his room mates will be gone, maybe partly w/my pal too, to yet be worked out.

Thrilled to the gills for your daughter and fam with Ava coming home just in time for Xmas. Of course the docs do not want to introduce winter flu germs into her already complicated little life! HELLO, people. I do not get what some people do not get about this!
Closed Thread