Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, May-01-05, 10:22

Plan: My OWN general LC!
Stats: 146/141.5/115 Female 5ft4in
BF:not sure!
Progress: 15%

alison-did you get a cold? from it?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, May-02-05, 08:04

Plan: MY OWN
Stats: 143/137/125 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:
Cool threelac

no, i didn't get a cold from it, if anything i have not gotten a cold, or sore throat or anything the whole time, and i believe that it takes about 2-3 weeks of taking it to really affect your system
  #33   ^
Old Mon, May-02-05, 08:24

well day 7 passed; start of a new week and thinking about adding the mega minerals they sent me (free trial), I guess it is used instead of a multi vit., active enzymes say to take with meals to help digestion, and not sure I forget what the oxygen elements do. I was planning on adding 1 at a time ea. day to see how it effects me. does anyone elese use other things with 3lac?
  #34   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 02:32

Plan: don't know
Stats: 215/215/175 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default ThreeLac

I started taking cocoanut oil in an attempt to battle candida. I went thru the die off, gas, headaches, etc. Within a week, following no special diet, my bloated stomach started going down. Within a few more days, my itchy eyes and cloudy vision cleared up. Rather than eat it by the spoonful, I put it somewhere warm so it liquified. MUCH easier to get down. Just take a gulp out of the jar.

Then, I ordered ThreeLac online. I used the entire box in under 3 weeks. It states you should start off with up to 5 packets a day and then reduce to one packet for maintainence. To be quite honest, I don't know that there was any noticable difference. I had already done the die-off.

Threelac says you should drink plenty of water. So, now I do.

I started eating a good sized salad at lunch, drink water now instead of diet soda, and tried to stay away from deep fried foods. (Still taking cocoanut oil).
I layed off the pizza and most of the breads. Instead of a burger on a bun I eat a burger (or 2 ) on a plate. I still drink milk and eat cheese, peanut butter, baked potatoes, etc. Just lay off the bread and deep fried foods.

I attribute the weight loss to eating better and drinking lots of water. I think the cocoanut oil is sufficient to kill off the candida. I read somewhere online that people in tropical places who eat a lot of cocoanut products do not have any candida problems.

I have lost about 15 pounds in a month. I feel good, my skin looks younger and I have more energy.

Cocoanut oil is AVAILABLE IN STORES, unlike ThreeLac. It costs about 1/3 the price. It does not require any other products to work with it...
The "live" lactic acid spores in Threelac are also available individually in health food and nutrition stores for a LOT less $$$.

My advice... get cocoanut oil, stop eating fast foods and drink lots and lots of water. It is working for me, someone who lived at McDonalds, and Subway and who would polish off a 2 litre bottle of diet pepsi a day.

If beneficial bacteria were destroyed in your system due to antibiotics, they WILL return. You just have to give them some help by eating better and drinking a lot of water. Excersizing or just walking won't hurt either.

Sorry ThreeLac... But it just does not sit right with me that such a MIRACLE product is not available in stores, must be bought on a "distributors" website, or on E-Bay, where I got mine.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 08:01

Plan: Own
Stats: -/-/- Male 6'0'
BF:
Progress:

alison-you seem to be the big promoter (sure you aren't working for ThreeLac LOL)...but response from guys is negative...do you have any male friends who are using it?
  #36   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 08:32

Default What works?

What works for one person may not work for all-each eprson may have different symptoms as well.

I would first like to say that I myself do not feel like I have "instestinal problems" such as IBS, etc. My main OVERWHELMING problems were the extreeme fatigue (that came at the same time I was nursing my newborn and she got "Thrush" in the mouth), very unusual headaches, (not so much painful but as if my head were detached-like the moment before you might pass out or something-weird vision and all), and other "memory/thought" problems most lable as ADD/ADHD. As an act of desperation I WILL admit, I purchased Threelac from a website that had MANY "testamonies" relating to my symptoms and their success with it, not just the many other symptoms many people have with "candida".
I spoke with my mentor, he is someone that I value tremendously his opinion. If something works for you than stick to it.
Threelac has worked for my extreeme fatigue and a few other minor things I have noticed are "becoming" normal. However there is still the Enterococcus ingredient that bothers me. Someone posted saying lots of bad stuff about it, and I read MANY websites about the stuff. Aparently it is put in many thing including cattle feed to kill off bacteria like e. coli to prevent passing it to humans, and that Enterococcus is only dangerous to people such as AIDS, Cancer treated etc. that have a very low immune system.
Anyway, I am in search of finding someone with nutritional knowledge in my area that may tell me what I can take to achieve a "balanced" life for me and my girls. and as far as "diet" goes I will say the only thing I have changed is SUGAR. I started w/ atkins and was miserable to eliminate ALL CARBS and ALL SUGAR! I did so for nearly 3 weeks and said PHEWY! I now eat bread (sugar free/ or multi grain and sometimes very sm amt. of white bread), small amounts of potatoes, rice, and pasta, added nuts back in and some fruits.
I have not seen/felt and side effects from doing so-but I don't feel like I am allergic like some people to hardly any foods- but I now see what a HUGE effect sugar can have on a person! and just because I'm not a kid anymore doesn't mean I can eat "junk food" all day and skip healthy foods! So maybe in some way that is my Allergy! It maynot make me have "tummy" problems but it does make me have highs and extreeme lows, I can become VERY forgetful during the day, and have sort of "panic attacks" in high stress situations. This is why I am also becoming more convinced that Threelac is not a "Miracle" fix, that yes I too could find some other more affordable ways to achieve my balance and help my oldest daughter's Attention problems as well. I wish EVERYONE in the WORLD the BEST of HEALTH they could possibly achieve! God Bless!
  #37   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 07:50

