Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-10-17, 13:02

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%
Default Valentine's

Happy Valentine's!
What is everyone up to? are you going out for steak, spending a day with your best friends, dinner at home?

This year, we are going to stay home, because we are saving money (or trying to at least). To make it special, we bought heart shaped plates, heart shaped candles, heart shaped lights (like Christmas lights), and my DH even bought cheap red placenta use pink paint and stencils to give those hearts

For the meal:
Salad- greens with Cupid's arrows- red bell peppers cut with heart shaped cookie cutter, and arrows made with one bell pepper heart, a tooth pick and half a baby bel cheese on opposite end of toothpick (cut so it makes half circle shape for bow tail).

Seared scallops

RoAst potatoes for hubs

And the part I most excited for- 90% chocolate covered bacon for dessert (white for husband, poor guy is allergic to chocolate)

Champagne

Happy Valentine's! Btw, just heard cute name for women celebrating with their best girlfriends- Galentine's. Ha! Next time I have a get together with the girls, no matter whT day it is, I am making it a Galentine's day and bringing out the heart stuff
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-10-17, 13:58
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Cute ideas! I love Galentine's day.

I'll be working until 7:00 pm, so I don't know. I'm not really into Valentine's stuff. I thought of steak, but I think I'll save that for a month later. Maybe I'll do a whole chicken or beef roast and veggies in the crock pot, and pick up some 85% dark chocolate.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-10-17, 20:54
Registered Member

Plan: VLC
Stats: 315.4/275.6/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

I'm making bacon roses for mine.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-12-17, 06:52

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

We're old married and my husband and I will probably wait until the weekend (when it's more convenient and less crowded) to celebrate. We'll probably go out to dinner.

For actual Valentine's Day, I have heart shaped cupcake and cake tins. This year (as I do most years), I'll make a big heart shaped chocolate chip cookie for the kids. My baking is way down these days, so this will be a real treat for the kids. At dinner, I'll use the cupcake tins to make some heart shaped fauxtato skins, which everyone likes.

On a side note, a few weeks ago, I found myself in CVS with a few minutes to kill and so I picked out a Valentine's Card for my husband. It was a nice card, but nothing remarkable. I brought it up to the self checkout and had to do a double take. $8!!! I think next year, I'll whip out the red construction paper and make my own.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-12-17, 07:59
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Oh man, don't even get me started on greeting cards! They throw on ten cents worth of glitter and bows to justify charging you $6-10, and half the time, it costs you more to mail them. I get them at dollar stores now. I don't care if they're not as nice - I always write something heartfelt inside; that's more important, IMO.

Hmmm... I used to have a heart cookie cutter, maybe I'll hunt around for it and make SO some peanut butter cookies today.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-12-17, 10:15

BF:

Oh my.... Just to clarify, my DH did not buy cheap, red PLACENTA to decorate with the heart stencil. That was place mats .

And yep- I didn't notice price of card until at the register. $8 is ridiculous!

Beth- the first year I was dating my DH, I made a bouquet of bacon roses. I am fairly certain that is what roped him in

Tess- we are young (ish) and married, but we celebrated last night. We are super early birds, so going out on a week night will never happen.

Kristine- haha, I'm out of control with decorating for holidays....we are Jewish, but you should see the size of our Christmas tree every year
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-13-17, 04:42

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%

We have never really done anything for Valentine's Day. But a yummy meal tomorrow night sounds perfect. I'm making Mexican shrimp cocktail (it is boiled shrimp, avocado and horseradish cocktail sauce), a jumbo Caesar salad topped with sautéed crawfish tails, and broiled shrimp and jumbo scallops wrapped in bacon.

The kids are lobbying for me to make some whipped cream to go with it.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Feb-13-17, 06:18

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

I like this picture of Ken. If I had a gal and she gave me these gifts I would be very happy and behave for at least a week! But since I don't I'll sit at home, maybe roast a duck and listen to sad songs on the radio

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Feb-13-17, 07:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

I will be making Steaks and spinach for us for dinner. It will be the whole family and I will make some kind of dessert for them. Maybe cookies because I don't eat them.
Valentines is not my favorite holiday but I love being with my family..
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-13-17, 08:25

Plan: Atkins - Modified
Stats: 215/174.6/150 Male 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Making chicken with mushrooms in a garlic and white wine reduction for my Valentine and me.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Feb-13-17, 08:47

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

We went out on Saturday since we hate the actual St. Valentine's Day crowds.

I will be making salad and dh's favorite recipe for burgers (by Alton Brown, called Mini-Man Burgers), a low carb veggie and as we do once a day have carbs, dh will have a slice of the heartshaped cake I am making from scratch today, and I will have a serving of dark chocolate and nuts.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-17, 09:07

Plan: Carnivore & IF
Stats: 357/294/170 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hubs and I have reservations at a steak place this Saturday that we've wanted to try for years. We've been sick so we may or may not still go, depending on how we feel.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Feb-17-17, 10:58

BF:

Thud- awesome meme.

Froka- hope you are feeling better!

Fadduckeggs-