Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-17, 01:17

Plan: 2
Stats: 330/320/220 Male 185
BF:
Progress:
Default New, can you correct

Hi everyone, I'm brand new here with a lot to lose. Sounds like low carb is the thing I need

I have 2 or 3 small questions for you.

1) I find it difficult to define the right amount of Glucide in my food. As an example, I am preparing my today's meal list. If I look at Tofu in the French edition of Atkins book, I can see Tofu is at 1,6 for 200gr. If I use the online Glucid calculator from Atkins (French as well) it says 4gr for the same weight...

2) I am eating fish, dairy, tofu and other vegan things but no "true" meat. Looking at the Atkins book, I chose to go to the vegan option so phase 2 with 35gr glucids. I think I am right on this?

3) 5gr of glucid must comes from vegetable. In this aspect, I don't thing Tofu counts as a vegetable?

4) Would the more expert be nice enough to look at my meals for today and tell me if I am correct or not? I'm honestly a bit lost and the more I read, the more I am confusing I'm adding glucid and protein for each element

2 petit-Suisse 4glucid 11.28 protein
30gr walnut 3.2gl 4.5 pr
--
1 egg 0.6gl 6 pr
--
1 avocado 1.6gl 2.5pr
tofu 200gr 4gl 20pr
lettuce 200gr 3gl 1,20pr
5 olives 0
1spoon olive oil 0
cabbage 100gr 1.57gl
---
60gr emmental 2gl 1.14pr
---
tuna 140gr 0gl 32.9p
tomato 70gr 2.1gl
asparagus 100g 2.4 3pr
1cs olive oil 0
mushroom 100gr 1.7gl 1.8pr

This means a total of 26.17gr glucid (including 11gr from vegetable) and 104gr protein.

All my thanks !!!

Do you think this is enough ?

Last edited by Olivier : Fri, Jan-13-17 at 01:18. Reason: sorry am french so many mistakes :-)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-17, 06:24

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Hi Olivier. Your English is fine. I'm not sure what version of Atkins book you have. But "phase 2" suggests it's a more recent version? Looking at the numbers, I guess your "glucid" is what English Atkins dieters would call "net carbs," just the carbohydrate that can be processed into glucose by the body?

The difference in carbohydrate shown from the two Atkins sources may just mean that they used a different food database . Two studies on tofu's nutritional content may get different results, you can have slightly different processing methods, or different species of soybean, or some other difference. I think you were right to go with the higher number, just to be careful.

Your food looks good, you're getting in a reasonable amount of protein and everything. I don't know how many calories that all comes to, though. Does it satisfy you? As long as your not feeling hungry all the time or something, it's probably good.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-17, 09:53

Plan: 2
Stats: 330/320/220 Male 185
BF:
Progress:

Hi Teaser and thanks for your comments.

The book I purchased is this one https://www.google.fr/search?q=atki...XSDihcDBHyVM%3A

Yes by glucid I meant net carbs.
I'm afraid to be a bit hungry but the last weeks (months..) before starting Atkins I used to eat enormous quantities. Now, I can cope with this with the morning and afternoon breaks. I feel much better now so this really compensate. It should be fine in 2 or 3 days.

Thanks for the feedback!