Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 14:37

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

JoAnn, it is not possible to gain 2 lbs of fat overnight - unless of course that saussage had over 7000 calories to it? NO? Go read the link that Karen posted in your Journal, it should calm you down.

Nat
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 14:41

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 180/176.5/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Thanks Nat!!!

That does make sense! I will most definitely read the artilce "Why The Scales Lie" .

I want to thank all of you for your encouragment during this little crisis of mine!

Jo Ann in TEXAS
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 14:44

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

I really don't think that it was the actually can of meat that made you gain the weight. If you follow. It was all the sodium in it. Remember it was not fat that you gained. You are retaining water.
Keep your water intake up. Atleast 64oz. minimum!!! And give it a few days. RELAX you will be fine and this will be a great learning experience.

Heather
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 14:51

BF:
Default Thanks Heather!

I have learned not to eat anything off of the list during Induction!

However, I do hope I can have a can of potted meat and a can of vieanna sausage and a can of Spam once in a while after Induction????????????????????????????????????? They were certainly good and a change from SOLID MEAT!

Hope to hear from someone about the question above.

Jo Ann in TEXAS
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 14:56

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Sure you can. Just keep your water up. Even if you weren't LCing you would gain water weight from these foods. You just probably wouldn't be so quick to notice!
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 18:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/145/140
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hi Jo Anne!

I'm so sorry about that bump in the road.........I be as frustrated as you!

Isn't Nat grand!? She's so knowledgeable and kind at the same time!

I got a copy of the Protien Power book and I'm going to give it a look through, too. Just keep on doing what you're doing until you find what fits. I'm so glad you're not going to give up! I'm really proud of you It would be so easy to fall back into that mode.

Stay strong.......we all love you and are here for you! (we're all waving to you!)
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 18:54

BF:
Smile Howdy Janet!

Yes, everyone on this site is so very helpful and kind! I just coulnd't do this without them and this Low Carb forum site! I love it!
No, I am not about to quit. I will "KEEP ON TRUCKIN" as we say here in TEXAS.
Thanks for all of the support!
Jo Ann in TEXAS
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 20:51
Registered Member

BF:
Unhappy Hi Jo Ann

Well, I visited FitDay and put in what I ate today. WOW! I had no idea I've not been weighing and measuring . I will from now on.

I'm going to post today's numbers in my journal (like a good little girl , but the bottom line is I had 22 grams of Carbs today. No wonder my test stick was pink.....not a shade of purple like last night

I don't teach tomorrow (I'm a sub at my granddaughter's school....she's in 1st grade...I subbed in her class today ) So I will really watch it..........dig out my scale (every time I think I'll throw it away, some little voice says, "No, you better not.....you might use it again." The little voice was right!

Tomorrow will be day 4.......I'm going to weigh. I don't think I've lost any because I haven't been keeping track like this. It was the avacado I had in my salad that did me in! I saw avacado on the list and thought I could eat the whole thing . Goofy me!

I'm haingin' in here, though. I know it's a journey........and there will be little bumps on the road.........so I'll just make adjustments and keep trecking

Well, I'm off to the Journal section.....tah tah
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 09:11
Registered Member

BF:

Well, I weighed today.....lost a pound. Guess it could have worse!
I'm hangin' in here! Weighing and measuring.yuck! Plus, I'm not going to eat unless I'm hungry! Wish me luck!
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 09:53

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Janet, 22 carbs isnt bad!!!!!!!!!!!! And peeing purple isnt better than peeing pink; it can be worse actually. Those stix are effected by what you've eaten, when you test and how much water you've been drinking. Darker isnt better - it just means you havent been drinking enough water! Ketosis is ketosis is ketosis.

Don't be so hard on yourself and if getting on those scales every day is going to start stressing you out stay off them!

Nat
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 17:08
Registered Member

BF:
Default Thanks, Nat!

Thank you so much for responding. You're right......I don't need to be so hard on myself! This is the first time I've been on the scales.....I know what you mean.......I can get depressed about what they say.....and I also know that you can't loose inches and pounds at the same time (I remember that from WW).

What about the fiber? I wrote a question about the fiber I ate yesterday in my journal. If you have a moment, I'd appreciate it if you would take a look and respond.

Thank you so much for all your help!