Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-11, 22:25

Plan: Evolving and learning
Stats: 226/144/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

First day of TOM and OMG, I'm up about six pounds already. It's so utterly depressing. And I'm SO tired. I've contemplated going on the pill but THAT will make me gain weight, too! Why can't I be one of those women for whom stress, hormones etc make them LOSE? UGH. I'm so moody!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-11, 04:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/194/130 Female 163 cm, 64 inch
BF:do not want :(
Progress: 15%

The pill may not help. I take it and have just started a mid cycle bleed, it's like a full TOM.

I started LC 13th June.

I just hope that I don't get them again at the end of the pill pack.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-11, 07:50

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I know we don't like to hear this, but exercise is a great mood buster. My last TOM was horrible, the first day. I declared that I wasn't getting out of bed, don't even bother with me type attitude, and thats not me! We had plans to go to a flea market, it was over an hour a way, I flat out refused to go. My BF finally got me up, helped me dress and crammed me and the dog in the car (he really had to work at this). The ride was miserable, but once I started walking around and getting my mind off TOM, I was much better. I bleed heavy that day and had to stop at a couple of porta-potties to change napkins, but the exercise, fresh air and taking my mind off TOM was the answer to my problem. The ride home sucked, and I was physically drained when we got home. Next day I was fine and thankfully, the rest went pretty well. It should, I think I bleed it all out the first day.

Fun exercise is a mood booster, force yourself to go do something fun, helps take your mind off your troubles. IF he left me to lay in bed all day, I would have wollered in my own depression and never felt better. Best of luck.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-11, 19:42
Registered Member

Plan: Akins
Stats: 210/177/135 Female 5ft 2 1/2 in
BF:
Progress: 44%

I got fibroids taken out and wish I had it done 5years ago! My periods r so light! OMG! I want to sing and dance in white shorts! I am working with panty liners and those little cheap tampons (don't have to buy expensive OB anymore). One tampon soaked in one day is my heavy day! Smiling...
PMS well that is another story. I just want to eat and eat. Any progress I have achieved beforehand is gone in 3 days. Sigh. Don't stand too close to me cuz I will eat u too...happily though cuz my periods are so light
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-11, 07:06

BF:

Ya, the eating part is horrible! I always binge at least one day before my TOM, usually the day before I start. BF says I'm not bitchy, just express my feelings a bit more than normal, I never yell, I just don't let it go All that suppressed anger tends to excape that day.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-11, 07:13

BF:

I almost forgot, my TOM is due to start this coming weekend. BF is worried that It wont be over before trapping starts, he wants me to help him set out and set the traps (he has some new traps that are dog and cat safe, only coons can set them off, they are pretty cool) He may be in luck, it should be over by then, at the very least almost done.

Wonder what he's going to do about deer season, not let me in the deer stand? Maybe a buck would happen by and like me, he he, I could get the "trophy buck this year. Bet that would put him in a great mood I actually only want to hunt for does. The meat is better tasting and tender, I don't care for a deer head hanging on the wall, we are arguing now, about where he's going to put his next trophy buck.