Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 03:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 310/250/199 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default Run Every Morning!

Well idk if its true or not but, several of my friends who are runners told me that you burn alot of fat if you run in the morning before you eat. They said because you have very few/0 carbs in your system when you wake up so you just burn fat.

I just take a fat burner then a power walk/jog the first .25 of the mile, then the last 3 i jog.

I'm planning on doing this every morning. Hopefully it will speed up my weight lose.

Everyone join in!

Just Check In Everyday, check in if you ran or didn't.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 07:29

Plan: Atkins/M&E
Stats: 165/127.1/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Hey, theBigLoss! I got involved in the summer body countdown which you started. It's when I finally started moving down the scale again. So, I think I'm with you on this too. Let me make sure I get what you're saying: you walk .25 and jog .75? I'll ease back into the running with that. I'd re-started running 3 months ago but stopped because of the stress to knees. I'll approach with the walk/jog and do so every morning. Distance will depend on how I'm feeling, but will keep it at no less than 1 mile total. I'm IN! Thanks for the challenge!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 13:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 164/153/138 Female 5'8
BF:size:12/8/6
Progress: 42%

Going back to home to Miami on Monday after years abroad. Haven't been able to run here (polluted Mexico City) so I am going to start Monday. I am hoping to just tone up and lose those last 5 lbs. I am going to train for a 5K as well (I can do one now, but VERY slowly). I'll check back next week!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-30-05, 15:08

BF:

OK, haven't checked everyday as planned but noone else has either. Didn't get one run in. HEAR THAT! Not one. HAd to pick up Sister-in-law at airport at midnight and it was a 45 min drive, one way. Then had to get up early to get her to hospital to see her daughter. Then had to hang so make sure all was OK, then . . . yeah, yeah, excuses, excuses. All real, but I've been beat. I'm starting over Monday. Sorry.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-02-05, 20:13

BF:

Hello? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

ahem . . . I got my first official mile in today and it was great. Hope to hear from someone out there.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 08:13

BF:

1.5 today.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-05-05, 22:15

BF:

Ran 1.5 Wednesday and Today, plus .25 walk. Guess I'll sign off on this thread as I can chart my effort on Fitday. Take it easy.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-06-05, 11:09
Registered Member

Stats: 150/149/135 Female 183 cm
BF:
Progress:

Hi. I would like to join too. I started my atkins diet today and I love running. I`m starting tomorrow morning. I hope that the wheather will be nice!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-07-05, 06:59
Registered Member

Stats: 150/149/135 Female 183 cm
BF:
Progress:
Default running

I ran today 2500 m. How are you doing? I feel so good about myself and this Atkins diet is great, I don`t like eggs very much, but I`ll survive.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, May-07-05, 07:08

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 153/150/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi Jen!

I see you just started! Your stats looked similar to mine. This LC is really great, and with exersize it works even better. I've lost about a pound a week, without watching my calories too much, probably because of the exersize. I've tried running on and off for years, and just can't get into it. I'd get to 3 miles, and had a hard time getting further. Then I began doing power walks on the trails behind the house, and I found what I was looking for! I include two good hill climbs of 600' elevation (and two downhill drops, of course!), and sometimes I do jog a little on the level spots. I try to do it everyday, it takes about an hour, but I have to get my DH to watch the boy.

I love eggs, but they don't love me much anymore. I can eat one two a day, otherwise it kicks in some kind of egg sensitivity.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, May-08-05, 06:37

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn_sandy
Hi. I would like to join too. I started my atkins diet today and I love running. I`m starting tomorrow morning. I hope that the wheather will be nice!

Hello back!! I was feeling like a leper in here! I love the Atkins too and am trying to get my diabetic SIL to change her woe! Didn't run Fri, Sat or today. Hit me . . . I thought I'd be clever and do speed work and really hurt my left leg. Resting but starting up again Mon. It's hard running alone as I couldn't possibly find someone who runs this s-l-o-w, but this challenge should make the miles easier.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, May-08-05, 06:37

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn_sandy
I ran today 2500 m. How are you doing? I feel so good about myself and this Atkins diet is great, I don`t like eggs very much, but I`ll survive.

I'm lucky as I LOVE eggs! What are you substituting for them?
  #13   ^
Old Sun, May-08-05, 06:46

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicknLady
Hi Jen!

I see you just started! Your stats looked similar to mine. This LC is really great, and with exersize it works even better. I've lost about a pound a week, without watching my calories too much, probably because of the exersize. I've tried running on and off for years, and just can't get into it. I'd get to 3 miles, and had a hard time getting further. Then I began doing power walks on the trails behind the house, and I found what I was looking for! I include two good hill climbs of 600' elevation (and two downhill drops, of course!), and sometimes I do jog a little on the level spots. I try to do it everyday, it takes about an hour, but I have to get my DH to watch the boy.

I love eggs, but they don't love me much anymore. I can eat one two a day, otherwise it kicks in some kind of egg sensitivity.

Hey ChickenLady! Now it's you, Jen and me! Neat! I agree with the exercise part, makes it much better. I envy your weight loss, as I tend to stall like no one's business. I don't think it's my age (42) or height (5'3"), so it's got to be a discipline problem. I'll work it. Walking hills is a mighty workout and I can get those in here in GA, but I don't think I can go for an hour! Stamina isn't the issue, I tend to get lost.

So, a mile (mininum!) a day it is. Everyday, or are we taking weekends off? What are you folks going? See ya Monday!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, May-09-05, 07:13

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 153/150/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi Jenn and Jande!

I try to do my power walks every day, but it doesn't always happen! I like to average about 5 days a week, and it's probably a good idea to take a rest now and then, or at least do something different. Spring is finally here, and I will mow the lawn for the first time tonite, if DH will get the mower going! It takes about an hour, too, if I really "run", and is also an awesome workout.

We went camping over the weekend, and I cooked breakfast over the fire. I fried up a pound of bacon, then cracked the eggs into the drippings so that they almost were deep-fat frying. I ate two, and they were the best-tasting eggs I've had in a long time! Maybe not very politically correct, though! But, they didn't seem to bother my stomach, so maybe I'm getting over my senstivity!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, May-09-05, 09:47

BF:

Eggs in bacon -- da bomb!!! Am (still grrrr) redoing kitchen, so I'm avoiding frying because of the mess. Man, now you've got me going for eggs! Glad that you're adjusting well to them.
I agree, 5 days a week. I really need the down time on the weekend because we've got so many other things to attend to. We're in GA so I don't like mowing at all. DH wanted the big lawn, so he can mow it or get someone else! Ran 1.5 today. Real smooth and slow, more like a shuffle. Shins are calves are fine from last week. All is well.
Closed Thread