Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-09, 13:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 194/178.0/135 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default what to do when you've just cheated?

Yikes! I've been sick with a cold for the past week and the thought of anything not carb laden has been difficult! I know, I know....So now what? I've had a complete carb nut day, feel even worse than I already did, and have had enough of it! Ready to get back in the game now. What do you eat for dinner when you've cheated all day?!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-09, 13:39
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknov
Yikes! I've been sick with a cold for the past week and the thought of anything not carb laden has been difficult! I know, I know....So now what? I've had a complete carb nut day, feel even worse than I already did, and have had enough of it! Ready to get back in the game now. What do you eat for dinner when you've cheated all day?!

Just get right back on your plan...forget what you've eaten and forgive yourself.

If it were me, I'd have a nice rare steak and sauteed spinach. and drink all your water!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-09, 13:42
Rock'in Arizona!!!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 470/400/300 Male 6'7"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Like Judy said just hop back on the LC wagon. I usually do 2-3 days of induction if I want to jump start weight loss! Not a biggie when your sick, your sick! Just hop back on plan! Hope your feeling better...Bru
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-09, 13:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 194/178.0/135 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 27%

Thanks Judy and Bru! I will do just that...Steak and green veg and plenty of water.
Actually I am feeling better, thanks...But it was also my bday Saturday (cake!) and my son was sick too...it's just been one thing after another, ya know...But hopefully next time I hit a rough patch I'll keep on with my w.o.e....I feel double bad after eating all that bad stuff again! I now see that low carbing is my lifelong friend--my skin, moods, body, everything improves when I'm on it.

Thanks again!
Katy
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-09, 15:44

Plan: quasi paleo + starch
Stats: 153/148/118 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 14%

It's hard to remain LC when ill, just forget about it, just get back up, brush yourself off, and enjoy that steak & salad!

Spring is just around the corner, and warmer weather will make the WOE lots easier!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-23-09, 11:57
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 257.5/239.5/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

I agree with going back on inductiona a few days. This is what a body builder friend told me. "You can eat crappy all day and eat a clean healthy meal and you will not change your body, just like you can eat clean all day and eat one crappy meal and you will not change your body". I say this to myself when I slip up and it keeps me focused on getting back into the game. It is about changing your life forever not just until you lose the weight. You are worth it!