Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-02, 22:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/302/165
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Have no idea why I did it !!!

I introduced myself to this wonderful forum on Monday. I was uplifted, confident, and ready to commit (this time for good) to this WOE.

I went to work and we had a farewell luncheon for another nurse. I had every intention of LCing it and for no apparant reason, I walked into the room and ate a sandwich, bbq chips, all kinds of fruit..............and oh....let's not forget the piece of farewell cake.

Afterwards, I sat and thought "What the *^$* just happened there??

I didn't crave any of it......I wasn't DYING for that fruit or sugar. I almost felt the ketosis disappear with the 1/2 glass of pepsi I guzzled down. I was very disgusted with myself and sulked all evening.

This morning I got back up on the horse. It was yesterday....it's gone but damn, I'm still perplexed as to why it happened !!!!!

Confession by Jane
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 00:50
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 200/190/150
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Re: Have no idea why I did it !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by janesays
I introduced myself to this wonderful forum on Monday. I was uplifted, confident, and ready to commit (this time for good) to this WOE.

I went to work and we had a farewell luncheon for another nurse. I had every intention of LCing it and for no apparant reason, I walked into the room and ate a sandwich, bbq chips, all kinds of fruit..............and oh....let's not forget the piece of farewell cake.

Afterwards, I sat and thought "What the *^$* just happened there??

I didn't crave any of it......I wasn't DYING for that fruit or sugar. I almost felt the ketosis disappear with the 1/2 glass of pepsi I guzzled down. I was very disgusted with myself and sulked all evening.

This morning I got back up on the horse. It was yesterday....it's gone but damn, I'm still perplexed as to why it happened !!!!!

Confession by Jane
Okay we all do it . Force of old habits, That we are now trying to leave behind and change.Walking into a room of food and piging out. We must walk in room and find a nice person to just talk to not stand at food table and wolf down every living thing. All old habits are hard to breaK AT FIRST, But now you got great support people behind you and me , we can learn that new way together. Soooooo don;t be to hard on your self, Just start again .
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 09:35

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

Jane, interesting story! You're right, usually it is cravings that drive people off plan. I think Marie's idea that it's just force of habit may be part of the explanation.

Your attitude is good--just get right back on track. Also, make a plan for the next time you encounter the big office party. Imagine it fully--what foods will be there, who is there, what are the sounds and smells? Then imagine your own strategies for enjoying the party. What do you do when you're talking to someone eating a slice of cake and talking about how good it is? Where do you stand in relationship to the food table? The more accurately we can imagine such a scene, the more we'll already have the skills in hand to manage it next time it comes around. This WOL entails learning, coming to terms with the overabundance of carbs out there in the world. You're now on the way to that learning!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 20:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/302/165
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Thank you

Thank you Marieaa and Razzle........

I appreciate your support and encouraging words and I'm going to need them because now they are having a "superbowl" party this weekend at work...... Fortunately, I am bringing the ground chuck to cook on the Foreman Grill. I also plan to make spinach dip bread bowl and substitute the bread for myself with fried pepper jack cheese (mmmmm so crunchy and good).

I just keep telling myself....I will not stray....I will not stray

Thanks again !!!!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 20:13
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 200/190/150
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default I will not stray

I have a smaller grill I cook Chicken Breast , and tonight I had Hambuger, Mix Meat with spices, 1 egg, Dry mustard. pepper, garlic, after meat cook did onion ring *plain*. Placed this on plate of luttucce, With sliced Dill. So good and looks nice and youwill be very ful. With some colour sliced cheese on the side. Everyone will want to know were you got your plate of food. Don;t tell them LOL Your up beat so enjoy your football game party.