Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-14, 13:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins - Balancing
Stats: 313/250/200 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%
Default Putting it in perspective...

The other day I was moving a portable air conditioning unit and when I picked it up, I thought, "wow, this thing is pretty heavy". I decided to put it on a scale and found out it weighs almost exactly 60 pounds.

As I lifted it back off the scale, my thought immediately turned to my weight loss. I had just crossed the 60 pound barrier and I couldn't believe that I was carrying that much extra weight on my body. I am a pretty big guy so 60 pounds is not really a significant amount of weight for me, but the thought of carrying it on my body every second of every day gave me a whole new perspective on where I was and where I am now.

A year ago, i was much more depressed by situations in my life. Food and other unhealthy vices were seemingly the only things that were filling the gaps in my happiness. Last October I started seeing a therapist who helped me get control of my life. Then just before I started my weight loss journey, my wife and I separated. At first that threatened to spiral me out of control, but with the help of my therapist, I realized how unhappy I was in my marriage and what it was doing to me personally.

Now my primary motivation factors are my own personal health and spending as much time in this mortality with my kids as humanly possible. I came to realize there are factors I can control about my health and happiness and to give the rest over to God or if it's not God for you, whatever other influence can help guide your path. I'm not in the triple digit club (lost) yet, but I will get there.

Thank you to everyone who walked this path before me and showed me that it is possible. You are all truly inspirations. If my journey inspires just one other person to take control and find their own health and happiness, that is the best gratitude to those before I can think of, "pay it forward".

I wrote this on my phone. Sorry if it is incoherent rambling.

Last edited by McLarghuge : Sun, Nov-16-14 at 14:13.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-14, 13:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins - Balancing
Stats: 313/250/200 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

...annnnnnnnd, here is the current me:
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-14, 14:22

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

HI McL! Great post! Thanks for sharing and welcome! You will love these boards-so much great info and super support. Sounds like you are very much on your way to a healthier, happier you. That is really fantastic, not everyone gets to a place mentally where they can put themselves on the priority list, and you have.
Best of luck on your journey,
Jammie
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-14, 18:29
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

250 is looking good! I'm looking forward to getting there, too. I hear you about the health thing. I've switch from eating junk that I "like" to eating healthy stuff -- that I also happen to like. I never knew what it was like to actually get in tune with my body. Eating carby junk really screwed it up.

Contratuations on you losses so far. But changing your life and living for your health and being here for your family is an even bigger accomplishment.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-14, 14:21

Plan: LC with CO
Stats: 479.6/475/299 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 3%

There's an app, I have no idea which one, but it compares your weight to objects. I remember seeing someone lost 25 pounds and that equates to 30 bundles of bananas or something. When I lost 100 pounds, I told people I'd lost the equivalent of a baby horse. haha Can you imagine carring around a baby horse?!! Oh the visuals.

I'm glad you're no longer carrying around an extra AC unit.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-14, 15:07

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

There's an old thread on here.. Post a picture of something that's the size of what you've lost. I used to like it. I'll see if i can find it.. you could put a pic of the AC unit on there, and jess can post a foal's pic..lol