Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-00, 13:25

Plan: Low Carb Whatever?
Stats: 263/230/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Angry

Hi All
Well I fell off the diet, I will blame it on my monthly visitor and the discouragement over my lack of weight loss in 2 months. However.... I have decided to dive back in with the Stillman method to see if that makes any difference. I have been reading other methods of weight loss and wonder how they compare to this in speed. 5 lb's in 2 months is not my idea of success or speedy weight loss. I want something that is fast or faster!! *LOL* Don't we all!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-00, 16:23
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Sadai,

Chances are, if you have a slow metabolism, it will remain slow on any diet, unless you find out what is slowing your metabilism. Check the comments from this thread:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?threadid=276

One thing I'm wondering about is that eating too little in an attempt to lose more weight, may work against the dieter, since we need to increase our fat burning capability.

Share with us what you're doing and we might be able to spot some things that might help.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-00, 16:34

BF:

So far today all I have had is a small piece of chicken... and lots of water!! I know that is not much, but I really have a problem, I am always so busy working that I get lazy and would rather go without than have to cook up something!!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-00, 17:18
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile

hi Sadai,

Being busy isn't being lazy. But you do really need to be prepared. When you cook meats, chicken etc, always cook extra to have cold in the fridge for quick meals over the next few days. Cold chicken and strips of roast or leftover steaks and burgers are delicious in a dip of sugar-free mayonnnaise, with a little dijon, horseradish or Tabasco, or your choice of herbs & garlic. Or boil up 1/2 dozen eggs. Scrambled eggs and omelets anyway are fast and easy, add some grated Swiss or Cheddar cheese. Roll sliced deli meats around a dill pickle. Stock up on the little cans of salmon and tuna and smoked herring fillets. Pay a visit to a health food/sport nutrition store. Don't be put off by the pictures of muscle-men on those big canisters of protein powders. Read the labels, make sure the one you pick is low in carbs, some aren't. Most of the whey and isolated whey protein mixes are quite tasty, and they are very high in protein. One of these can replace breakfast or lunch.

Do not undereat. I can't emphasize it enough. If you are genuinely not hungry, just eat a small amount, only more frequently. Many people do anyway, because that is a really good way to keep blood sugar levels stable, and cravings at bay.

take care, and keep us posted how you're doing,

Doreen
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-00, 17:53

BF:

Just a little insight into my chaotic life!! I recently bought a large bag of frozen chicken from Cosco and thinking I could use them for a quick meal. I then put them all onto a baking sheet and set them to cook. *Broil* I then got slightly distracted with work, since I work at home, its hard to get away from it ... needless to say I don't have the chicken anymore...*LOL*
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-00, 18:12
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Talking been there, done that

Confession :

It's a good job the emergency fire hose is right outside my apartment door. "Burnt Offering" has occurred in my kitchen too. Hint, get a digital timer, either one with a really loud alarm OR, what I got was a small one with a magnet and a clip, so I can take it with me. If I'm here at my desk, I can just put it beside me, or stick it to my filing cabinet or if I'm doing laundry, I can clip it to my jeans pocket. Under 10 bucks, and cheaper than wasting a whole batch of chicken.

Doreen

[Edited by doreen T on 14-12-00 at 19:19]