Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-29-11, 22:54

Plan: general LC
Stats: 191/140/133 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 88%
Default 18+ months

I started LC'ing when I came across this forum. My health has been changing for the better ever since. For the first time I have seen the scale drop to 155 lbs, a weight I haven't seen since I got married 7 years ago. My HDL's were 70 at my last check, and my Vitamin D level was 68.

I FEEL great. This lifestyle/WOE has seen me through weaning away from depression meds, a happy healthy pregnancy, and more than 35 pounds lost so far. From the great suggestions and experiences of others I have been able to quit taking a PPI, and my symptoms of reflux are hardly existent.

I am encouraged every day by knowing my health is measurably improving. I have given up being a scale watcher and even though I lose very slowly I am hopeful I'll get to my goal weight, even if it takes me more than another year.

When things seem to be too going slowly or this WOE seems difficult, DON"T GIVE UP!!! It is so worth it for your health in the long run, even if you are not getting the results as quick as you were hoping to see them.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-30-11, 08:58
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Congratulations! I hate to think where'd I'd be if I had continued to follow the trajectory I was on before I changed my diet. Yikes!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-31-11, 08:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, Restart 1-1-2012
Stats: 184/172/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Congrats! I've been LC off and on since 1999, I need to take it slow and, instead, try to stay on long term. I've reduced my goals to prepare but I think I'm OK with it. I wish I could give up the scale, though. It really is not the BFF of a slow loser :0).
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-31-11, 08:47

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

Awesome!! Even if it is still too heavy I'm the weight I was back in High School.

Keep up the great work!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-31-11, 09:41

Plan: low carb-atkins
Stats: 280/170/150 Female 5'8
BF:40/27.5/22
Progress: 85%

Congrats!!!

Been since 2003 for me...I honestly cannot beleive it has been that long...Pretty much stayed on LC...
Has this changed my life???? OMG YES!!! Changed on so many levels...Keep up the great work!!!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-31-11, 10:39

Plan: general LC
Stats: 191/140/133 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 88%

Thank you for the well wishes! I too shudder at the thought of my last dietary trajectory... I was living "frugal" and subsisting off of pasta, rice and beans. Very scary to think what would have happened had I not learned the error of my ways.

I love seeing how others have been steadfast on LC for a number of years. To see something improve health and life in so many ways is encouraging indeed!