Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-01, 08:44
Pending Member

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 186/150/135
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default How do I add Picture/Icon to my profile?

How do I do it...?

Shirley
Florida
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-01, 09:02
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile avatar

hi Shirley ...

These small images are called Avatars. They are displayed below your username on all posts that you make. There are two kinds of avatars: those provided by the administrator and those that you upload yourself from your computer.

To add an avatar to your username .... click on the Profile icon (top right, just below the red menu bar) On your User Control Panel page, click on Edit Options. At the bottom of that page, you'll see the Avatar option .... click on Change/Edit Avatar.

You can select one of the cute avatar icons from the database, or if you have your own picture in a file on your computer, you can use that, by selecting Custom Avatar at the bottom. Use the Browse menu to find your file, and be sure that "yes" is selected in the Custom Avatar section. Then click Submit, and voilą ...

(note, your pic can't be any larger than 100 x 100 pixels, or 20 Kb, whichever is largest ... so you might need to use an image editor to shrink it down if necessary)

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-01, 09:03
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Shirley,

Simply click on teh "Profile" icon on top right, which gives you access to change all your options/profile fields etc.

For pics, go to Edit Options, and select the avatar option at the bottom.

Wa'il
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-01, 11:55

Plan: modified Dr. A
Stats: 214.5/214.5/150 Male 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool

Hi ShirleyL

Can I borrow your thread and ask an additional question to the two computer whizzes (or is that whazzs)?

How do you send a photo as part of an Email message instead of an attachment? I have just acquired a scanner that comes with Photoshop DeLuxe 3, Home Edition, but with no book of instructions.

Thanks ahead for any assistance,
Regards
Joe
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-01, 17:53
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default Joe

Do you use Outlook Express as your emailer? In the New Message box, when you're typing up the message ..... make sure you're using Rich Text (from the Format menu) .. this will allow you to format your email with different fonts, font size, coloured text, etc .. and add pictures, charts, other files etc ..

To insert a picture wherever you want in the email (beginning, middle, end) just position the cursor where you want ... then select Picture from the Insert menu. You can browse through all your files to find what you want, click ok, and voilą, there's the picture in your letter ..

I imagine that Netscape has similar feature for formatting emails ... the Help files would be a good place to look.

Congrats on the new scanner! I recently got a scanner myself, and it also came with PhotoShop Deluxe, but business edition. Alas, most companies are no longer supplying written instruction books ... the User Manual and Instructions are part of the Help files that came with the scanner's software. Open the Adobe program, and click on Help. There is an option to print it out if you wish. Having it on the computer is nice though, since everything is cross-linked, saves you having to flip back and forth through pages in a booklet.

p.s. - I am definitely not a compu-wiz. That's Wa'il's domain. I've just made so many mistakes, I am now an expert on what NOT to do!!

Doreen
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jul-15-01, 07:07

Plan: modified Dr. A
Stats: 214.5/214.5/150 Male 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool

Thanks Doreen!

Will let you know next Sunday how I have made out trying to send photos.

Regards
Joe