Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-04-05, 08:55

Plan: Whatever Works :-)
Stats: 242/234/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 12%
Lightbulb Marvelous Mother's Day Challenge

May 8th... is Mother's Day...
challenge will be 93 days (13 weeks and 2 days) long according to fit day.

This challenge would be for any one, not just moms, who is serious about getting those extra pounds off before SUMMER official hits! Weekly weigh in's of course so we can keep track of our progress. And for those of us who have journals.. it would be nice to find a journal buddy or buddies so that we can motivate,swap recipes,etc. during the course of the challenge.

I personally would like to lose at leat 28 pounds by May 8th.. that would be roughly 2.11 lbs a week.. but hey anything is possible. So if you would like to join, just add your name to the list and the challenge will start officially on Super Bowl Sunday ( 2-6-05)... you may weigh in whatever day you like. I will be weighing in on Sunday's. I am fully committed to this challenge because I have several mini-goals I have set for myself and this will just help me to get to my final goal. Hope some of you will join me...

Denise

List names alphabetically:

Babyphat......267
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 10:53

BF:

Looks like I am the only one doing the challenge so far. Even if I am doing this challenge solo.. I plan on finishing it! My goal is to lose at least 28 pounds, I know it will be rough..but I am going to do it.

My first weigh in is tomorrow and I can not wait. At this point I am apart of 2 other challenges. I really like participating in challenges because it gives me a goal to work towards and it also helps keep me accountable for what I eat and working out.

Well, until tomorrow...

Denise
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 10:10

BF:

Got on the scale on this morning and I'm down 5.5 pounds. That's 22.5 pounds left to lose by May 8th! My target weight loss for next week is 5 pounds.

Babyphat......267/261.5/
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 12:29

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

I'm in! I'll weigh in tomorrow or tues to see where I'm at!
Congrats on your loss!
I'll have to think on my goal for may. I do know however I'm shooting for goal by june 4.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 14:37

BF:

You're very close to your goal.. so I'm sure you will very successful!

Glad that you've joined the challenge for a minute there, I thought I was going to be doing this one solo. LOL

Babyphat......267/261.5/
Michelle
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 14:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163.5/157.5/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 16%

I'm in. I'd like to lose 20 by May 8th

RedheadPen weighing in at 163.5

Goal weight for challenge 143.5
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 15:08

BF:

Welcome to the challenge Redheadpen!

Babyphat....267/261.5/
Michelle....
RedheadPen....

Denise
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 16:12
Registered Member

BF:

Denise,
Thanks for the welcome. I am excited and looking forward to the journey. I have the WW the pounds tape mile 1,2 and three. The one where she has the hand weights (balls) Check out her website and look at the newest version. It's 60.00 but I was thinking I'm worth it.

Here is a recipe for pork chops I am making for dinner along with a Greek salad:

* Exported from MasterCook *

PorkChops with Dijon Cream

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
8 ounces Pork Chops
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons mustard -- Dijon
3 shots Worcestershire sauce
salt Pepper to taste

Blend 1/4 t. pepper, thyme and dry mustard and rub this blend into both sides of pork chops. Preheat pan or grill to high. cook chops, turning once until done. In a small sauté pan, warm the whipping cream to the point of boiling, stirring constantly. Whisk in mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper to taste. Return to point of boiling and remove from heat. When chops are done, serve with sauce drizzled over the top, with additional sauce on the side.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 333 Calories; 23g Fat (62.9% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 97mg Cholesterol; 778mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

carbs are coming from the Worcestershire sauce. Never realized it was that high in carbs. I use very little of the sauce just enough for flavor. After all, its about flavor!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 19:34

BF:

Thanks for the recipe.. sounds really good.

Denise
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 04:25
Registered Member

BF:
Cool

Morning GANG
OK I jumped on the scale this morning and it registered 160.5 NOW, that would mean 2 pounds overnight after the first day?

Do you think maybe its my scale? Today I will change the batteries and see what tomorrow brings. BUT BOY wouldn't that be nice if its correct.

Michelle,
I live on the East Coast. Dab smack in the bull's eye where the last two hurricanes hit.

My pork chops were delish last night. I'll have them again tonight this time with a different veggie.

I was reading an article the other day (think it might have been in women's world) they talked about super charge Atkins and how one movie star lost weight so fast. One of the things she did was eat the same things. I think there were choices of three entrées for each meal and thats what she had for 2 weeks with no snacks. Lost like 20 pounds. I've thought about it but I am afraid without some form of variety I would just jump right off at the end of two weeks. What plan or semi-plan are y'all following?

Hope everyone is having a great day.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 07:55

BF:
Wink Good Morning Everyone!

Hello people... I know, I know... I was only suppose to weigh on Sunday's.. BUT my husband forgot to hide the scale last night so I weighed again this morning.. three times I might add and it said 260.5!!! that's another pound loss in 24 hours. I don't know how and why, but it would not go up any further than 260.5... so that's my weight as of today and I am sticking to it.

Redheadpen..I'm on South Beach, but I would love to read the article you have.. what issue is it, was it a recent issue? I love South Beach, love it to death.. but hey whatever gets the weight off!

I woke up this morning with a scratchy throat and cough, but me and Leslie did our 30 min Walk and Kick DVD! I feel so good after I do the workout. I feel like a kid at Christmas, because tomorrow I go look for more of her DVD's.

Is anyone else working out today. Let's try to all commit to at least 30 min. 3 days a week.. is that do-able for everyone????

Babyphat....267/261.5/260.5/
Michelle....
RedheadPen....

Last edited by BabyPhat : Mon, Feb-07-05 at 08:02.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 11:07
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

I am in. I need all the help I can get. 13 weeks huh! Well I would like to be at about 175 by then. I have seen 177.5 before and I liked the view. I have to get cracking! I will use a Monday weigh in, as I need the challenge to do better on the weekend.

golflady59...184
Michelle....
RedheadPen....
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 11:10

BF:

Welcome Golflady59,

glad you joined the challenge! Will you be working out also?

Denise
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 12:31

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

Woo hoo! Looks like two of you lost! Way to go!

Red head, That must have been scarey with the hurricanes! BTW it is possible to lose 2 lbs over night. Yeah!

Golf lady,
I'll get cracking with you!!! I was 166.5 pre tom and would like to see that or less next mon when I weigh!

Are we going to report in with menus and exercise daily???

golflady59...184
Michelle....170
RedheadPen....
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 13:20

BF:

I think it would be good if we reported excersise and menus every day. I plan on doing it, but you all don't have to if you don't want to. I log it into my journal anyway so posting it hear won't be a problem. I am also using MyPlan, which is kind of neat. Glad to have you all doing the challenge with me, it was getting a little lonely there for a while.LOL

Denise