Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-01, 14:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 298/247.5/185 Male 6 ft 1 in
BF:36%/23%/12%
Progress: 45%
Default stalling and exercise

Hi, I have been doing great since I started the Atkins diet. (Started July 7th, lost 49 lbs) I recently bought a mountain bike and really got into it. I hit the trails at least 2-4 hours a day. I figure with all that exercise and my diet I should be losing huge weight, but instead I have been stalled. I seem to be losing at a really slow rate and I still have 30 lbs to go. Not one day since I started the diet have I exceeded 20 grams of carbs. When I go riding I usally drink about 1 litres of water per hour. I am thinking of stopping the riding for a while to see if my weight lose starts up again. Any ideas?

Dave
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-01, 17:14

Plan: Atkins(minus fiber)
Stats: 175/160/140
BF:
Progress: 43%

silly boy,
are ur clothes looser? u're probaby gaining muscle/losing fat, which is a much smaller volume than fat.. so the net change on the scale =0. For example a 150lb woman who is flabby will need to wear a larger size than a 150lb woman who is muscular/athletic etc.. you will lose pounds don't worry, but give ur body time to re-adjust itself with the new muscle etc.
Alot of people say muscle is heavier than fat.. but that's a misconception.. 1lb muscle = 1lb fat =1lb feathers
It's the volume that is different.
There are also many many health benefits from exercising other than weight loss.. so don't stop completely. Gaining muscle will burn more calories.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-01, 17:21

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: stalling and exercise

Quote:
Originally posted by Silly boy
Any ideas?

Listen to what Bluu said, and then go and measure yourself. I'll bet you've lost inches. It's a great idea when you need the motivation you're not getting from the scales.

Also keep in mind that the rapid weight loss that is experienced at the beginning of this WOE does level off eventually.

Hang in there,
Nat
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-01, 17:26

Plan: Atkins(minus fiber)
Stats: 175/160/140
BF:
Progress: 43%

thanks Nat lol