Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 18:27
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/260/165 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Fat Fast

Has anyone tried the fat fast as outlined in Atkins book? What has been your experience.?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 18:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 211.2/198/137 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi chillpill. I have not tried this yet, but wanted to let you know there is a forum on this page called tips and stalls and I have read a number of posts by people that have tried this, and their experiences. Hope this helps. Good luck. Queen Bee
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 19:46
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/260/165 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

I am not sure where to find that. Can you give me some more info on how to locate? Thanks.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 20:37

Stats: 211.2/198/137 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 13%

If you go to the start up page for this site, and look on the left side of the page there are a number of categories which are underlined, I think about the 5th main category down is one entitled Low-Carb Health and Technical Support. Tips and stalls is a sub-category under that heading. I know it is confusing to describe. Also on that forum people discuss different fat fasts. It is pretty interesting what people come up with, and modify the fat fast to suit their plan. If you still have trouble, ask again and I'm sure we will get you there eventually! Don't give up. Queen Bee
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 01:16

Stats: 240/230/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

HI! Just to let you know that I tried the Fat Fast. I am on Atkins and I talked to people on another Low Carb Message board before I did it. All these women emailed and said "DON'T DO IT". They thought it was a bad idea even for a week.

I talked to the people at the Atkins site and they said, go ahead, so, I did. I had 1/2 avocado four times a day with a teaspoon of tuna and a teaspoon of mayo. For Breakfast I had a deviled eggs. It was a long week.

At the end of that week, I had not lost a ounce. I continued on with the 2nd week of the Fat Fast where you get to have meat. I only lasted 4 days. I was very nauseated. But it very well could have had nothing to do with the Fat Fat, it could have just been my depression about not losing on this diet.

I am in induction for 5 months today. I have a net weight loss of 10 pounds after all these months of induction. I just hate that. But I am sticking to it and hoping for a miracle.

I am not discouraging you from the fat fast, I just know in my experience it did nothing for me and was not a nice experience. It will, however, make you really appreciate being in induction which is soooo much easier than the Fat Fast.

Let me know if you try it.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 15:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 330/276/150 Female 5' 1/2
BF:WAY TOO MUCH!!!
Progress: 30%

I did it for 4 days and did lose a pound I think at first then stalled...for the last 3 weeks! It took switching to CAD to get the scales moving again. I'm not able to go down to what my body sees as starvation. It seems to have to have more fiber and less fat to do the best and feel the best too.
I did alternate meals of the chicken/mayo...eggs/bacon...chicken sal/avocado(1/4)...macadamia nuts...2oz cr cheese.
I could NOT feel satisfied on the macadamia nuts though...seemed to only make me want more and still feel too hungry so I had to stop them. It did put me into ketosis though.
Good luck if you attempt it.
Pat
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 19:01
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

I did a modified fat fast - not cream cheese or nuts! Almost No dairy and slightly more protein (70-80%) I was tired and didn't exercise like I regularly do but the results were amazing. You can see pics in the success stories.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=119148

I would eat things like a SMALL baby spinach salad with a crumbled hard boiled egg, some flax oil, vinegar, pepper and a sprinkle of parmesan
-1 hm egg mashed with 1tb mayo and 1/2 to 1 oz real bacon bits.
-avocado salad
-green beans with butter
-1oz bacon w/ 2 tb sour cream and some scallion
-tuna with horseradish, mayo and "unketchup"
-homemade fish or beef patties made to nutritional specifications
etc. you can get creative, just use fitday to make sure everything is in the right ratios.

It is hard mentally but if you follow through and don't "munch" bits and bites of what you're not supposed to I believe it is a great tool.