Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-22-02, 10:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, Protein Power
Stats: 252/245/145
BF:
Progress: 7%
Post New Schwarzbein book out soon

I was just on Amazon.com and noticed that they've got a new Schwarzbein book listed, to be published soon. Just thought you might be interested. Here are some of the details:

The Schwarzbein Principle II: The Next Step on the Metabolic Continuum

Book Description
This follow-up book to the 250,000-copy best-seller The Schwarzbein Principle shows people how to stop accelerated aging.

In her very successful book, The Schwarzbein Principle, renowned endocrinologist Diana Schwarzbein introduced her scientifically proven conclusion that degenerative diseases are not genetic, but acquired.

Many studies have supported this, proving that life expectancy is 75 to 90 percent due to habits and only 10 to 25 percent due to genetics. This means that someone who is genetically destined to die at age 100 may not live past age 60 because of poor habits and lifestyle choices that cause accelerated aging and premature death. Conversely, a person can live to 100 and be functionally healthy.

In this highly anticipated follow-up, Diana Schwarzbein, M.D., goes beyond the diet she introduced in her first book-which literally helped thousands of people lose weight-and offers a personalized anti-aging program for readers to heal their metabolisms and stop advanced aging in its tracks.

Weaving in groundbreaking research and provocative case studies-including her own regeneration and that of her clients-she will lead you through a series of eye-opening questionnaires, which identify where you are on your path to either accelerated or healthy aging.

Based your answers, she leads you to the "how-to" sections, which explain, in easy-to-follow and personalized detail, the steps you need to take to restore healthy functioning. For each unique situation, she covers five areas: Nutrition, Hormone Replacement Therapy (if needed), Tapering Off Toxic Chemicals or Avoiding Them Completely, Cross-Training Exercises and Stress Management.

The Schwarzbein Principle II is sure to follow the success of the first book and will help people live a more healthful lifestyle by embracing a regeneration process to prevent and reverse accelerated aging.

About the Author
Diana Schwarzbein, M.D., is a leading authority on metabolic healing. She founded The Endocrinology Institute of Santa Barbara where she sub-specializes in metabolism, diabetes, osteoporosis, menopause and thyroid conditions. Along with Nancy Deville, she coauthored The Schwarbein Principle. With Deville and Evelyn Jacob Jaffe, she coauthored The Schwarzbein Principle Cookbook and The Schwarzbein Principle Vegetarian Cookbook. Marilyn Brown is an educator and freelance writer. She currently teaches English and gives workshops for educators on teaching writing and literacy. She and her husband live in Bakersfield, California.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-02, 05:49

Plan: TSP
Stats: 185/170/130
BF:
Progress: 27%
Thumbs up Can't wait to read it!!

Thanks for sharing, Melinda. At my age, mid-fifties, I am already experiencing some of the down side of bad habits. Eating low carb is more than just a food program, it is a program for our total health.

I'll be on the lookout for the book.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 09:35

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%
Smile Also anxiously awating the book

I have mine pre-ordered from amazon. and am looking forward to it.

Thanks Melinda for the information!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-27-02, 23:50
amieK

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default First time I've heard of this!

Sounds great! I did a little quiz in a pamphlet I picked up in the health food store awhile back. When I tallied the results it said my biological age was 34, which is 3 years younger than my actual age! I hope the new Schwarzbein book will help me improve even further. I'll be ordering a copy on my next trip to the bookstore.

Thanks for the info Melinda!
amieK
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-28-02, 10:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, Protein Power
Stats: 252/245/145
BF:
Progress: 7%

I'm looking forward to this book too. The first one was great. She does an excellent job of explaining why you need fat and why low-fat diets are dangerous. Her explanations of internal cholesterol production vs. dietary consumption of cholesterol were enlightening too.

Ultimately, I'd like to try her plan but I have far too much weight to lose and all that organic stuff gets expensive. Maybe when I'm in maintainence.

~Mel
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 14:25

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 150/150/150
BF:13%
Progress:
Default Schwarzbein Principle Seminar in LA

Just wanted to let you know that there will be a seminar given by Dr. Diana Schwarzbein on Living the Schwarzbein Principle with lots of information from her soon to be released new book on Saturday July 13 at the LAX Hilton on West Century-for info go to her website at www.drhormone.com or call 760-674-9670 to register.