Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-14, 00:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/142/125 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Atkins Products

How do I enter Atkins products into My P.L.A.N.? When I do a search on this site for Atkins it tells me there are no matches. Cheers
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-14, 00:52
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkdm57
How do I enter Atkins products into My P.L.A.N.? When I do a search on this site for Atkins it tells me there are no matches. Cheers

First of all, our search engine has unfortunately had to be dismantled due to the size of our site. Our webmaster tells us he will get it up again one day, if he can.

For the Atkins products - which most people here absolutely do not recommend by the way - you will need to enter them as a Custom Food. For info on that, see the FAQ sticky.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-14, 05:32

Plan: Low carb.
Stats: 190/183/146 Female 63.5
BF:
Progress: 16%

I hope you don't mind if I say don't eat this high priced rubbish, then no counting is needed. I'd love to know what Dr Atkins would have thought of them.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-14, 18:03

Stats: 152/142/125 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Thank you for the feedback. I usually keep just a few bars and shakes as my emergency rations. I tend to use them on night shifts or my 8 hour trips that I take 3-4 times a month. Are there any other ideas that would work as easily?
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-14, 22:49

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Thank you for the feedback. I usually keep just a few bars and shakes as my emergency rations. I tend to use them on night shifts or my 8 hour trips that I take 3-4 times a month. Are there any other ideas that would work as easily?

Yes, Me too. Emergency back-up. Insurance when there is nothing else low-carb and you have to eat....now.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-14, 08:13

Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

Quote:

Sounds good to me. For the six and a half months I was losing 1-3/4 lbs a week, I was eating atkins bars. If you're losing weight then it's just fine.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-14, 08:10

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Some people use Quest Bars, which can be ordered on-line, our GNC sells them by piece so you can try the many flavors. Ingredients are somewhat "more natural" less chemicals, but still processed. Also consider taking nuts, small individual waxed cheeses or string cheese, natural beef jerkies, etc.

Dr Atkins would likely think the bars just fine, since the company he founded produced them while he was alive. The 2002 edition of his book, includes ad/coupon for Advantage Bars, Endulge candy, Atkins Bake mix used in recipes, etc. Though I would like to think he might have changed his mind about the artificial sweeteners and wheat, and reformulate the products by now, maybe embracing some of the Paleo ideas.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-14, 08:31

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

I used to eat a lot of Atkins bars in the early 2000s.

But now I avoid most Atkins bars because of the soy. I called Atkins and they say they use Genetically Modified Soy, which is something I will not eat.

Atkins said that GMO soy is considered safe by the FDA, and I countered with the FDA said Vioxx is safe and it killed more Americans in 5 years than the entire Viet Nam war. She said in a low voice "I know."

The Genetically Modified Soy is full of Round-up, which can't be completely eliminated from the crop, and the Round-up has been proven to cause over 20 diseases, including breast cancer, prostate cancer, alzheimer's and parkinson's.

I avoid all soy, corn, cottonseed, canola, yellow squash, zucchini, and sugar (from beets) unless it is either organic or imported from the over 60 countries that banned GMO crops because of health concerns. (Of course I avoid almost all sugar, beet or cane.)

Canada, Australia, Russia and all the states of the European Union ban GMO crops (along with a number of other countries) so the soy, corn, cottonseed, canola, and others are safe from there.

I don't want to be in the hospital with something terminal thinking, "If only I hadn't eaten those GMO foods."

For emergency food I found Quest bars. High protein, very low carbohydrates, and no soy (whey protein).

It's just about the only processed food I buy, and as I said, it's emergency food so I don't eat a lot of them.

Bob