Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-07, 15:52
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%
Default Hour Power #2: CAD/CALP Hangout

The main CAD/CALP daily thread- Hour Power- has reached 2000 posts and we needed to start a new thread! Post a lot!
Eno

Previous thread: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=236625
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-07, 16:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 340/285/175 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 33%

I've been plugging along....getting ready to go out of town for the weekend. It's our anniversary on Sunday but our weekend trip is to go visit DS#2. Haven't seen him since the beginning of June so I'm really excited to be going! It will be a whirlwind trip - leaving Sat. about 6 a.m. and leaving to come home Sunday about 6 a.m. It's a 5.5 hour drive but DH has to work on Sunday so we have to get back.

We are getting adjusted to DS#1's new work schedule which I think will work out better as far as meals. We have our RM at lunch and dinner is salad and a protein or protein/veggie shake. Before his hours changed, I had a lighter RM at lunch with DH and a heavier CM in the evening while DS ate a bigger meal. Now DS is eating the lighter meal, too, so it's much easier!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-19-07, 07:52
I'm your Huckleberry

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 262/234/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 22%

I'm getting all kinds of support at home! The evening meal has always been the big one of the day for farmers, so this works great for Cowboy Bob. I've lost 5 pounds so far, and I feel good. My low blood glucose numbers are my biggest reward.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-19-07, 14:48
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Rocks- that is GREAT!!!
Support really makes a difference.

I am having friends for dinner- they know I am on CALP and my friend is 'trying' to do CALP too. SO we are having spinach salad, grilled steaks, grilled veggies. Carbs are wine, fruit and cookies for dessert. I decided no starch with dinner- none of us needs to eat it anyway.
I am reading the Gary Taubes book and it is amazing! Read about it on the LC Research/Media threads.

Hope everyone has a great weekend- please post so we can hear how you are doing. Good, bad, off topic- tell us!
E
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-07, 13:42

BF:

I survived the weekend without too much trouble. There were a few small strays but I'm back on track. Up a pound but I think it's more PMS related and the fact that with all the driving over the weekend that I didn't get enough water.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-07, 14:02
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Woke up too early today and I was tired until the second cup of coffee- now I'd love another but I don't havae coffee after like 10am or so.
I am making chicken chili with the dark meat from a roast chicken. With a can of beans and a can of diced tomatoes I have a nice dinner, and DH can add on his carbs. I am going to skip on rice for him today- he can have bread or sweets. Of course we will also have a salad and veggie- spinach sounds good.
how are you doing?
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-07, 15:34

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Hello, I am restarting CAD because I've regained most of my weight due to health issues. My problem is cookingg....which makes this difficult or a challenge rather. My question is do i need to have a salad and a veggie at each reward meal or if the salad is large enough can it count for both....

Today I had eggs and veggies for breakfast with coffee and milk, no sugar sub.

Dinner: Spaghetti and meat balls, green beans, salad, slice french bread
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-24-07, 14:08
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Hi-
sounds great. The large salad can count for both- or extra veggies can count too. Your dinner could be over-carbed depending on the size of the portion of spaghetti and meat balls. I do CALP or CAHHP, both emphasize balance in the RM.
Sorry you were ill and glad you are back!
I am having curry chicken salad on a slice of bread, salad, and celery for a quick dinner. Tomorrow I am planning chicken in a curry sauce (detecting a theme here?) with cauliflower, salad and maybe ice cream. No plans for the weekend- maybe a day trip someplace.
Thinking of all the people in California- my heart goes out to them.

E
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-24-07, 21:34

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Thank E, I measured the spaghetti and meatballs and they were a small amount. I felt good afterwards. Tonight I tried to add sugar sub to my tea and it made me hungrier so I guess that's out!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-07, 07:18

Plan: CALP
Stats: 226/164.5/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 72%

Hi everyone. I figured it's time to de-lurk and join the crew! I have been following CALP since May and am down 39 pounds to date. I am amazed how much I have learned about how my body responds to foods from following this plan. Not only am I happy with my results, but I finally feel that I have control over what I eat. I love reading about everyone's successes and challenges on this board and figured it was time to join in.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-07, 15:07
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

wow! Welcome! I didn't even find this site until I had been on CALP for 4 months and had lost 30 pounds. Being here was a huge help. I also think being an active poster has been a factor in my success and my maintaining my loss.

No chicken tonight- DH is not coming home so I will keep the chicken for tomorow. Tonight is one of my favs. Salad, burger (no roll), sauteed squash, and raspberries.

I am going to read, watch TV and maybe record the Tim Gunn show on fashion. A relaxed night at home.
How about you?
E
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-07, 17:48

BF:

Hi Everyone! It's been a long, busy week for me. Struggling some with food this week. I think it's due to PMS/TOM....I don't often have this problem but for some reason it's happening right now. I'm working on getting back to where I'm supposed to be....
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-07, 07:30

BF:

Good morning all! Sorry to hear you're struggling this week Linda. Remember it will get easier again and think of how successful you have been so far.

When I started this plan I wrote down mini goals-which I never thought I would really achieve!!! They were:
10 pounds- pedicure
20 pounds- new jeans & dress
30 pounds- manicure & new hairstyle
and 40 pounds says - ???

I think it's interesting that I am struggling right around the point where I ran out of goals. So much of this process is mental for me and it took about 25 pounds before I believed in myself. Sorry I'm rambling! Has anyone else had success with mini weight goals?
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-07, 13:20
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi T-
I didn't have set weight loss goals, but I am a BIG believer in rewarding behavior change, so I did use rewards. I got a new pair of jeans everytime I went down a size- so I always had motivation that way. Then after I had been on CALP a few months I treated myself to laser hair removal. It took like 10 months, so it was a long-term process. And I have not shaved my legs or underarms in almost 3.5 years! I also had the bikini line done after I lost 50 pounds as I could see that I needed it (LOL!). I am really glad I did it.
For me, being on CALP is a daily reward as I am being sooo good to my body! I also love my new clothes and love the looks from my DH.

Anything you'd like?
Any ideas from anyone else?

CM: 2 eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon, coffee
CM: sliced chicken breast, brussel sprouts, water
RM (Planned) Indian food, out. I can overcarb a bit- I am actually down a pound or two this last week as I have been more balanced in my RM and have not had extra carbs. This is how my body works now.

One of my friends is trying CALP too- but she is fighting it all the way. Todayshe told me she is "doing your breakfast" and is amazed that she is not hungry the rest of the morning! She had been having bran cereal and than another big snack midmorning and was still hungry!

Later-
E
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-07, 05:49

BF:

This weekend was a challenge with a carb loaded Halloween party that I didn't want use as a reward meal. The pizza sure looked good but I've realized when I don't do my reward meal at home -on my terms- it's not only harder to balance but I don't enjoy it as much. So, went home after and made a nice salad and a chicken and veggie stir-fry. It was much more satisfying to sit and eat that then a slice of pizza on the go while chatting. I had planned on a bowl of cereal for after but I was satisfied so I stopped.

E, How is your friend doing on CALP after a few days? And wow- laser hair removal- now that's a great goal! I would love to get that done someday. Doesn't it hurt though?
Closed Thread