Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 16:48

Plan: have not startd
Stats: 195/195/150
BF:
Progress:
Default Vitamins

Does it matter what vitamins im taking if im not eating alot of greens?

Today i started taking some Centrum vitiamins(From A to Zinc).
Will they do me any help?

Any feedback is welcome, thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 17:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Hi John,

I take potassium too amongst other supplements (my choice of course). I do believe your multi vit. and potassium is a good idea, and yes they do help. Calcium Magnesium is also a good recommendation here for any leg aches and it sure helps one to sleep better too
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 18:56

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

John, due to our modern diets just about everyone should be taking a Magnesium supplement. Most of us are deficient in magnesium and it is a very important mineral. It is Mag that lets the calcium and potassium do it's job; it also plays a role in over 325 biochemical reactions in our bodies.

Calcium is another mineral that you would benefit from by supplementing. Getting calcium and magnesium in one dose is what most of us do. The pills usually come in a ratio of 2:1 (333mg calcium / 167 mg magnesium) Take one three times a day with a meal and save one for an hour before bed. Magnesium has a soothing effect and will greatly improve the quality of your sleep.

One of the things that happens to you when you start LCing is a flushing out of toxins and excess water. Along with it you lose electrolytes. Potassium is something you should be supplementing during your LC Journey. The Eades of Protein Power recommend 400mg a day which you can take either via a tablet (or 4 as they usually come in 99mg) or with a product called "nuSalt. 1/8th of a teaspoon in a very large glass of water will give you over 500mg of potassium. Be sure you are well hydrated when taking potassium.

HTH,
Nat
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 20:29

Plan: have not startd
Stats: 195/195/150
BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks

Thanks for the info you two.

Greatly appreciated. If i had a working scale I would like to see my progress but I don't hah. Going out to get one soon enough though.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 21:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 56%
Default Hi John

I feel good taking these supplements:

Multi Vitamin Plus All You Need Is One (Natural Factors)
Calcium/magnesium 500mg (Chelated)
Vit B 100 Complex Jamieson Time release
Vit C 1000mg
Vit E 800IU
Potassium 92mg
Omega Essentials 3-6-9 1200mg
L-Glutamine powder (sugar cravings only)
Coenzyme Q10 100 mg
Chromium Picolinate 200mg
Bee Pollen 675 mg

Welcome to this wonderful support forum, best wishes!