Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 14:50

Plan: atkins
Stats: 337/335/140
BF:
Progress: 1%
Smile Newbie checking in and reaching out

Hi all

My name is Dee and I'm just really getting started in the LoCarb arena. I tried it 2 years ago and lost 12 pounds. My highest weight ever was 358 and my lowest in the last 5 years has been 304. Right now i'm a yoyo at 335-333. And I am very tired and disappointed in myself. I had an actual surgery date in Febuary of this year and my surgeon cancelled it because I hadn't lost the 30 pounds he ordered. It's my fault. Now I weigh more than when I first went down there almost 10 pounds more! So instead of 30 pounds I need to lose almost 40 pounds and hope they still give me the surgery. It is all too frustrating. I have no one to blame but myself. So here I am following the atkins diet or lo'carb way of life. I had to literally deprogram my mind and tell myself this is how it is going to be for life. This weight is creeping off slowly so far I've lost 3 pounds since I started. I actually cut out all breads and rice and potatoes (sp) in May but kept eating fruit. I stopped the fruit and went straight on June 1 2003. I drink tea decaf with splenda or crystal lite. I'm getting tired of eggs but I will survive. I can use all words of encouragement please send me emails, it gets lonely out here sometime. My family thinks i'm crazy and depriving myself but they still love me and support me through this. Last night i passed over birthday cake it was hard but I did it. I'm learning to modify my meals, we had tacos I had meat, cheese, fresh homemade salsa, sour cream and no shell. It was still good. Dinner is no problem my problems are lunch and breakfast, I get tired of the same thing over and over. But you know what I'll eat it if it's going to help me to lose weight. I miss my atkins shakes I guess it will be a while before I can have them again. I'll probably stay in induction for a month or 2. Anyopne doing atkins with over 100 pounds to lose or lost, give me some advice on this.

I will get rid of close to 200 pounds in order to meet my weight goal.
I read a post on another board that said stop saying lose weight like we want to find it again. Get rid of it for good!

Current weight 335
Goal weight 140
pounds to get rid of 195
2 pounds gone and counting............................................................
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 15:17
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there Dee, welcome!

Have a good look around here, matey, there is a lot of information and support here. Don't miss the orange bar at the top of the screen - especially "Low Carb Tips."

And do go to our recipe forums. You'll find lots of ideas for low carb high taste meals there.

All the best!

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 15:25

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Welcome!

Try checking out the area of the forum called "Triple Digits Club" or TDC for short. It is in area where people who have/had over 100 pounds to loss meet to discuss the unique problems we have. See you there!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 15:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 337/335/140
BF:
Progress: 1%
Talking THANKS

Wow you all are so great and fast>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I just posted this messege and look I have responses!!

Thank you both and I will definately check out the info and you will see me in TDC
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 15:56

Stats: 172/162/125
BF:
Progress: 21%
Thumbs up Dn't blame yourself!

Just give yourself a big hug honey! It is so lonely to be fat. I know, I know. And it's so easy to feel down on yourself. I used to...all the time. First I went to the wonderful group of Overeaters Anonymous where I found many great friends. Now I am ready to go zero carb and have lost ten pounds the first week. Do you like cheese? I've found some great ones. I'm glad you've found this website - it's so cool! Atkinscenter.com is cool too. Best wishes to you sweetie!