Plan: MY OWN
Stats: 143/137/125 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:
Default Threelac and diet

hey Chelle, i myself love threelac because it helped ME, not to say that it will help everyone for all of their problems. I am a nutritionist and i am very interested in natural treatments and cures. I don't agree with people taking a lot of medications for things that could really go away with proper diet and exercise. I am not 'for' the Atkins diet, i do know that a balanced diet is best. Carbs are not BAD, too many carbs are bad. Sugar is okay, but not in huge quantities! If you have a thyroid problem, they will obviously affect you in a bigger way and you need to see your doctor ( or a nutritionist!) for a diet plan, but otherwise if you are healthy woman, you should be able to follow a diet that isn't as restrictive as a lot of these diets that crash at some point anyway. Do you exercise? Walk? If so, may i ask how much physical activity you are doing?
  #38   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 08:19

Default My Health

Thanks for your concern Allison!
I do "work out" now. If you look at my profile, you will see that after baby #3 I have some unwanted flab to address. Over many, many years now I have NOT needed to "diet" or exercise to maintain my small clothing size that I was. And as I said my whole rush in judgment/desperation for buying Threelac was primarialy ADD/ADHD. I think I am too young to have such a "forgetful" mind! etc., and the fatigue makes people think-"lazy/couch potatoe" and I hate that! When I lived in the pretty hill country of Texas, I would go hicking, boating on Lake Travis etc. and the way I eat has never really changed! I have always been a coffee aholic, etc. But what I do now is 1/2 the caffine (SOOOOO much better and no more SHAKES!) eat berries and nuts for snacks, and some carbs just small amounts (ie. one slice of sugar free bread, 1 scoop of scallop potates at dinner, etc...). I am so much happier that I don't have to change my entire life to try and control the ADD/ADHD things and other symptoms that I had bought Threelac to address. May I ask what your opinion is of the ingredient Enterococcus Faecalis?
I would like to start my 9 yr. old on Threelac to see if it will help with her ADD/ADHD symptoms and some of the other things she has (bad body odor, lots of flatulence, moodiness, etc.). She is happy to try what I am doing if it means she doesn't have to take "ADD/ADHD medication" any longer-and me too some of those are horrid and don't allow children any life at all! But yes I do now have an exercise gym and eat "better" now, cut down on coffee and don't load it up with sugar, I am still bad about not eating/skipping a meal if I'm not hungry or get too busy running errands etc. but I must say (i'm not sure if Threelac did it or the change of eating habit) when I would get "rushed" or realize that I was running late I would get these "panic attacks" doctors tell me I do NOT have high blood presure but MAN you would think my heart was going to blow up as well as my head! and now-I can "handle/manage" to make it through the moment with out screaming at the kids or feeling like I am fixing to die! and as a matter of fact I am a little less distracted by things that usual cuase me to be "late". HMMM.scratching my head..but hey I'm NOT complaining!
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-05, 18:46

Plan: a variety
Stats: -/-/185 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress:

Someone earlier mentioned concern about the e. faecium strain of probiotic found in ThreeLac. I just wanted to tell everyone that there are many, many different strains of e. faecium, and that it's usually one of the main bacteria found in our gut already! Here is some info I pulled up from a COMPETING product's website (not 3lac).

Enterococcus Faecium

This intestinal bacteria is present in large numbers in the adult colon. This is a fiber-loving bacterium with similar attributes to Lactobacillus casei. It appears to feed primarily on plant material and may be directly involved in the liberation and fermentation of plant lignins. Lignins are a group of compounds that have been documented as having powerful antioxidant activities.* E. faecium also is important in the breakdown and degradation of unusable components of the digestive process. As such, it’s one of the main bacterium that are important in the formation of fecal matter and is found in high concentration in feces.

I'm about to try 3Lac again. I took it for 2-3 months about 2 years ago, and had to stop because I couldn't afford it. I must say that in hindsight, my anxiety went waaaay down, my gingivitus problems improved, and I actually put on some weight. I was (and still am) too thin due to the limited food choices I've had to endure because of candida. But now I have a tiny bit more income, so will give it a go. Last time, about 2 months after my last three-lac (and Oxygen Elements Plus), my health went downhill, and has stayed there ever since.

Anyway, from what I've read, the e. faecium is a normal part of a healthy gut.

Dan
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-07, 21:46

Plan: none yet
Stats: 220/220/180 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default threelac

Hi,
I realize this is a really old post , but would like to add and bring this up again.

My husband and I are taking Threelac. We both have a self diagnosed Candida problem. My husband is taking Olive Leaf Extract as well. He started that first, and then started the Threelac. He has noticed an improvement.

Anyone else out there still taking Threelac that posted previously on this thread?

Sweetbon