Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 20:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/168/145
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Pretty Successful Weekend

I've made it through the first week of Induction. Survived the headaches and tiredness and they have passed. I have noticed that my appetite has dramatically decreased. The real test was this weekend. I spent the weekend in Florida at a seminar. All food was furnished for us so I knew I might have a problem. Breakfast was a real issue. On the buffet, all I saw was bagels, doughnuts, brownies (YES, I did say brownies were served for breakfast!) and tons of fresh fruit. There were the usual juices and regular and flavored coffees. In a word, practically everything at the breakfast buffet was loaded in carbs. Well, I met with the group while they had breakfast from the buffet and had a couple cups of coffee with them then I headed downstairs to the main restaurant. I went through their buffet line and had scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon both mornings. I feel like I passed some kind of major test or something. I have to admit that I was plenty proud of myself.

The lunch buffet was not nearly as bad. There was sliced roast beef, turkey and several hard cheeses to choose from and with my decreased appetite, I was able to eat with the group with no problem.

Dinner on Saturday night consisted of a group of us going out for fresh seafood. I had a steamed platter that consisted of lobster, Alaskan King crab, snow crab, shrimp, corn on the cob and new potatoes. I left the corn and potatoes and pigged out on the seafood, dipping it in melted butter, and felt no guilt at all. I did eat more than I normally eat....more than I normally ate before LC but I wasn't concerned about that because what I ate was "legal". Well, it was all legal except one little thing that I didn't realize until I tasted it. The salad that came with the meal was served family style and had the house dressing on it. It appeared to be an oil and vinegar dressing but when I tasted it, I tasted SUGAR. I have to admit that it was delicious and even though I had been very, very careful when I served myself to only put salad vegetables on my plate that I knew I could eat....well, I ate the whole salad. One of the people with me is familiar with the Atkins diet and she is also diabetic and when I commented to her about the sugar she told me that even she wasn't concerned about such a small amount even though she is diabetic. I probably should have quit after one bite but I admit I didn't.

I came home and had lost a couple more pounds! I'm sure I might have lost more had I not consumed as much on Saturday night and if I hadn't eaten that dreaded salad but it was truly a meal to remember. All in all, I feel I did pretty good for a real "test" weekend away from home. To be honest, if I could just use the bathroom I think I would probably lose another ten pounds with no problem! This constipation is NOT fun at all.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 20:54
TerrieP

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Water

Congrats. . . drink more water then you think you can handle. Trust me when my water isn't up to at least 125 oz a day, I pay with constipation, otherwise, I am more regular on this woe than my previous way or eating.

Make sure you get your veggies in too . . that always helps.