Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-16, 07:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 450/411/200 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Looks like you are my people

I have more than 100lbs to lose so this must be the section for me. And as they say, the struggle is real. I am not new to being heavy and I am not new to losing weight, but I am new to this forum and I am new to this level of commitment. Now I just have to remember to block out the urges and focus on the prize!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-16, 08:24
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

Welcome, you are in the right place Have a read around, there is great info in the forum, and may I recommend you look at Ken's (Khrussva) journal who started at a similar weight and has reached goal and has lots of great info and advice.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-16, 09:15
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Yes your are in the right place. Join us. Stay a while. You will have good days and some not so good days ahead. Just don't stop. Keep at it. Keep learning. Move in the right direction and you will get where you want to be. If you stick around here, you will find the support you need to make it. I wish you the best and look forward to following your journey.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-16, 09:37

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 212/169/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Yes, we are your people!!! So happy you found us. Whether we have a little or a lot to lose, low carb high fat is a one-day-at-a-time thing. We have so many weight loss and non-scale-victories (NSVs) throughout this journey, it's fun to share them with each other. I wish you good luck. You can do this and Ken (Khrussva) is indeed a fabulous example and support to us all.

xo
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-16, 13:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 450/411/200 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Thanks everyone. The worst part is the wait. But I didn't become a wide-body overnight and it won't go away overnight either. I just have to take it one day at a time!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-16, 18:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 320/280/180 Female 66
BF:
Progress:

It looks like you're my people too. I actually started back in March just cutting out carbs and sugar I was probably in the 320 lb range as of 6/19/16 I was 299. I do mostly Atkins, meat, eggs, some veggies, salad, I had an elevated A1C and gave up sugar, bread and pasta the usual carbage. I have had an occasional indulgence meal, I get back on program. Lately I feel like I need to stay on a more strict plan.
It is over whelming to think of the future(how much weight i have to loose) so I've decided the only way I can cope with this is by doing 10 lbs at a time. By the end of July I will be in 280's. I realize I may need to tweak some things but I hope this group comes to my aid with advice and wisdom.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 07:00

Plan: atkins/LC
Stats: 275/198/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 59%

Welcome to you, and to luckyseven. To be successful, follow these rules:
1) start only eating 'on plan', even if you overeat on plan.
2) If you go off plan, see step 1.
3) keep your eyes on the long-term goals, and the non scale victories. (luckyseven - I lowered my A1C to 5.3).

All of us that are overweight KNOW that we are overweight. We don't need some knucklehead stating the obvious. What WE need is to make time for ourselves, to enable ourselves to stay on plan, to do good things for our bodies and our futures. WE are important, and our health is important. We will also benefit everyone else that we love by getting healthier, which will lead to being around longer (and so hopefully with less medical issues). This is hard - mentally, physically, emotionally - on every level. If biology cooperated and you could lose as fast as you gained, life would be one heck of a lot easier!! But realistically - one day at a time, one meal at a time, and if necessary, overcoming one setback at a time. Hard - God yes. Impossible - Hell NO!!
Good luck!!!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 08:07

Plan: Keto (LCHFMP) + IF
Stats: 265/188/150 Female 61 inches
BF:Highest weight 290
Progress: 67%

We are your people. Sometimes I struggle to remain quiet when someone only has 15 pounds to lose and they are upset that their weight loss is slow. Those of us in the Triple Digits Club have a long road ahead of us and it's hard to relate to those with so little to lose.

But, I must always remember that everyone has their struggles -- and the last thing I want to do is judge someone just from their size . . .

What I love is that there are a lot of people here who lost over 100 pounds (some much more), and then maintained it. When I need encouragement I look over their successes and their journals. No matter what anyone says, it can be done -- and it's very inspiring.

My new thing is that I want to understand the science behind why we are TDCs, because once you understand that, you feel like it's not really all your own fault that you got fat -- but that your hormones need regulation. Your insulin is always higher so you're also working at a different level than a thin person. There's a lot more to it than that, but I'm trying to understand it -- knowledge is empowering.

Anyway, sorry to get off on a tangent, and welcome!