Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-15, 14:56

Plan: You tell me...
Stats: 224/209/140 Female 5,4
BF:yes. it is.
Progress: 18%
Default Pancake day!!!!!

Just a bit of fun really - or part of seriously adhering to lent, depending on your perspective...

But its shrove tuesday aka pancake day on Tuesday!

I just wondered if anyone has any recipes for pancakes or carb friendly toppings or tips they'd like to share?

The one i'm planning to make is: (and i take no credit for this, nor have i tried it (yet!) - its from primal palate.com) but it looks simple enough, i can accomodate the carbs, and the ingredients aren't too hard to source!

Serves: 4
Calories: 343
Total Fat: 29g
Total Carbohydrate: 12g
Protein: 14g

Ingredients
1 3/4 cup Blanched Almond Flour
2 Pastured Eggs, whisked
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground Nutmeg
2/3 cup Water
1 Tbsp Salted Butter, for frying
Process
In a small mixing bowl, whisk two eggs.
Pour almond flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a medium sized mixing bowl.
Add vanilla extract, and eggs to the bowl.
Mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
Add water, and continue to stir.
Heat 1 tablespoon of grass fed butter or coconut oil in a large non stick skillet.
Using 1/8 cup, scoop batter into the frying pan, leaving enough space in between pancakes to flip.
Cook 2 minutes on the first side, flip, and cook for a remaining 1-2 minutes. Add additional cooking fat as needed. (It helps to flip pancakes back and forth a bit to ensure they are cooked through.)
Top with your choice of grass fed butter or coconut oil, and a sprinkle of cinnamon, and serve.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-15, 15:55

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

flaxmeal makes very realistic pancakes.

also i like to make a loaf of bread from coconut flour, and then make into french "toast" (i bake casserole style as coconut flour is very crumbly and would not flip well).

i used to love almond flour for these things, but my boyfriend is allergic.

for toppings- butter! sometimes we use sf pancake syrup (if you like "real" syrup, this won't do it. think of an aunt jemima sub, nothing more )

hands down favorite: take any berries, add a bit of sweetener, microwave, stirring 30 seconds until bubbling, and syrupy.

Serve any of the above with sausage, and we have dry champagne when feeling fancy for brunch
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-15, 16:44

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

I've made this recipe numerous times: http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/20...luten-free.html

What I've been disappointed in is the sugar free syrups. Have tried numerous brands and think next time I'm going to try to make my own.