Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-14, 07:04

Plan: Low carb/Keto
Stats: 335/334/200 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 1%
Default Food

Hi

Do you find a certain food that may stall your weight loss?

Cheese seems to be my problem....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-14, 10:23

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/209/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 79%

Lots of people have trouble with dairy. I'm also trying to cut it down, but I just can't give it up completely yet. (butter and cheese). Peanut butter may have to go as well for me. :sigh:
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-14, 10:27

Plan: LC with CO
Stats: 479.6/475/299 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 3%

I try to limit my dairy too. I still have it, just not every day and I try to be mindful of it.

I may have to start watching my sodium intake as well. My feet & ankles are hugely swollen even while drinking a gallon of water a day. Ugh!!!

It's never just one thing is it?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-14, 11:55

Plan: Atkins/Keto-Queen
Stats: 257/151.0/150 Female 5-8
BF:
Progress: 99%

Since being "gently" reminded when I joined this group I have given up:

LC tortillas
Atkins products (I have maybe 1 a month now)

And wow gee what a surprise....day 3 of no cheese for me. Going to see what happens after a week and add back if I can. 2-4 oz is tricky when you love it so much.

Next on the list will be "powdered splenda" will NOT add that back, was told next purchase should be in liquid form.

I hope others post their "stallers" will make me more mindful with others comments.

Have an amazing day ~
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-14, 10:21

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

Thank goodness i have not reached a "true" stall yet (i did get set back two weeks on NYE and Easter when i had a off planned meal) but i am prepared for when and if it occurs.

Being a decaf coffee drinker i am starting to focus on logging my dairy intake as its easy for me to go overboard esp on weekends so that is def' something i have to keep an continued eye on.

Last edited by Maori : Fri, Jul-18-14 at 10:36.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-14, 11:41
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDinCA
LC tortillas
Atkins products (I have maybe 1 a month now)

I did the Atkins shakes in the beginning. It helped be get this WOE going and got me through the 'crave' period. I don't think they were an issue for me other than the fact that they didn't work as a meal substitute as I'd hoped. I found real food stuck with me longer and gave them up when I no longer needed a chocolate craving squashed.

LC tortillas do have relatively high carbs, lots of fiber - and are therefore reasonable in net carbs. I stayed away from them for the first several months. I did try them recently, though; and have concluded that they do appear to be no-no's for me. I've had 3 of them - one a week for the past 3 weeks. The good news is that they don't cause carb cravings. The bad news is that each time I've had one, I'm up 5 pounds on the scale for the next few days. It is almost like they knock me out of ketosis for a while. After a few days of grief, the pounds come off as fast as they went on. Three times was enough -- I'm done with the LC tortillas. I may reconsider them in maintenance - but they don't seem to work for me in weight loss.

I eat some dairy and it does not cause me any trouble as it does for some people. I normally don't snack on cheese -- I have it in or on things. If I snacked on cheese, I'd probably over-do it.

Nuts are a problem with some people. They are easy to over eat. I do eat them - but limit myself to an ounce or so as part of my weekday lunch. I can't eat too many if I don't have any more than my snack sized amount at work.

The bottom line is we are all different and need to find out what works and doesn't work for us as individuals. And this will probably change over time. There may be things I can eat now and still lose -- but will cause issues when I'm in latter stages of my weight loss period. We just have to figure it out as we go along.